• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Answered Why is the setting for (not) moving city unavailable?

Lovec Krys

This is serious. Why is this settings gone?
Is only the menu missing, or can my cities now be moved when they had the settings unchecked (=not moved) for years?

Bor de Wolf 1965

After a lot of complains at at least the Dutch servers and probably on other servers as well after the mass move last Monday, one of the community officer told us that the use of that switch prevented some moving of players, with the end result "players leaving behind in a virtual desolate area".
After this they hide the switch and will decide if they ignore it for the movement round on Monday or not.
Later on, they may decide if they remove the switch or not and show it again.

Lovec Krys

I've read the en forum. I realy hope it does not affect all servers.
The correct solution would be to make two (or more) waves and between them announce that everyone who want to be moved, should checked the option for moving,
not moving by force players who don't want to be moved.
I wonder how many players will loose ther years neighbours and/or gets moved to a worse area and quit due to it.

Bor de Wolf 1965

You could be left behind while your neighbours get moved to a better spot with more people giving neighbourly aid.
That would be the same result.
But it would be nice to know in what part of the world you are.
If you are in the Center of the world, you won't be moved, for you can't get a better spot.
If you are between the Center and the outer part, It will be a big guess of what will happen to your town.
If you are in the outer rim, you really want to be moved for you know people around you will be transported to other places as well.
But I think, we will never get that information.

Lovec Krys

But the case is, that if this option is ignored, you and your neighbour(s) could be moved to a different parts of the map despite all having unchecked movement.
In that case some kind of friend system should be implemented, if you can be forcibly moved.

I'm not in the center. I'm closer to the edge than center(but not at the edge).

Alcaro

But the case is, that if this option is ignored, you and your neighbour(s) could be moved to a different parts of the map despite all having unchecked movement.
In that case some kind of friend system should be implemented, if you can be forcibly moved.

Oh, I so LOVE this idea!!!

I don't mind being moved but I do mind that I lose connection(s) with my friends.
In live world, I wasn't moved but my NH is now filled with coins and new small(er) players which can't reach me, so NH help is sadly out of discussion, same with trades. This, while lots of inactive players (some for many years already) are still in place.

Moncsociusz

On live I'm on those deserted areas right now. I was close to the edge before but now it's basically 5 players from my 580 provinces. I had lots of active neighbors, that's why I didn't wanted to move. And I reached some friends as well. So sweet could support each other... So a buddy system would be nice.

To let me name max 5 players who I should be able to reach at my current explored area if moved. Then I would be fine.

Some friends who have been moved days that they struggle as ask the new players are too small for her demand...

But if they move us forcibly I would Riot xD

CrazyWizard

Oh, I so LOVE this idea!!!

I don't mind being moved but I do mind that I lose connection(s) with my friends.
In live world, I wasn't moved but my NH is now filled with coins and new small(er) players which can't reach me, so NH help is sadly out of discussion, same with trades. This, while lots of inactive players (some for many years already) are still in place.

It sounds good but it's actually a bad idea.
It would be the same as "do not move us"

It's not easy to find the exact same spot for a player, this suggests that you need to find a combination of exact same spots that have to be free at exactly the same time to be moved.

Thats like winning the lottery, the more connected players the more impossible it becomes
It will pretty much never happen which means that group of players will be lost in never everland forever

Alcaro

It sounds good but it's actually a bad idea.
It would be the same as "do not move us"

It's not easy to find the exact same spot for a player, this suggests that you need to find a combination of exact same spots that have to be free at exactly the same time to be moved.

Thats like winning the lottery, the more connected players the more impossible it becomes
It will pretty much never happen which means that group of players will be lost in never everland forever
I don't think Lovec Krys meant that and if he did, for sure I didn't think at that. Of course will be almost impossible to find an area where all friends can have a place for their characteristics. When I said it's a great idea I thought at some sort of system to keep in touch several players, like a second fellowship but without tournaments, Spire. Maybe just visits and trades. Or maybe not a FS, just the possibility to mark some players as friends (let's say a capped number of 15 or more) and to be able to exchange neighbourly help and trades. Also, in addition to that, to have to possibility to message all those friends (hearted like are the wonders) with a click like you do when you want to message your FS. A little field to check it and Voila! You are messaging your friends!

Lovec Krys

Well, what i meant was that, if players can be forcibly moved even with the unchecked moving option, then the the friend system should be implemented which would allow to treat several chosen players as if they were neighbours.

CrazyWizard

You are not doing the tournament, neither Spire or FA with your neighbours :D just saying
We did in the past and that was a huge fail.

But if you like eachother that much, you should join eachother in a fellowship, then you can expand that friendship into more than a boring, "click I want your trade"

Alcaro

come on @CrazyWizard :D :D you know that's not possible. I have my FS with 24 peeps + yours truly, can't have more fellows. But from my previous FS are some persons I like a lot and I would love to be able to have this Friendship System.

Lovec Krys

@CrazyWizard There can be various reasons why they are not in the same fellowship. For example different levels of activity, long term different FS membership, etc.
They might have various levels of relations and have decided in the past to stay in the same place - therefore unchecked the movement option.

Now someone has decided, that those relations will be broken - especialy affects the non-global trades. There is no guarantee that the new neighbours will have the right bonuses to trade when needed and FS might not be able to help always.
But it actualy doesn't matter, if someone has decided not to be moved, they should stay where they are.
By this force movings Inno will create more problems then they are trying to solve.

There are other solutions:
- like more frequent moves while respecting the checkbox. If someone decides he's no longer happy with his position, he can always check the automatic movement checkbox and be moved soon after without waiting for months in the desert or in the dead zone.
- or move everyone, but implement the suggested friend system
- or increase the trading range for limited goods (or make it global)
- or something else i didn't even think about.

SoggyShorts

I'm glad they removed it.
It sucks to have choices taken away but this is one of those cases where too many players didn't know what's best for themselves.
Player movement wasn't implemented well at first, but the best thing for everyone now is for everyone who is active to be moved together.

Lelanya

Player movement wasn't implemented well at first, but the best thing for everyone now is for everyone who is active to be moved together.
Yes!
This bears repeating: I have a friend, been playing this game from the start, basically, had his Arendyll city moved! And is separated from the cities that spawned alongside him, from discovered neighbors that he traded with for years.
This is NOT ok.
He is asking to be restored, and I think we can all sympathize, I would feel the same about my EN2 city, if you separate me from my map brothers ....

CrazyWizard

come on @CrazyWizard :D :D you know that's not possible. I have my FS with 24 peeps + yours truly, can't have more fellows. But from my previous FS are some persons I like a lot and I would love to be able to have this Friendship System.
But thats something different and completely unrelated to the move system.