• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

New Game Features What to do with relics of unboosted goods

DeletedUser

So on my game I had a quest to get the plank relics so that our town could produce planks more readily, but what good are the other relics? Will they have any use to me at higher level? It seems like even if I don't get as much of a boost with steel and marble, I should still get something for having 16 relics. Have I somehow missed the point of what obtaining relics truly means? I see that I have three windows for boosts below the relics, one for scrolls and one for Magic dust, does this mean that on the world map these are the relics I should be going after more?

Thanks!

DeletedUser126

Only your specialization relics mean anything right now. The use of other relics is not implemented yet.

DeletedUser43

I have changed the name of this thread from "Question" to "What to do with relics of unboosted goods", so the topic becomes more clear for everyone. :)

DeletedUser236

The use of other relics is not implemented yet.

The only thing I've encountered so far is a quest asking for "8 relics".. So it doesn't matter which of the relics you collect, they all count (boosted or not) :)

DeletedUser317

The simplest option will be trade them, but i have the feeling that not work, i do not know why. Other idea can be they give some kind of specific bonus per each one, as steel give more damage to unit, marble give faster construction time, plank cheap building, things like that.

DeletedUser

hmmm..or maybe to be able to boost friends and or neighbours to be able to trade better like discount or something like that... or like helping out to shorten time in Production...we shall see...

DeletedUser

As relics of your boosted goods boost goods production, the other relics should be used to boost methods to gain the related goods, probably there's a way to improve this idea.

Patrix

Idea:
The relics that doesn't give a boost, you can trade them with the trader for goods they stand for.
In the beginning 1 relic gives 15 goods. Later on a relic give more goods when its been researched.
With this idea you can choose more specific with province you want to discover if you need a specific good for example to build a building.

(15 goods in the beginning is a example. What 1 relics gives is to decide by the developers)

DeletedUser283

I think it is necessary to find some use for these useless relics
trading them with other players could be a good idea :
I need plank relics, I have marble relics, I need to find someone with the marble boost and trade with her/him;
anything else would do fine as well;
otherwise what is the purpose of collecting relics that do not bring me anything ?

DeletedUser283

then trading them for whatever else;
at the moment, they are just sitting idle in our town halls

DeletedUser867

I'll have to get around to formally submitting my Regional Parks idea.
  • Unresourced relics can be used for some picnic tables and hiking trails. Nothing elaborate.
  • All of the nearby cities get a mild cultural boost.

DeletedUser43

I agree with you all that we have to come up with an idea to use the relics of unboosted goods. Here is a list of options that have been mentioned so far:
  • Trade for boosted relics, e.g. 5 relics of unboosted goods for 1 relic of boosted goods.
  • Gain specific bonuses per relic, e.g. steel = improved battle units, marble = faster construction, planks = cheaper buildings.
  • Help neighbours, e.g. with (temporarily) shortening their production time.
  • Get a discount on trading.
  • Trade for the goods they stand for, e.g. 1 relic gives 15 goods.
  • Method to gain the goods they stand for, e.g. by the trade posts suggested in this thread (click).
  • Method to get a mild culture bonus, e.g. by the regional parks suggested in this thread (click).
  • Upgrade boosted manufactories, e.g. the crystal manufactory with silk relics (as the crystal manufactory already requires silk for upgrades).
  • Exchange for a 'magical' bonus of some sort, e.g. improved battle units when fighting in a province with the same relics.
As you can see, many ideas are mentioned within the 12 posts of this thread and neither of those got a lot of support from other players. Furthermore, at least one other idea (also without support) has been mentioned elsewhere in the Ideas Forum:
In short: we all agree that something should be done, but we don't know what.

I'd like to ask you to use 1 post in this thread to mention all the options for the relics of unboosted goods you'd be ok with. These options could be from the list above, or could be totally new. Please be as short as you can be. If you prefer one solution above all others, please mention that as well. Together, we can create a forwardable idea! ;)

Edit: New ideas have been added in dark grey at April 22th.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser867

• Regional Parks, with a mild cultural boost for nearby cities.
  • An alternate means of purchasing cultural buildings.

DeletedUser651

I like the idea of trading them. Anything that brings players closer together and interacting I think is a good idea. If it is too easy and that is a problem, you could always need many of them for a boost. Maybe it takes 5 traded relics to equal 1 regular relic for a boost? That way we can still trade them and have use for them, but it won't make things too easy. If 5 is the wrong number, maybe 10, or 2, I don't really know.

DeletedUser

I have to admit, I didn't really like any idea to use relics of unboosted goods so far.

To keep the game meaningful, I think, the use of relics of unboosted goods should be similar to those of boosted goods, this means enhance gaining related goods. Of course the difference of boosted and unboosted goods should remain, so you shouldn't get a production boost. Then I see 2 possibilities to use relics of unboosted goods: Enhance trading of related goods or implementing a new feature of gaining those goods.

• Method to gain the goods they stand for, e.g. by the trade posts suggested in this thread (click).

This thread was not about using relics, but using completed provinces, however, it could probably be combined with the use of relics.

DeletedUser867

Ohhhh - How about requiring some unboosted relics to upgrade your boosted manufacturing buildings?

Upgrading a Crystal Manufactory already requires some Silk,
so adding a requirement for a few Silk Relics wouldn't be much of a stretch.

Crystal.jpg

DeletedUser503

I like the idea of trading them. Anything that brings players closer together and interacting I think is a good idea. If it is too easy and that is a problem, you could always need many of them for a boost. Maybe it takes 5 traded relics to equal 1 regular relic for a boost? That way we can still trade them and have use for them, but it won't make things too easy. If 5 is the wrong number, maybe 10, or 2, I don't really know.

I like this idea. Trade 5 of your un-boosted relics, for 1 relic of one of your boosted goods. We have to fight or negotiate lots of provinces to acquire those un-boosted relics, we should obtain some benefit for our efforts, yes? YES! :D

DeletedUser651

Ooh. I like the idea of something magical! Anything to make fighting easier!!! Fighting is just so hard it isn't any fun.