• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Winter Magic - The Snow Owl Express

Jackluyt

Please feel free to share our Event Note with your friends and fellowship who do not play on Beta.
https://tinyurl.com/y5f62ru3

More information will be added later in the day and during the event.

124928862_10218009978101652_8011526691717961166_n.jpg

edeba

Have you checked the board before posting? Or am I the “lucky one”? As you can notice I even only circled the “1 KP”, not “2 KP” price.
View attachment 8271

The artwork really is amazing as always. The rest of my feedback will have to wait till I actually play the event.
So far this event is awful. I decided to try for today's prize and 11 tries so far and just junk.

Thanks for the feedback so far! :)

Does the Owl really have only one production in the 6th/dwarves chapter? Screenshot:
View attachment 8270
Yes. :)

Dear IG, you are about to make the same mistake again with nearly invisible keys around the city in winter event.
We already had a similiar problem some time ago.

View attachment 8273

It's OK at the moment, but someone should try to imagine, how it would look like on live servers with all that snow around the city in December...
I'm afraid keys will be barely visible.
Thank you! We will double-check that it works with the winter background. Can't promise any changes right now, but we'll check. :)

Edit: Our artists are quick! We will make some changes to improve the contrast. You should see them on Beta tomorrow (on Browser), after the daily update. Mobile will take a little longer. :)

Oh no!
Another Shuffleboard!!
My players are not going to like this...
:( :( :(
We are aware that previous events with a shuffle mechanic have had negative feedback. For the very first one, we had a quest system with randomized quests that we had removed for the second one (and we included several other improvements too), which made a big difference, but we still had some negative feedback because players didn't like that they didn't have much control over the board. With this third iteration of the shuffle-type of event, we are addressing that feedback.

In this year's Winter Magic event, opening the Post Boxes will "charge" the Reveal Two and Double Reward bonuses, instead of them being hidden on the board for you to discover at random. Also the Shuffle has been removed from the board itself, and instead can also be triggered on demand.

With these changes, we give agency to you, the player, and we aim to encourage and fascilitate strategic decisions on when exactly you would like to use each of these three power-ups. We believe that this will make a major difference to how this event can and will be played. :)

Last edited:

Uffauffa

Agree, nice graphics.
Providing a feedback, to tell the truth (at least mine)...
... are you sure winter owl can be considered a grand prize? :confused:

DeletedUser3314

View attachment 8274
Why fight? Why not solve encounter?
Some players might have everything dark red (unfightable) on map (not only because of overscouting!) or not enough army and no pet to use pet food.
I hardly had any troops to start with and had to fight in a red province (don't have anything easier) and lost of course (on auto). Now I don't have enough troops for another fight. o_O I only have 1 building (Moon Bear) to use pet foot on but if I do that now it will be totally wasted since I can't get the bonus from it right now because I already did NH this morning. OK, not wasted completely, Moon Bear feeding effect last 24 hours apparently. :oops: But still...
Very bad quest this one. :mad:

Last edited by a moderator:

Pauly7

Well... I'm usually reasonably positive about evolving buildings. This one becomes the only one that I have absolutely no interest in (aside from the Coldfire Phoenix, but I wouldn't have minded that if I'd had a small city at the time).
  • Feeding effect - Is this for real? Will anyone fancy wasting a pet food for 7,500 goods (Orcs Chapter)? Come on. I have less manufactories than the norm, but it would still need to be at least 5 times this value before I considered it as a use for pet food.
  • Other - Just a daily handful of Magic Dust (in my case). Even at the 10th evolution it doesn't match a standard 3 hour collection.
  • No coins and supplies - I understand these aren't for everyone, but for me it's really disappointing that they've started removing these from evolving buildings. If they're present then the building becomes worthwhile just for those things. I guess this is part of a concentrated push to get people to build more residences and workshops and phase out the useful event buildings.
I'm struggling to see how this building would be viable for anyone.

