• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

New Game Features What to do with relics of unboosted goods

DeletedUser481

:)) Yes :)) Templision or Port on the right side of city. That will be... :))

DeletedUser

I agree with you all that we have to come up with an idea to use the relics of unboosted goods. Here is a list of options that have been mentioned so far:
  • Trade for boosted relics. Note: maybe this is too easy.
  • Gain specific bonuses per relic, e.g. steel = improved battle units, marble = faster construction, planks = cheaper buildings.
  • Help neighbours, e.g. with (temporarily) shortening their production time.
  • Get a discount on trading.
  • Trade for the goods they stand for, e.g. 1 relic gives 15 goods.
  • Method to gain the goods they stand for, e.g. by the trade posts suggested in this thread (click).
  • Method to get a mild culture bonus, e.g. by the regional parks suggested in this thread (click).
As you can see, many ideas are mentioned within the 12 posts of this thread and neither of those got a lot of support from other players. Furthermore, at least one other idea (also without support) has been mentioned elsewhere in the Ideas Forum:
In short: we all agree that something should be done, but we don't know what.

I'd like to ask you to use 1 post in this thread to mention all the options for the relics of unboosted goods you'd be ok with. These options could be from the list above, or could be totally new. Please be as short as you can be. If you prefer one solution above all others, please mention that as well. Together, we can create a forwardable idea! ;)

I love these two ideas.
  • Trade for boosted relics.
  • Gain specific bonuses per relic, e.g. steel = improved battle units, marble = faster construction, planks = cheaper buildings.

DeletedUser43

Thanks for all your answers so far! :D

Ohhhh - How about requiring some unboosted relics to upgrade your boosted manufacturing buildings?

Upgrading a Crystal Manufactory already requires some Silk,
so adding a requirement for a few Silk Relics wouldn't be much of a stretch.

I'd rather like to see some sort of shrine or temple where you can exchange your relics for something magical. These items will boost your troops when fighting another province of the same good.

I've added those two ideas to the list.

This thread was not about using relics, but using completed provinces, however, it could probably be combined with the use of relics.

Maybe we could kill two birds with one stone then! :)

DeletedUser43

It was adopted from this post:
hmmm..or maybe to be able to boost friends and or neighbours to be able to trade better like discount or something like that... or like helping out to shorten time in Production...we shall see...

Maybe Elvyanix could elaborate on this more. :)
I took it literally: the idea to donate relics to your neighbour to give him a shorter production time. The details were never explained. I envisioned it like donating the relics to the Main Hall, where the neighbour could use them to get his coins more quickly, or to produce simple tools in the time it takes to produce beverages, or to make wooden figurines in 1,5 hours. The planks, marble and steel relics could shorten the coins production time, the silk, crystal and scrolls relics could shorten the supplies production time and the gems, elixir and magic dust relics could shorten the goods production time. But this is all my imagination - we would have to work on the details of this idea if we'd like to forward it. ;)

DeletedUser283

in the event of having guilds, it would be advisable to create a common "treasury"of relics donated by members :
members donate their un-boosted goods relics to the treasury, and it boosts the production for all members, who have their production boosted by the relics they have won + the ones in the guild treasury :)

DeletedUser

Wow, extraordinary idea!!!
I strongly support it!!! :rolleyes:
Yes!!! Yes!!! I like it very very much!!! ;)

DeletedUser

in the event of having guilds, it would be advisable to create a common "treasury"of relics donated by members :
members donate their un-boosted goods relics to the treasury, and it boosts the production for all members, who have their production boosted by the relics they have won + the ones in the guild treasury :)
Good idea :)

DeletedUser

I've got one.

Like our boost relics increase the goods our manufactories produce, other relics would reduce the goods/supplies/gold we need to trade to the wholesaler for unboosted goods by a percentage. Maybe make it one tenth the amount that it would normally boost a good by.

120 crystal relics = 33% reduction in the supplies, coins, or boosted goods needed to buy it wholesale

However, you also have the option of maybe upgrading guild wide manufactories with that relic, in sort of an equivalent to the wonders in Age of Empires. All members donate a certain good to upgrade these wonder/manufactories, which then provide a daily bonus of its good to every member's town hall.

DeletedUser

AaronarTheElfy, I like very much your suggestion about unboosted relics: your solution could be very useful not only for each single member of a fellowship, but first of all for the same fellowship and it could strengthen their values of solidarity and communion! ;)