• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Winter Magic 2021

Jackluyt

Release note dated 25th November:

259790691_10220167828126554_145643648160274460_n.jpg

New values:

259788384_10220167859287333_845726040261899603_n.jpg

kkk3

78. Solve 10 Encounters
Scout 1 province or Upgrade 2 buildings to level 5 or higher - 37

Not a good quest; there are lots of people who do not have Encounters available, both high and low level players. This needs an alternative please.

today it is still like this, please add an alternative, thanks

Bor de Wolf 1965

Again I found a progress stopper for lower chapter players.
The stopping part of a quest is like having an option and both of them are impossible to complete.
Solve Spire encounters (6) : I am still in chapter 2 so this is impossible.
OR Fight and win in Encounters (4): At chapter 2 you probably have only red provinces around you so you can't win any fight.

For now, all this sad wolf can do is taking a trip to the scary woods and howl to the moon at night.

Laurelin-Beta

The current Event is offering 30 x Event Currency per daily login.
I wasn't around during the immediately previous Event and I've forgotten the ones before that in any detail.
Is this a reduction from 35 per daily login, or am I imagining that?
And as a connected question, how do the Event Currency per Quest rewards compare with previous Events - less, more, the same?
Thanks in advance for any replies!

Laurelin-Beta

Well, in 2020 Winter Event it was 25, so we can consider it an improvement
Your memory is better than mine (and so is everyone else's... haha). No but seriously : are we REALLY getting more Event Currency in total now than we were a year ago - including all reliable sources, i.e. not only the Daily Login amount, but also the Quest Rewards (with completion of all Quests)? If so, then I really AM out of touch... I remember that, some months ago, the total reliably obtainable Event Currency (i.e. excluding any random Chest Rewards) was reduced by around 20% overall, which made it more difficult for many players to obtain 9 Evolving Building Artifacts from the Event alone - and this reduction attracted so much attention, both here and on Live Forums, that it was, presumably, a reduction from the total amount which was reliably obtainable during Winter 2020 (and previously), as well as during the first X number of Events in 2021 as well?

I do at least recall that, if one ignores the random amounts of Event Currency handed out in Chests (which I always do ignore, since I so rarely win any), the amount of Event Currency given out in all Events since I started playing, some 3½ years ago, has remained more or less consistent* - up to the point when, as I say, the total amount of reliably obtainable Event Currency (Quest rewards plus Daily Login) was reduced by around 20%, quite recently - although whether that was three or four Events ago I can't recall (or was it even longer...? See, terrible memory!).

* Note : I'm excluding from this statement any Events which featured the 'unlimited Quests' system, for obvious reasons.

So I'm asking again, please, if anyone knows and would care to advise me : is the amount of 30 Event Currency per Daily Login a reduction on the immediately previous Event (or the one before - since I was absent for the immediately previous Event)...? Thanks in advance... again! :)

NB : My reason for asking, if it's not obvious : I'm trying to plan my Live strategy and also asking on behalf of Live players who don't frequent the Beta Forum, as well as considering my potential feedback for this Event here on Beta... it's difficult for me to judge to total amount of Event Currency because I'm not going to be able to finish this Event myself, since my City is still only in Chapter II and I have no intention of playing in a hardcore manner so as to accelerate its progress to the point where I might actually be able to finish the Event - Inno would have to pay me to do that!)

PrimroseSylvia

Yes, on Mysty Forest daily reward was 35 event currency. But often they're different from an event to another, just like how many quests do we have to complete: on Winter Event there are 99, on Mysty Forest 75.

Laurelin-Beta

@PrimroseSylvia : Thanks very much - just what I was looking for :)
And for my next question, directed at any kind players more advanced than me who will know the answer:
Is the total Event Currency obtainable from reliable (not random) sources more or less, altogether, than the last Event - with full Quest completion?
Again, thanks in advance to anyone who can help!

However...
Or just hurry up and get into chapter 3 and open the Spire.

@Enevhar Aldarion :

Seriously?

If that's what you think Inno's response to starter players who can't do Event Quests should be, well - Inno must want to lose lots of early players. I'd be incensed if a gaming company were to respond to me - and my potential revenue (not all F2Pers are impoverished teens) - with such an attitude.

Also : haven't I heard you, in particular, advocating for the 'This is a long game requiring much patience etc.' argument, or was I hallucinating? :D

Enevhar Aldarion

If that's what you think Inno's response to starter players who can't do Event Quests should be, well - Inno must want to lose lots of early players. I'd be incensed if a gaming company were to respond to me - and my potential revenue (not all F2Pers are impoverished teens) - with such an attitude.

Also : haven't I heard you, in particular, advocating for the 'This is a long game requiring much patience etc.' argument, or was I hallucinating?

In general, yes, except the first couple of chapters are meant to be completed in just a couple of weeks, not lingered in. as I have seen mods in different forums tell people. Whether those mods are still around or not, I don't know. I started my Beta city on the 4th day of an event and I knew I needed to get into chapter 3 as quickly as I could, so that the event would go as smoothly as possible for my small city. Oh, and I probably said that way back when portal profits and time boosters did not exist. With those now, I completed the first 14 chapters in 14 months in my Beta city. It was probably also specifically about the players who quit after an hour or two of playing, leaving behind all the baby chapter 1 cities, because they could not get the instant gratification they expected from the misleading commercials for the game.

edeba

It seems to me on this event how far the currency can get you is quite reduced. I'm still looking at where I am and estimating how far I might get and it really looks like less than normal. I threw in a few diamonds to get avatars before, but this is looking like it would require a lot of diamonds to get the avatar, so I don't think it will be happening.

Laurelin-Beta

@edeba : Thank you! I do appreciate that the Event's not yet over, so the best anyone here can do at present is to keep on playing and see what happens in the end (well, outside of reading the game files - if the necessary information is even there? - but I'm too lazy to learn how to do that). Even though I myself am not going to come close to finishing this Event on Beta, I'm still interested, as I'm sure we all are, in whether or not the Live version of the Event - and those in future - will be easier or more difficult to complete than previous ones, and your advice is always good. Much appreiated.

vcable1972

I don't understand one queste the ask "use unit refill" what kind of unit do the mean here and were do i find it? It would be nice if the put a info tag on it to explain what is needed.

Uffauffa

I don't understand one queste the ask "use unit refill" what kind of unit do the mean here and were do i find it?
You can find it in "Spells" -> "Instants" and check if you have instants to summon any kind of troops. If you don't have one, try to solve the alternate task, if there's one, or try to win it in the event mini game.

Enevhar Aldarion

It seems to me on this event how far the currency can get you is quite reduced. I'm still looking at where I am and estimating how far I might get and it really looks like less than normal. I threw in a few diamonds to get avatars before, but this is looking like it would require a lot of diamonds to get the avatar, so I don't think it will be happening.

I just collected the 8th artifact last night, so I have 11 days of quests/dailies/spawns to complete two more grand prizes before I even think about the avatar. If I can use the 2x on a few of the present prizes, especially the one that is worth 4 presents, I might get there.