• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

What I would have loved to see in Elvenar

DeletedUser

Hello Team and Players !

I started Elvenar yesterday and I'm very impressed by the game !

Here are some stuffs I would love to see in the game (mostly "information" stuffs)

- An "How to fight" and "How to use barracks" tutorial. I'm used to play to Forge of Empires, so I know how it works. But for total begginers, it would be great to be taught how to use the combat field... how to train some unities. By the way, I made a "mistake" creating 12 unities and had to watch it more precisely to see that there is a cursor to select from 1 to 12 unities (by default). This is something that, for me, need to be told by the game.

- Something explaining how the ranking works. I know there is an "i" to get more to know about it, but it would be great to know how to be a top player.

- Is there a way to fight as PvP ? Or is this only a trade and help neighborhood ? This point should be also clarified (in a tutorial or elsewhere) as I discovered how to "help" at random.

- Last (but not least) is the Relics system. It's neither very clear to understand how it works. You should tell somewhere why we fight for ? I finally understood that we can accumulate relics recompenses to boost our production... but always finding myself and clicking everywhere.

On the other hand, I would totally understand that you can't teach everything and that your players have to discover themselves many parts of the game. But as fighting and collecting (gathering) are the main goal of the game, this might be clearer for us, players.

Thanks a LOT for this beautiful game !

Ps : and 1.000 apologies for my bad english

DeletedUser

Your English is fine. I agree with what you're saying. The topic on PvP is a bit unclear at this point. There is no PvP at the moment, but the game is still in its early stages. Maybe they will implement a PvP option after the BETA test fase is over.

Happy gaming ^^

DeletedUser

You got me there about the relics. Really confusing :)

I love to see a sort of guild or tribe in here :) (in the near future)

DeletedUser

Is there really no PvP in this game right now? Wow. That is basically a deal breaker for me. Can a Dev confirm whether PvP will be in this game in the very near future? Thanks.

DeletedUser18

We can't confirm that at this time. This is just the 1st phase of closed beta testing. There will be many things to come in the future but it is too early for anything to be confirmed at this time.

DeletedUser

I agree that when I first built troops I built the maximum and only later found out there was a sliding bar underneath to tell me I could make anywhere between 1-(max) units. I would also love "Journal" feature where I could see all my troops that I currently can make and how their stats compare to each other. The journal could also feature more tutorial stuff, instead of forcing the player go through it.

DeletedUser118

A thing I would love to see in Elvenar would be the possibility to set your troops freely on the battle map once it opened up. With them being positioned by the system it often happens that they are blocking eachother which leads to unnecessary (what a word) losses.

DeletedUser

I was wondering if the terrain was set for each battle to make it more difficult or if it was a random generated thing. I don't think giving the ability to move your troops around should be a default option, but maybe something you have to research and build. I like having the obstacles in the way, but it would be REALLY cool if they were destructible, so if my fighters took a turn wacking at the shrubs, the other troops could get through it.

DeletedUser

I was wondering if the terrain was set for each battle to make it more difficult or if it was a random generated thing
Terrain is fixed for encounters. At least I have entered + inmmediately surrender + reenter a lot of times, and it's always been the case. If you combine that with the fact that your troops always appear on the same place (first army slot goes in the middle on the battlefield, second army slot goes second for the top...), it's pretty easy to 'abuse' map encounters.

DeletedUser

So there is no penalty to surrendering then? I haven't tried it.

DeletedUser

If I'm not mistaken, you can surrender as many times as you want. When you do this, you lose the battle and all your units go back to your army in the exact state they were when you click the Surrender button. In Forge of Empires it is customary o surrender anytime you don't like what you see, enemy or terrain-wise; but I cannot help feeling that i'ts highly antithematic and even plain 'broken' feature.

DeletedUser

It seems like you should lose resources, like you have to give coin to the bandits to allow you to run, something like that.