• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Answered Why is the setting for (not) moving city unavailable?

Alcaro

they are in the same "pot" - people I would like to keep trading and visiting, like lost neighbours from a NH I used to be.

Lovec Krys

It sucks to have choices taken away but this is one of those cases where too many players didn't know what's best for themselves.
And someone else does?
Every time some ruler or politician thinks this way in the real life it always ends with milions dead in a war, famine or brutal dictatorship.
History is full with disasterous examples when someone knew what was best for others.

Heymrdiedier

I'm glad they removed it.
It sucks to have choices taken away but this is one of those cases where too many players didn't know what's best for themselves.
Player movement wasn't implemented well at first, but the best thing for everyone now is for everyone who is active to be moved together.
I'm gonna be so sad that i will get moved tho. I so loved my city surrounded by goldmines, it takes me about 2 mins to get a lot of gold from them daily. If i want to have the same amount of coins after i get moved, it will take me at least 30 mins, and yeah i will probably get a lot of hammers from that too, but i rather not rely on nh for hammers. I stopped giving my neighbor's help a few years ago because I kept falling asleep day after day while giving the help.... (its just so boring)

I really loved the goldmines for the speed of getting the coins. Wish there was a way to just give nh by just clicking on the city as it is with goldmines.

While I'll be sad, I wont stop the game for it. I'll just try to get gold in another way I guess, (even more houses?)

SoggyShorts

Every time some ruler or politician thinks this way in the real life it always ends with milions dead in a war, famine or brutal dictatorship.
History is full with disasterous examples when someone knew what was best for others.
History is also full of people being forced to do things that benefit them.
Seatbelt, Helmet, underage drinking laws. Actually a whole crapload of laws are there to protect people from themselves. Basically because people are bad at it.

Objective logic:
If everyone who is active is moved into the middle, then everyone will have active neighbors.
If some people stay while others move then there will be fewer active players together: it's worse for everyone.

Sorry, but you're kinda proving my point by wanting to have optional player movement:
it's not what's best for you, nor for anyone else, and yet you want to do it.:oops:

Last edited:

Bor de Wolf 1965

I don't understand why people keep complaining about a function they should not have in the first place.
Same as with suggestions about some improvements on event quests, yes they might ask you to do something that is not in to your benefit but it is a change of the standard stuff you know for a long time.
When will you realize, this is a game were the developers decide how it should go and not we players.

Be happy with the thoughts that the game keeps evolving and doesn't stay on the same place for 5 years.
If that would happen the game would die a slow death.

CrazyWizard

I don't understand why people keep complaining about a function they should not have in the first place.
Same as with suggestions about some improvements on event quests, yes they might ask you to do something that is not in to your benefit but it is a change of the standard stuff you know for a long time.
When will you realize, this is a game were the developers decide how it should go and not we players.

Be happy with the thoughts that the game keeps evolving and doesn't stay on the same place for 5 years.
If that would happen the game would die a slow death.
Same thing if the move system wasn't there all neigbourhoods would be dead by now.
The first system was flawed but good enough do delay the game dying because of it.
The new system keeps the game alive essentially forever. no matter if the game grows or slows. active players will never end up in a desert of inactivity.

With the exeption of a rare few, every players had loads of inactive cities around them.
many of those are now eliminated.
This is 6 years of backlog maintenance that needed to get fixed, so obviously the change is huge.

edeba

I'm glad they removed it.
Player movement wasn't implemented well at first, but the best thing for everyone now is for everyone who is active to be moved together.
I disagree. Seriously, all they needed was maybe a 60 day no login and change it to automatic movement. Through all of the so called movement, I had one player who quit my 2nd or 3rd year and remained on my map. That isn't a problem of needing to take away active player choice, but needing to reset to movement after a certain amount of time. I suggest 60 days.

edeba

Yes!
This bears repeating: I have a friend, been playing this game from the start, basically, had his Arendyll city moved! And is separated from the cities that spawned alongside him, from discovered neighbors that he traded with for years.
This is NOT ok.
He is asking to be restored, and I think we can all sympathize, I would feel the same about my EN2 city, if you separate me from my map brothers ....
I feel the same. I am grateful that neither myself or my favorite trading partner moved, but other players I have traded with since I started playing are not there anymore. They are active. I am active, so why are they gone?

edeba

I'm gonna be so sad that i will get moved tho. I so loved my city surrounded by goldmines, it takes me about 2 mins to get a lot of gold from them daily. If i want to have the same amount of coins after i get moved, it will take me at least 30 mins, and yeah i will probably get a lot of hammers from that too, but i rather not rely on nh for hammers. I stopped giving my neighbor's help a few years ago because I kept falling asleep day after day while giving the help.... (its just so boring)

I really loved the goldmines for the speed of getting the coins. Wish there was a way to just give nh by just clicking on the city as it is with goldmines.

While I'll be sad, I wont stop the game for it. I'll just try to get gold in another way I guess, (even more houses?)
I like being surrounded by goldmines as well.

SoggyShorts

I disagree. Seriously, all they needed was maybe a 60 day no login and change it to automatic movement. Through all of the so called movement, I had one player who quit my 2nd or 3rd year and remained on my map. That isn't a problem of needing to take away active player choice, but needing to reset to movement after a certain amount of time. I suggest 60 days.
That wouldnt work because then
1. Active players who stubbornly refused to move would be left behind and
2. Those who did move towards the middle would have fewer active neighbors