CrazyWizard

Well... I'm usually reasonably positive about evolving buildings. This one becomes the only one that I have absolutely no interest in (aside from the Coldfire Phoenix, but I wouldn't have minded that if I'd had a small city at the time).
  • Feeding effect - Is this for real? Will anyone fancy wasting a pet food for 7,500 goods (Orcs Chapter)? Come on. I have less manufactories than the norm, but it would still need to be at least 5 times this value before I considered it as a use for pet food.
  • Other - Just a daily handful of Magic Dust (in my case). Even at the 10th evolution it doesn't match a standard 3 hour collection.
  • No coins and supplies - I understand these aren't for everyone, but for me it's really disappointing that they've started removing these from evolving buildings. If they're present then the building becomes worthwhile just for those things. I guess this is part of a concentrated push to get people to build more residences and workshops and phase out the useful event buildings.
I'm struggling to see how this building would be viable for anyone.
It still looks cool ;)
I think this building is really for the esthetic pleasers. as you are right for other players it's cannon fodder, which totally sucks.
I want this in my town. but I can't justify it.

Somehow the cooles buildings are always the worst.
Panda bear was the best looker as well and the worst of the 3 as an example :(

Pauly7

It still looks cool ;)
I think this building is really for the esthetic pleasers. as you are right for other players it's cannon fodder, which totally sucks.
I want this in my town. but I can't justify it.

Somehow the cooles buildings are always the worst.
Panda bear was the best looker as well and the worst of the 3 as an example :(
I agree with you there. I play for aesthetics on my main Live city, as you may know, and my first reaction was seeing it and thinking - Wow, this may be the first ever main winter building that I would actually place in my city. It looks cool, and not only that, but it isn't gratuitously snowy, icy or festive, which is what stops me building any of the winter buildings... but alas, how can they make it this poor? Every event we wonder how long they will be able to continue the trend of downscaling everything's value, but they keep managing it. All they'd have to do is throw in a good purse of coins per day and I'd be in.

So you consider - Well, are these buildings attractive to newer players who don't have access to the better buildings of old? In the case of the Coldfire Phoenix, definitely yes... but this one just takes up space. Yes, it's goods that don't cost culture and population, but it still has to be worth its footprint and sadly I don't see how this is.

Alcaro

Dear IG, you are about to make the same mistake again with nearly invisible keys around the city in winter event.
We already had a similiar problem some time ago.

View attachment 8273

It's OK at the moment, but someone should try to imagine, how it would look like on live servers with all that snow around the city in December...
I'm afraid keys will be barely visible.
First, I would like to have real snow in our cities not just some scattered snowflakes and then, that key could be bright pink or purple or whatever ... just not blue or green-ish.

DeletedUser3314

Inno should change the feeding effect of the Watchful Winter Owl to "Gives random boosted Standard Goods per Neighborly Help." to make it worth it, not only per Chest. :oops:

Jaxom

16 prizes. 5 are worthless relics. 1 is a single KP. 2 are 5% boosts. So half of them are items I do not want at all.
Really bad.
Others have said how lame the grand prize is. I love owls but this one is not going to find a home in my city.
Shame on you!

DeletedUser2378

Loving this event so far! Graphics are beautiful!
I love the Winter events and this one is much better than last year, so far. The Postal Boxes are fun to open and it's fast and easy to do.
I don't mind the 1 KP and Relic boxes, as I don't expect to gain loads and loads of misc. prizes over THIRTY TWO days. Disenchanting what I don't want is also a bonus, in my eyes.
I'll take it and enjoy it all, along the way. :)

Aeva

I noticed there are only 95 quests and I suppose the last ten are daily available. That is not much for a whole month...

DeletedUser1953

When i see the rewards, the important question : is there new toilet 1x1 again ?!
In the previous, i have some difficulties to do 75, and now 95 ? and because most are double, nearly 190 quests, this becomes absurd.