• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Winter Magic 2021

GerdyaanB

If I open a post office box at random and get a slide, how do I choose that? Today my big prize is the Snowball fight. I got the slide in addition to the snowball fight.
Obviously collateral "damage" cannot be avoided.....i do consider carefully if i want anything on the board at hand....it would be bad if there was nothing appealing on the board apart from the daily....sorry that i did misinterpret your entry.....what is your suggestion to avoid this to happen ?

GerdyaanB

Managing event currency is always a challenge for me. I would welcome any tips.
Thanks in advance.
The challenge is to refrain yourself....and obviously you don't know what price will come next days....but your experience on beta will help to make beter decisions on life worlds. Unless the daily is really appealling don't play that day...or change daily before shuffle and make decision to play that day or not. But perhaps someone has more ideas...

Lovec Krys

@Mrietha Simple - choose what you want most from the event and go for that (=using your event currency on a single (or two) reward).

Do you need pure cultural buildings?
Wait until one decent (usualy the bigger the better*) appears. Get as many as you need, then you can spend on something else.
(*While small ones might have slightly better cult/square ratio, if you get 10 2x1 building from event you get much less culture than by getting 10 3x3 building)

Do you need pop/cult hybrids?
Wait until some good (big enough = 3x3 or bigger) appears. Don't go for garbage giving much more culture than pop(you can as well go for pure cult + residences), only pop/cult hybrids giving same or more pop than culture are worth it by my opinion. (by my opinion Goblin Gift Shop is the best - was on day 1 and it might reappear)

Do you need orcs?
Sometimes there are cult/orc hybrids, but not every event. To be sure, you might want to build more armories. There might even be a craftable building, if so, just craft it and forget events in this.

Do you need mana?
Wait until a good mana building appears - always count production per square per hour, avoid pop/cult/mana garbage (you're after mana and those have low mana production). Good mana dailies not always appears in the event, so you might wait until next event and choose a different daily this one.

Do you need seeds? Forget event buildings and simply craft them, you won't get better buildings from events anyway (but in some events, almost as good buildings might appear, but no guarantee on that).
Avoid pop/cult/seeds garbage - catastrophically low seed production.

Do you need all of it? Well, you must choose in each event what you want, since you won't have enough event currency for all.
Pure cultural buildings are most common, some good ones are in every event.
Pop/cult buildings are in every event, but the good ones are rarer and the top ones (by my opinion 3/4 pop 1/4 cult hybrids are best) are usualy twice per year.

Bor de Wolf 1965

I managed to get past the AW development and managed to put the 15KP in to someone else wonder.
But still this quest feels stupid for people at chapter 1 or 2.

The same can be said about the get 600 spell fragments when we can't get in to the tower and only can disenchant some items we just get from the event.
Doesn't matter if they are useless in just 2 weeks, it feels not good.

Jackluyt

New values for the Evolving building! Values are for Chapter XII Elementals.

258769591_10220153195200740_2884802259686115708_n.jpg

Last edited:

Arthus

Pop/cult of boblins is tragic now, had best population of all evo buildings in the game, now has one of the worst... 3k population building in chapter 19... edit: ok i checked, it's worst ever, 30 pop lower than coldfire phoenix

Are you bound to deleting one statistic to boost other? Instead of finally making worthy buildings better than basic buildings?
You destroyed Coldfire Phoenix and May Tree in the same way
I understand corporations work like "we give them 1 thing so we take 2 things in exchange" but c'mon...
Seems like Fire Phoenix won't ever be beaten as best evo building because it was 1st one so it had to make an impression

Last edited:

DeletedUser2378

I'm meh about this event.
Same quests as usual (really dislike the quest Jack listed a couple of posts above this...that one is brutal for all). We really need and/or options for more quests, to accommodate all chapter players.
On to the daily exclusives. These have been uninteresting to me (in chapter 16 here) for a long time now. I don't get excited when it's time for a new daily to show up in the event window anymore. I miss that excitement. Can we do something about this? Make a few really desirable and/or powerful daily exclusives in an event again. We need something to look forward to with those dailies.
I feel the same about the evolving buildings. These just don't interest me, as they take up too much room for a very small reward that I could get elsewhere without worrying about space. Even a couple of really exciting Evo's a year would be great. I mean...really desirable buildings that are beneficial and would really boost a town. (I do have last year's Winter Owl mainly because of the image ;))
I love the Sips of Clarity and Spectral Stones! The Tome of Opulence is a fun idea but not overly exciting as a Grand Prize.
I won't be going out of my way to complete this event.
It's a very cute event, as usual. The daily buildings are adorable, which is fun to see. However, there is nothing much to be excited about in the way of placing buildings in my town.

Bor de Wolf 1965

I just put up a suggestion topic for some new quests for the event.
They are a translation from the Dutch forum during the August/September event.
Look at them and add more quests and lets hope Inno will put them to use in a future event.

Enevhar Aldarion

Just did a re-roll and got the Winter Star to show up! I wonder if it will also be a daily prize or only available from re-rolling?

Lovec Krys

When was this changed?:
Original from first day:
1637749841643.png

Today:
1637749814918.png

I almost didn't notice this change.
The MM spell makes the building much more desirable for many cities (hope it's an intention and not a bug).
I don't care for the lowered pop/cult, i don't build evo buildings for their pop/cult (for that there are much better buildings than any evo can offer).

FieryArien

When was this changed?:
Original from first day:
View attachment 9610
Today:
View attachment 9609
I almost didn't notice this change.
The MM spell makes the building much more desirable for many cities (hope it's an intention and not a bug).
I don't care for the lowered pop/cult, i don't build evo buildings for their pop/cult (for that there are much better buildings than any evo can offer).
Here in the release notes. Hmm, I probably should have let my fellowship know. Certainly more people don’t know about this. :(

SoggyShorts

I don't care for the lowered pop/cult
I certainly care about the pop/culture. It effectively makes the building 10 squares bigger for me. This evo suddenly went from
"nice to have "
to
"stays in inventory forever"

Alcaro

I also think the values were changed again. I have more pop. than it shows on 2nd print-screen of @Lovec Krys for ch.19 , also less Unurium.
I don't think that upgrading it from ch.18 to 19 the building will give almost double Unurium.

Boblin's express service.jpg