• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Winter Magic - The Snow Owl Express

Pauly7

it has higher pop/culture than other evo buildings
A handful of population more than the Wise Golem, but I would take the Golem instead, any day of the week. When that one came out people complained that it wasn't good, but it would always be a worthy addition to a city because of the supplies.

ayvinul

If the numbers posted for "goddess of wishes" are right, this is very cheap.
we're talking about (at most) 60 harvests, with a 5% chance of 35 diamonds each time.

So, the goddess amounts to about 3 diamond harvests, for a grand total of (drum roll) 105 diamonds.

doesn't even begin to compare to wishing wells.

SoggyShorts

Underwhelming grand prize to say the least. Might be the weakest one of all time.

Mana equal to 1.5 mana huts =7.5sq (10sq of sawmills)
T4 equal to 1.2h in factory = 3.25sq
pop equal to 0.5 res = 8.25sq
-----------------
19 squares of value and it takes up 18 squares in a city. Sure, I didn't put a value in the culture, but you can't MM an owl either.

woohoo?

Just for comparison, a fully evolved witch hut:
Heavey ranged equal to 7.7 Grounds of the orc strategists =69sq
Orcs equal to 3.25 orc nests =29.25sq
pop equal to 0.35 res = 5.75sq
plus 3 KP per day
------------------------------
104 squares of value in 18sq.

I would rather have a stage 1 witch hut than a stage 10 owl. :oops:

Karvest

So, the goddess amounts to about 3 diamond harvests, for a grand total of (drum roll) 105 diamonds.

It's comparable in diamonds/day per cell. But as a single reward (since we can't make a field of them and refresh this field on its expiration... even if we'll see them as daily prizes (doubt), it would be hard to get enough of them to replace 1-2 WWs with current event mechanics) - it's way worse.

Earwen1

Playing in Chapter III I got stuck on the quest:
* Fight and win in 3 Encounters or Use 1 Pet Food AND Produce 4 Advanced Tools - 26

On the map, all my Incomplete provinces are Red. So it's impossible to win them by fighting. It would be better if it were possible to Cater these.
Pet food can be made in the MA, but it cannot be used. Simply because I have nothing yet to use it on.

I hope this can be fixed, because...
  • I Really love the art!
  • It's great that the shuffle has been removed, as it was not a prize but a penalty
  • It's really a lovely event. Glad it will run for a month at least.

Last edited:

DeletedUser1953

If the numbers posted for "goddess of wishes" are right, this is very cheap.
we're talking about (at most) 60 harvests, with a 5% chance of 35 diamonds each time.

Thx, you have right, what a loose of time ! The only thing to save this beatifull event is the daily reward !
WW: 10%x25x2x100 => 500 but it was in the old time, before september 2019, before massive nerfing and massive randomizing !

Last edited by a moderator:

Arthus

Again no currency in mystic object.
Where was last time it was in?

People say that population is nice in Owl but production is too weak to give it place in the city.
Mana for chapter 15+ players is worthless. Seeds would be nice. You too away from us our main source of seeds with unurium from trader.
It seems that whoever decides about productions of evolution buildings doesn't play the game and doesn't know what is worthy and what is worthless in which chapter.

Pauly7

19 squares of value and it takes up 18 squares in a city. Sure, I didn't put a value in the culture, but you can't MM an owl either.
16 squares, but still.

We'd better hope there are a few daily prizes that are worth having, otherwise we'll just have a month of trying to pick up some free troop instants, etc.

Karvest

there would be pop_culture hybrid, that have bigger pop density than winter star.
A_Evt_December_XX_GoblinGiftShop_Animated.png

Arthus

16 squares, but still.

We'd better hope there are a few daily prizes that are worth having, otherwise we'll just have a month of trying to pick up some free troop instants, etc.

Tower of the Winter King and event is saved. Easy solution.
I want this building since i started 2018 and i cannot get chance to get it.

CrazyWizard

* Fight and win in 3 Encounters or Use 1 Pet Food AND Produce 4 Advanced Tools - 26

On the map, all my Incomplete provinces are Red. So it's impossible to win them by fighting. It would be better if it were possible to Cater these.
Pet food can be made in the MA, but it cannot be used. Simply because I have nothing yet to use it on.

• I Really love the art!
  • It's great that the shuffle has been removed, as it was not a prize but a penalty

Ain't this quest after the 5th? because as soon as you get the baseplat of the owl, you can place it and use a pet food on it.

CrazyWizard

Tower of the Winter King and event is saved. Easy solution.
I want this building since i started 2018 and i cannot get chance to get it.

roflol, I think you miss the point, you could in the past onlly get 1!!! of this building as it was the main prize you could not get without paying money (chance even if you tried your best without paying doing everything right was less then 0.01%)
It was also the main prize of the second ever FA, so only those that got first got 1.

You should stop thinking it as a venars III that was the very first ever main prize (similar to above only if you payed) and got released for some reason as a daily prize, this is the outlyer not the generic rule.

Empress Dee

• I Really love the art!
I thought so at first too for a city that I don't have a bear in...but you can use food on the Owl, so all else fails, you can deploy the owl to move on if you haven't already done so.

Earwen1

CrazyWizard and Empress Dee, you're both right! The owl does eat that stuff indeed!
I think in this case it would be helpfull for new players (on the live servers) to have an extra tooltip or anything to explain this quest a little bit more.

Jackluyt

124843229_10218011967671390_6125004193567528906_o.jpg

This is the Final Prize if you finish all 95 quests.
It is a 30 Day expiring building which is similar to the old Wishing Well.
Values are for Chapter XII (Elementals)

124864061_10218011860988723_3730122342989891200_n.jpg

Arthus

roflol, I think you miss the point, you could in the past onlly get 1!!! of this building as it was the main prize you could not get without paying money (chance even if you tried your best without paying doing everything right was less then 0.01%)
It was also the main prize of the second ever FA, so only those that got first got 1.

You should stop thinking it as a venars III that was the very first ever main prize (similar to above only if you payed) and got released for some reason as a daily prize, this is the outlyer not the generic rule.

I would love it to be one of the main prizes instead of 1 of 1000 portal profits.
Scream of Halloween, Cemetery, Headless Halloween and Freakenspleen were main prizes of 2016/2017/2018/2019 Halloweens and they returned as daily so i don't know why Tower of the Winter King cannot return at least as main prize between artifacts.

If owl would accept relic bonus to sentient goods it would be good building. If it doesn't it is simply bad.

Will someone in chapter 17 will spend 4x4 space for 2k moonstone or gum or platinum per 24h and 16k mana? All when players have 1kk+ sentient goods and 2-3kk of mana at that point of the game. As i said, to understand that you have to play the game. Seeds would be much better than mana because of recent change in trader with unurium.

Missed chance for seeds/culture or hammer spells building.

Last edited: