• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Which Bear should I go for?

DeepTerminal

On my live world, I have 5 Bear Artifact from last year. I'm in Amuni, fight tourneys but do not have Fire Phoenix.

From a long term perspective, is the Brown Bear still the most valuable?

Thanks!

Heymrdiedier

my personal opinion, id go for the polar bear. Making your tournament a bit shorter cooldown is more important then getting some extra troops.
Since you can train in all 3 barrack types at the same time now, it makes a brown bear less good, since you'd need too much pet food to have it active every time you could use it.

FieryArien

I'll probably go for Polar bear. But I'm at the end of the third chapter, not in Amuni, so Timewarp is very very very far away and those 16 hours are unbearable.

DeepTerminal

my personal opinion, id go for the polar bear. Making your tournament a bit shorter cooldown is more important then getting some extra troops.
Since you can train in all 3 barrack types at the same time now, it makes a brown bear less good, since you'd need too much pet food to have it active every time you could use it.

This is one of my considerations as well.

In the old tourney system (currently on live), tourney cooldown doesn't matter because we just do the first 2 stars.

But in the new system, being able to consistently hit the 6th star is ideal for getting 1600 points.

Deleted User - 87976

10% cooldown reduction from the polar bear base is already a big improvement, so in my opinion using artefacts for the brown bear is the best choice.

Skillpowers

This is one of my considerations as well.

In the old tourney system (currently on live), tourney cooldown doesn't matter because we just do the first 2 stars.

But in the new system, being able to consistently hit the 6th star is ideal for getting 1600 points.
u have a wonder later on that reduces 80% of the time at lvl 30 so polar in the end is more useless then the brown bear (on later stages)

Heymrdiedier

u have a wonder later on that reduces 80% of the time at lvl 30 so polar in the end is more useless then the brown bear (on later stages)

while that might be true, by the time you are able to build that building, you will have progressed so far already that tournament is too expensive to do much anyway, making that wonder with 80% time reduction just as useless as the polar bear.
Having a brown bear (or its alternative wonder) is only usefull at the later chapters imo, since you need to be able to train lots of units before it makes much difference, that means a big focus on armories and most developping citys focus on Guest Race Production and not on army building.

Especially in the early chapters, having a shorter cooldown is a tremendous help for the BS you are in. Since tournament is still cheap at that point.

So in my opinion: go for the polar bear and stop progressing, that way at least the game stays fun :)

Aeva

From a long time perspective after Amuni brown bear is the best for several reasons.
1. polar bear will do without evolutions, 10% is just enough to get to the 6th star
2. after Constructs there is the Timewarp which is much better than polar bear, and that is the case after just a few upgrades
3. in earlier chapters however you need polar bear and brown bear both if you are into fighting tournaments and you will use them a lot
4. once both OW of the Constructs, Simia and Timewarp, are leveled up to at least 11 you won't be using polar bear at all but you will use brown bear just once every week which makes it cheap since you only need one petfood for a tournament, the timeboosters you need you win in the Spire
5. I think you will be very pleased to have a brown bear once the tournament new style hits all the live worlds where ever you are in the chapters

edeba

With the polar bear just placing the base gives 10% off the time and each level only adds 1%. The brown bear is not all that useful without levels. The brown bear is an incredibly important game asset so I'd go for the brown bear. With being able to trade 2 for 1 by the time you play the event you should be able to get the bear fully leveled.

If you are interested in a more passive game, I'd level the moon bear and not convert. The 3 kp it gives without a polish is attractive. You can still get the brown bear to level 6 with 5 artifacts you currently have.

This event has to be one of the most expensive for buying extra artifacts, and needing two to convert to the bear really makes that unattractive. If I was intent on converting, I could see doing it to prevent having an odd artifact, or to finish getting one. But the average price for the event currency is one of the highest we've seen because you do not go as far. Previous events you could play your keys to get one 1 point for 18 keys, and on this event I think the lowest price is 26, so that's like a 44% increase. They've upped what get for free so you end up in the same range as always, but they drastically reduced what you get for spending diamonds. I have a bear on level 4 from last year's event that I would like to fully level, so that's 12 artifacts, and then you need 9 for the moon bear. I would like both for my live game, but they've serious priced it beyond consideration.

On my live world, I have 5 Bear Artifact from last year. I'm in Amuni, fight tourneys but do not have Fire Phoenix.

From a long term perspective, is the Brown Bear still the most valuable?

Thanks!

slide

With the polar bear just placing the base gives 10% off the time and each level only adds 1%. The brown bear is not all that useful without levels. The brown bear is an incredibly important game asset so I'd go for the brown bear. With being able to trade 2 for 1 by the time you play the event you should be able to get the bear fully leveled.

If you are interested in a more passive game, I'd level the moon bear and not convert. The 3 kp it gives without a polish is attractive. You can still get the brown bear to level 6 with 5 artifacts you currently have.

This event has to be one of the most expensive for buying extra artifacts, and needing two to convert to the bear really makes that unattractive. If I was intent on converting, I could see doing it to prevent having an odd artifact, or to finish getting one. But the average price for the event currency is one of the highest we've seen because you do not go as far. Previous events you could play your keys to get one 1 point for 18 keys, and on this event I think the lowest price is 26, so that's like a 44% increase. They've upped what get for free so you end up in the same range as always, but they drastically reduced what you get for spending diamonds. I have a bear on level 4 from last year's event that I would like to fully level, so that's 12 artifacts, and then you need 9 for the moon bear. I would like both for my live game, but they've serious priced it beyond consideration.
Bearing in mind how long its taken me to get 3 conversion recipes (other than the one on the first day), you will probably find that you may not be able to get the 12 new artifacts in order to convert them to the required 6 for your last year's bear.

Enevhar Aldarion

Bearing in mind how long its taken me to get 3 conversion recipes (other than the one on the first day), you will probably find that you may not be able to get the 12 new artifacts in order to convert them to the required 6 for your last year's bear.

It is all luck and RNG. In my city that is just now into chapter 6, I have gotten 8 of the new artifacts and already converted them into 4 old artifacts. Also, two crafting cycles after I entered chapter 6, I got the brown bear to show up. So yes, I have been lucky in this event.

SoggyShorts

I disagree. At that level, your L1 polar bear + L30 Timwarp reduces tournament rounds to 1h 36m vs a L10 polar bear which reduces wait time to zero.
If you play on multiple servers (which most Beta players do), and have less than unlimited time for the game, then cutting 1.5h more off of your wait time can be a huge bonus.
Even for me, with a mid-level TW and only enough to get a level 6 bear, that 48m difference means I can do 3 rounds in 1 day instead of 2 with my schedule. This allows me to do the entire tournament in 2 days, and if I'm smart about it I can use one dwarven armorer on 2 tournaments (and 2 spires)

Some numbers: a polar bear is worth about 5 levels of timewarp which is about 4,000 KP
If a brown bear gives you enough extra troops to do 5 more provinces 5x it'll take about 3 years to get 4,000 extra KP
A moon bear will take 3 years too or 1 year plus a buttload of petfood.
Edit: to be fair a level 1 polar gives half of those benefits, so only 18 months for the other bears to catch up.

Last edited: