• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

why is the last research a squat-upgrade?

DeletedUser205

the very last thing on the researchtree is to get another squad-upgrade.
can somebody tell me, for what he needs a squadupgrade at this level of his game?

fighting encounters brings kp and relics.
you do not need any more kp if you are at the end of the researchtree.
you do not need any more relics, because you need no more goods (the output of goods you have now is more you need, furthermore upgrades are not necessary).

IMHO squadupgrades should all be more early in the researchtree.
Am I wrong with this view onto the gamemechanic?

Perhaps somebody wants to rebuild some parts of his town at the end of game to get more scoringpoints at the last meters of playing it, and therefore he needs more boosts and therefore some more encounters??

I'm really interested to hear opinions of players who are struggling on the very right side of the researchtree now about this point.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser326

Maybe because you get expensions for fighting?

I don't think you Need the squad upgrade because fights should be impossible to fight at the time you reach the end of the Research tree.

DeletedUser205

well, I can fight successful without those last squadupgrade (some encounters),
but I don't need them, because the last 3 Cityexpansions I need, I can get with the last kp out of the researchtree (waiting the hours, but anyway you have to wait for the goods to produce so no reason to rush it with fighting encounters).

DeletedUser326

Mah you can't have enough City expansions in stock :) The map will be expanded in future like it happened in FoE 2 times so far as i know.

But i know what you mean. In FoE the last Research is always an Expansion - not that much better - make a Suggestion what you think fits better.

DeletedUser205

for me the motivation would be higher, if I had the last necessary cityexpansion at the end in my researchtree.

I wanted to discuss this point in in general discussion, before I make suggestions about whatever. At last it is not my job to create ideas for the game, questions about sense should do ;-)

As I didn't play FoE, I didn't know, that they perhaps will bring more possibilitys on the map to expand the city.
Then it could make sense to get another squadupgrade as last research (but to speak only for my person: I wouldn't waste my time to look for weeks, if something like this will happen).
But they shouldn't speculate, that everybody knows their behavior from other INNO-Games
and more think about help for motivation the players to stay after "finished"=end of researchtree and end of upgrades now - because IMHO they do need any active player as possible in case of that neighborhoodthing, which isn't working the more players are inactive

As a "normal player" on lifeserver I had quit the game in earlier stadium, because it was clear, that sense goes down, the further you get on the researchtree.
I only play to end, because I want to test till end (and get the money to do that).
So this thread is somehow a view into the inner soul of a thinking player ^^

Last edited by a moderator: