• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Where are the new active players?

DeletedUser

Well as your city grows it becomes impossible to keep the +200% production .. even 170% becomes difficult..

If you upgrade your buildings instead of building new buildings of the same type, the place your city needs is less - so there is enough space for 'cultural buildings' to reach 200%.

As I said: Maybe if a player buys diamonds, strategy might be another one (because you also have more 'builders'), but as 'free player' with the 2-builder-limit, you 'build, upgrade, upgrade and upgrade' - always accompanied by building more and more 'cultural buildings' (which cannot be upgraded, but once resolved in the research, substituted by a little bit 'better one')

As I just pointed it out: it's a little bit boring, and like dressing/undressing and combing Barby & Ken online ... but that's what we have.

The advantage of being an 'active neighbor' cannot be found - maybe, this is the reason why there are so few 'active neighbors' ...

Best regards,
Extranjero

DeletedUser

As I just pointed it out: it's a little bit boring, and like dressing/undressing and combing Barby & Ken online ...

Why not? If you want to kill other players, this is no problem... play other browsergames. There are lot of these on the free market. Have a look to the game description. Elvenar is a pure building up game without pvp. If you like Barby & Ken you can play Elevenar, if not... so please play an other game to make you happy. ;)

The wishes are different, so it is good to use the game description to choose the right game.

Actually is the multiplayer part not so good and I miss playable features. But the time will come ... .

DeletedUser

Right. More features will come in the next weeks/months, and maybe even some kind of PvP option where people can choose to PvP or not. Several nice ideas have been suggested already. Until then, just enjoy what you have ^^

DeletedUser126

Its not like i dont understand where he is coming from, but we have to wait for now :)

Right now game dont have yet a lot of the core features implemented yet :p

DeletedUser58

It's funny since I can't see the posts but I can guess who it is and what he's saying. lol

I too would love more features in the game, but even if they were ready I can see valid reasons not to add them/activate them in the game yet. For example let's take a chat system --- even if they had one they shouldn't implement it right away because 1) no one would be using the message system or otherwise it would be used too rarely and that means the message system's functionalities won't be tested properly; 2) they would need the moderating team to review reports of violations and they already have enough work as it is (they need to expand the team first).

The issue with new players is even if they're actively playing the game they're added to -new- positions on the map so they're basically far away from any of us since we've had our old positions for a few weeks now. I'd love for a change of players to take place but I can understand how it may cause issues if their neighborhood moving system isn't ironed out or if they need to ensure everything else is working correctly so they don't mess up something with the moving. Better safe than sorry, we should be going 1 sure step ahead and not 3 forward followed by 5 backward. So I'd love new content, but I also get the developers and their choices. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

they would need the moderating team to review reports of violations and they already have enough work as it is (they need to expand the team first).

Nice input, this is a wise idea. So the chat must wait :p, sorry. I love to chat, but I hope for a very good game, so...

DeletedUser

Yes, that's really 'active' and 'logical', shows up the intellectual capacities and demonstrates one's social concept: to set someone on 'ignore', for being able to comment what one supposes that the other said ...

This is the stuff from which prejudices are made of.

Best regards,
Extranjero

DeletedUser

I read now the game rules more exact. The problem of the inactive neighbours will be solved after 30 days of inactivity :). So we must only wait and hope for a better gamefeeling with the new neighbours.

DeletedUser252

I for me a more willing to trade with a neightbor that's kind to me, as with a neightbor who is ony there when he needs me.
I just keep visiting my neightbors thus.

DeletedUser

I read now the game rules more exact. The problem of the inactive neighbours will be solved after 30 days of inactivity :). So we must only wait and hope for a better gamefeeling with the new neighbours.
Inactive players might be removed, but 'inactive neighbors' will remain, so dressing/undressing his Barbie-Doll daily (evwen weekly), one will remain :)
I for me a more willing to trade with a neightbor that's kind to me, as with a neightbor who is ony there when he needs me./QUOTE]
Lucky you. I would have traded with each neighbor who puts 'fair' offers ... but the only thing that works is the wholesaler, so there's still no need to look at neighbors, forget them.

Best regards,
Extranjero

I read the facebook message, and i can hardly believe they send out several thousands of keys as the amount of players increases with about 500 a day.
We have sent out a lot of keys last week, that is true. But, that doesn't mean that everyone who received a key also actually registers and starts playing right away. :)

DeletedUser

hi all

i'm an FoE diehard, (akbhoy67 on Fel Dranghyr) and as i got a key yesterday thought i'd give this a whirl

i'm impressed so far after around 2-3 hrs play time, its seems to be less interactive with other players compared to FoE unless i'm missing something.?

am i correct in assuming you can only interact with players you uncover on the map.?

ThaMartin

You're right, akkers. There aren't many options for interactivity implemented (yet) so you're not missing anything :p In the "Ideas & Suggestions" section you can find a few topics about this as well. It's an early Beta, so probably more (like a chatbox for instance) will come :)

Welcome here, by the way! :D

DeletedUser

You're right, akkers. There aren't many options for interactivity implemented (yet) so you're not missing anything :p In the "Ideas & Suggestions" section you can find a few topics about this as well. It's an early Beta, so probably more (like a chatbox for instance) will come :)

Welcome here, by the way! :D

thank you for the welcome

i guess being so used to guild life in FoE i'm not used to playing solo :eek:

DeletedUser252

welcome here and you have to leave the FoE feeling behind you ( like I did) for now.
Keep coming to this forum for ideas and chat!

DeletedUser650

About the fear of putting money into the game while still in Beta: For the players who bought premium currency for Rising Generals, Inno offers a transfer equal to the amount of spent premium, to another Inno game (except Elvenar) so you wouldn't have to be afraid to "lose" any money.

Furthermore, I agree with Nosferatu: Unbelievable that literally thousands of keys are sent out every day and there are so few active players (and so many still waiting for a key). But I do think that these thousands of keys are actually based on the percentage of keys that's being used actively, f.e. if every key would be used properly, there might only be sent out a few hundred per day.

I really like being involved in the development of this game in this early stage. There's still lots to come and to develop! :D
Like any other game, there will be a percentage of people who will begin and find out that it's not what they thought it was going to be. Some will get so far into the game and then fall by the wayside for whatever reason. The more who begin, the more who will stay, so sending out thousands of keys is a sensible way to ensure that many will begin and if those who decide not to stay give some feedback then the devs have an opportunity to address the reasons that people leave and make the game more attractive. Part of beta testing is finding out what people want and responding to that, so the number of keys sent may equate to the projected expectations of Inno and provide data that will eventually bring people to the game who are more likely to stay and enrich the experience by being active and raising the profile of Elvenar. Good business practice it seems to me, hopefully Inno will put the experience gained from FoE to good use and respond to forum issues with the advantage of prior feedback to good use here..:)