• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Where are the new active players?

DeletedUser

Hello, Hello
On facebook is now a key with 150 slots and thousand other keys are given out. But I see here very seldom new active people.

The forum is the only thing to make "multiplayer", so I miss a ingame tip. Innogames wants testers which give inputs, I think.

So, what could be the problem? Many go into the game, checked same features and leave it.

The premium features are very, very strong in compare with the normal users. Actually it is not possible to get with time the same size. Usually, without premium you are slower, but you have a small change (or use a lot of time) to get the same things. Is it this?

DeletedUser126

If you ever played FoE there are always some things you have to pay for. I just treat it like paying for a full game.

Its about 14000 Diamonds that you need to upgrade all Town Hall expansions and builders. So you could say that playing a full game (like buying one) costs you 59.99 Pound.

After that all Diamond purchases are optional, boosts, knowledge points etc.

I only bought enough points to get core necessities. And i think this info is very valuable for people planing to play the game long term as they will know how much diamonds you need for this. By buying the big bundle you can save quite a bit of money.

DeletedUser

I think, only a few players buy diamonds in a very early closed beta. Al least I will not. I save up my money for the time, my native server starts with the game.
Perhaps Inno has to spend a few diamonds more than 100 at the beginning (forced to spend 100 in the tutorial)?
And concerning the forum: I've played a lot of online games, but only a very small part of the community takes the time to participate in the forums. The ranking lists 5495 players. Nearly a thousand has zero points. But the forum has 295 members - a good rate I think

DeletedUser

Okay,
I hope Elvenar starts somedays with the reals worlds. So I hope only the best for the game. I never attend in a closed beta :), so I have no comparison.

DeletedUser126

This is actually a real server, for now its beta, but it will be official test server later on. No wipes will happen all progress stays. So if you spend diamonds now its as i you played on normal server.

Only difference is you will get patches early on test server before they will be rolled on the rest of them. If it would be any other way they would have to make diamonds refunds if there would be any wipe.

If they would make wipe i wold not bother really playing it, as all progress would be lost :) And i prefer having patches before everyone else so its win win :)

On Beta/test server you will usually have a lot better players to, same with the community.

DeletedUser

@Khebeln: you are right. But: I am active on beta server of FoE as well. But the diamonds on the beta server do not count for the other servers. That's because they donate a lot of diamonds for testing all (new) features of an early update.
Perhaps an official could make this clear (I think you asked that before in another thread, didn't you?) if in the future the Betaserver-diamonds are seperated from the national servers or not?!

DeletedUser126

No idea, but my point is that there is no reason not to spend. And as far as i know they did not say anything about free diamonds.

You spend 59.99 for a new box game, this is not much different. And i wont be reroling on normal server. There is no reason to do so. You get patch earlier here, potential additional perks, more dynamic and interesting community. In my books its win win.

DeletedUser

But you do not know if this game will ever be released. Many games end after beta stadium. 79.99 € are a heavy load for an unfinished game with an uncertain future. If the game continues I will spend money for sure. But not this early. I know, someone has to pay, otherwise the game will never start. That's arguing in a circle.

DeletedUser

But you do not know if this game will ever be released.

I hope this, but this is not so likely :-(. Innogames is very strikt, if games give to less money, they never published. The list of never released games are very long... longer than the active games.
So I hope for Elvenar, because I like those games.

DeletedUser126

This is AAA browser game project. Chances of it not being released at this stage of development are almost non existent.

What you are saying would be true if the game was still in alpha stage, or a kickstarter project. This game is to far along with its shop already available. 99% of all AAA games at this stage are always released, unless there is some catastrophic lack of funds at the studio. Innogames is solid big company with years of experience and multiple sources of income from already existing games.

Elvenar uses tested game mechanics from a flag ship title of Innogames FoE, while incorporating new theme and adding twists here and there. They cant really go wrong here. But they could hurry up with some core features, as they can use many systems already developed for FoE here.

DeletedUser

I don´t have a knowlegde about the development of games. But I know about the many other games. 7Lands, Lagoonia, Rising Generals...

But I think here the chances are not so bad.

DeletedUser252

I played foe from the moment it was on open server and I never bought diamants.
I try to play the best I can without them.
That means I'm not the best but I play within the best 5%.
My intensions for Elvenar are the same.
I like to know how far I get without buying diamants

DeletedUser126

Majority F2P games are not designed to be fair or good w/o buying any special currency sadly (with few exceptions like B2P games, Gw2, TSW etc)

I only play w/o buying extra currency in F2P games that dont req you to spend money to be competitive. Like lol, Hotw, Dota2.

Or just stick to subscription games (my favorite option)

I have enough knowledge about game development to be quite sure about what i said. I participated in almost all AAA beta/alpha for mmo or online games since 1994. I also run a gaming community for 15+ years. www.excessum-gaming.com

DeletedUser

I read the facebook message, and i can hardly believe they send out several thousands of keys as the amount of players increases with about 500 a day. I just hope the inactive ones will be removed asap, so i can hopefully get active neighbours.

ThaMartin

About the fear of putting money into the game while still in Beta: For the players who bought premium currency for Rising Generals, Inno offers a transfer equal to the amount of spent premium, to another Inno game (except Elvenar) so you wouldn't have to be afraid to "lose" any money.

Furthermore, I agree with Nosferatu: Unbelievable that literally thousands of keys are sent out every day and there are so few active players (and so many still waiting for a key). But I do think that these thousands of keys are actually based on the percentage of keys that's being used actively, f.e. if every key would be used properly, there might only be sent out a few hundred per day.

I really like being involved in the development of this game in this early stage. There's still lots to come and to develop! :D

DeletedUser

I just hope the inactive ones will be removed asap, so i can hopefully get active neighbours.

I've been an 'active neighbor' for more than 2 weeks - for the neighbors yes, but for oneself it is not worth to be an 'active neighbor':

The 30 - 40 k coins you get easily with upgraded houses, and as for you (what is recommended) have sufficient culture to 'produce' at 200%, if a neighbor improves something in your city doesn't have any importance, and as there is no warranty that a neighbor improving today something, would do it tomorrow again, better not counting with it.

Things might change someday when neighborhoods become interactive, a neighbor 'needs' something from another neighbor, when ' neighbor actions' really get importance.

Meanwhile, I think, its better to pit the focus exclusively on the own city - it's a pity and a drama, but we have to face it: neighbors actually are worthless.

Maybe players paying really money for diamonds have actually a use for neighbors, as for me: I tried it, but don't see any advantage.

Best regards,

Extranjero

DeletedUser

Well as your city grows it becomes impossible to keep the +200% production .. even 170% becomes difficult. As for 30-40k coins .. that's just a drop in the ocean when doing larger upgrades but it all helps. Ignornig your neighbours would be foolish and rather selfish as they will probably still be buffing you, and I for one thank all my neighbours for buffing my production and giving me that 200% bonus for extended periods.