• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

What i hope the dev are working on right now.

Heymrdiedier

I really hope the devs are doing their very best at implenting these changes:
* rising the price of diamonds
* make combat harder
* make troopsize bigger
* more timeconsuming tournaments
* less expansions on research and hardly possible getting them on worldmap
* next guesrace we would love a huge 25x25 portal
* make all buildings a lot bigger in next guestrace

And let me explain why i hope they are working on these things:
All recent changed seem to have the opposite result of what the intentions were, some recent examples:
* combat update to make fighting easier and more accessible -> now harder up till impossible, buying off is the new thing to do
* tournament should now be less timeconsuming instead almost everything has to be done manual so alot more timeconsuming
* wholesaleman change to encourage more trades -> less trades are up now, only unfair crosstier trades stay.

Sir Squirrel

Lol, very nice, reverse psychology, lets hope it works because I have to agree that giving suggestions and input doesn't seem to be working the way it should. It seems they think we want an extremely challenging game, when most want just a moderately challenging game. In my chapter three city here on beta I have not been able to fight any (except a very few encounters here and there) provinces through the whole chapter. The enemy squad size (even though I am in the GZ) is more then double mine or the type and selection of enemy troops are stronger then mine. I have had to cater since near the end of chapter two. I thought they were looking in to this, but now they don't dare to work on fixing any battle related stuff because of the outcry from players that this is all we have seen for 6 months. But the battles in the early chapters are still not balanced and it's no wonder why no new players want to battle because they are thinking if the battles at the beginning of the game are that hard they will only get harder. I am in wood elves on the live servers and started a city here to help find bugs (because too many were getting to live, IMO) and to see why my new recruits were having such a hard time with the battles in the early chapters, now I know why, because as an above average fighter I can't even beat the battles. It's a joke really, I don't think they even tested the battles out in the early chapters, because if they did there is no way they would think they are balanced.

Last edited:

DeletedUser1596

@ expansions: Right now I have enough space to build 2 independent cities (without guestraces' buildings). Another expansions just enable me to put more and more redundant stuff into the game. This game brings very few real challenges, you could say it's easy in almost every way. If you struggle to keep your city running with given space, you should probably revise your building strategy rather then mocking the devs.

@ bigger buildings: They are in fact a great advantade for players. With bigger building the efficiency of your spells and motivations rises. You need less roads and you don't need to set up as many production buildings every day (or 9 hour.. or worse).

@ portals: Every guest race needs space. It's a kind of tradition here. Everyone knows, that we will need that space next time. If you decide to build on that space your regular buildings between eras, you shouldn't be surprised if you will need to sell some buildings in the future. Again I don't see any mistake from the dev's side.

Heymrdiedier

Ok sorry i guess i made this post out of frustration yesterday.
I was hoping the new tournament setup would make me spend less time on them. Instead the opposite applies in my case. I have to do everything manual now, or you loose so much units, it feels like you are being robbed (not 1 time but 4 times over).

And i don't understand why all these changes end up finishing the opposite as they were announced (or opposite as how we perceived the announcement).
If they would have said: we need to change the tournament because too many players are doing too much provinces and thus getting too much rewards, i would have accepted that. Now its like: we want to help you by making it less time-consuming, and in the same time we do some other things, like lowering rewards, increase your troopsize, etc...

At least this time catercosts lowered for me, so now i can consider stopping combat and catering it all, that would make it indeed very less timeconsuming

Dony

King of Bugs
I was hoping the new tournament setup would make me spend less time on them. Instead the opposite applies in my case. I have to do everything manual now, or you loose so much units
I have to agree with this, not like i have a problem winning but we losing so much troops and training so few meanwhile that its not efficient anymore to fight (on autocombat) and doing every even easy fight manual got boring for me in the middle of the tournament for the first time since tournament were introduced 1 year ago. And this is just a start, next chapters will be worse and worse. It just doesnt feel right (and thus rewarding) that you lose so much in a so little time

CrazyWizard

It's not even loosing the troops, it's that the AI is now so rubbish that manual is the only way to go, (or negotiate)
I dont mind loosing more troops, but I do mind not being able to win even simple fights on autocombat anymore due to the AI.

I noticed the treant is much more vunearable to this than the paladin.

In the past I could autocombat the marble toernament most of it as long as I had treants, now I cant seems to autocombat anything with 2 or more mages. or past province 10, as of round 4 they autocombat stops working even in the first few provinces.

and still they refuse to back down that borked up AI.

Just to note, I run one of the stronges possible troops this game can deliver, imagine if you need to use "lesser" troops.

Also my chapter 4 account is actually competing with the big uns now. since it has to fight 5 random 1 enemy troops with 5 paladins. yay, love the balance. :S

Sir Squirrel

@ expansions: Right now I have enough space to build 2 independent cities (without guestraces' buildings). Another expansions just enable me to put more and more redundant stuff into the game. This game brings very few real challenges, you could say it's easy in almost every way. If you struggle to keep your city running with given space, you should probably revise your building strategy rather then mocking the devs.
I can agree if your goal is to have the most efficient city you can build, ex. always upgrade culture, have only the least amount of stuff possible to run your city, then this is true. But some players like the look of some of the older culture or keep some of the culture they got from buying them with diamonds and some want their city to look nice, not rows of buildings tightly packed together to conserve space. Those types of players are the ones that have a problem with space and I don't think they should have to change the way they play or have a city that they don't like the look of, just to fit huge guest races into their cities. I, like you, have a lot of extra space because I build for efficiency, but not all players do or should be required too, seeing it's a game and we all should be able to play the way we wish, not the way the Dev's think we should.
I think that the way they did the guest races before gave us more control over the size of the guest race in "our" cities, if you wanted to use less space it took longer, but was still possible, now with S&D chapter guest race you no longer get that choice. I think that they should have had it so that 1 facility could produce all the different mages one kind at a time so players that aren't worried about how long it takes and wanted to use less space could.

Last edited:

DeletedUser1767

I can agree if your goal is to have the most efficient city you can build, ex. always upgrade culture, have only the least amount of stuff possible to run your city, then this is true. But some players like the look of some of the older culture or keep some of the culture they got from buying them with diamonds and some want their city to look nice, not rows of buildings tightly packed together to conserve space. Those types of players are the ones that have a problem with space and I don't think they should have to change the way they play or have a city that they don't like the look of, just to fit huge guest races into their cities. I, like you, have a lot of extra space because I build for efficiency, but not all players do or should be required too, seeing it's a game and we all should be able to play the way we wish, not the way the Dev's think we should.
I think that the way they did the guest races before gave us more control over the size of the guest race in "our" cities, if you wanted to use less space it took longer, but was still possible, now with S&D chapter guest race you no longer get that choice. I think that they should have had it so that 1 facility could produce all the different mages one kind at a time so players that aren't worried about how long it takes and wanted to use less space could.
I am so torn here, because on the one hand, as a player who has a really hard time letting go of beautiful older culture buildings (my Ponds of Recreation will all have to go this chapter and so far I've only managed to get rid of the one), I basically agree with you completely... but then on the other hand, I'm really liking both the puzzle-like challenge of S&D and the look of the campus. If there'd just been a few more expansions available in these last two chapters to allow for some more flexibility (or if they had some sort of historic park feature where you could plunk older culture and event buildings so that you could still see them but they didn't affect your city anymore), I'd be content with things more or less as they are.

DeletedUser1596

I think that the way they did the guest races before gave us more control over the size of the guest race in "our" cities, if you wanted to use less space it took longer, but was still possible, now with S&D chapter guest race you no longer get that choice.

This is true and it's possibly what hurts people the most about this race. But is it really wrong? Some race may require more time with longer prod. times, some may require more attention with annoyingly short prod. times, some may need more basic goods and this one, as you said, wants more space. I don't see this as a problem, but as a challenge the S&D came with. So what? I sold a crystal manufactory, a few smaller armories, 3 residences and a lot of culture. It took me about one minute, the city works fine, 20x20 free space is ready. Yes, it hurt a bit, but since there are dragons sitting on the roofs of my buildings, I'm ok with that :)

SoggyShorts

You should see kayleegrrl's cities- she has one where she never has more than 4 buildings that are the same level( other then guest race stuff), or 4 of the same culture, and still manages to complete chapters at a reasonable pace all while in the GZ. It's actually pretty surprising how much space there is if you don't min/max everything. I'm not sure if this will hold up in S&D, but I don't think it will be all that bad.
Personally I challenge myself by trying to never get tech locked while staying in the GZ. It's kind of a mini-game for me, but if you don;t mind dumping KP into AW for a day or 2 each week you can get away with being much less efficient.
If all playing strategies gave the same efficiency, then there'd be no point in having a plan.

Sir Squirrel

I get that its part of the challenge of the chapter, but with it being so big and not many expansions given, I just think it forces players to all follow the same path and not be able to have much choice in how they setup their cities. I think they could have made it a little less, "what am I going to have to delete to fit this in" and making everyone pretty much have to build an efficient, compact city. I think they should have gave a little more flexibility to players in that respect. But for buildings with dragons on them, I guess I will do whatever it takes as well. I just hope that every chapter after this doesn't keep us so tight with our cities that there is no variety in the setup of our cities, because that is an important part of the game as well. IMO.

Last edited:

SoggyShorts

2pzbaqe.jpg
It looks like you can fit 3 of each plus campus into just over 13 expansions. I'm using 20 for orcs. I have no idea what woodelves takes, especially since I'll need to convert to mana, but I think with all the expansions from now till then I'll be ok.

CrazyWizard

woodelves doesnt need much space, actually very little 6 expansions or so I used, the best free culture is also the best free mana.so I dont count the mana as a space consuming requirment since you need the culture anyway.

this was the setup I used and it actually Ihad to many factories, but I liked it since it gave me some more room to play around with what goods I needed at a specific time.
upload_2017-3-19_10-36-0.png

DeletedUser

How about the confirmed bug list, some are or nearly a year old?

DeletedUser1163

What Happened to the Fun?

Ever since the new Battle System became active, many fellows have become inactive. I have been exploring Elvenar when it began on the Beta World, before there were any other worlds. Being an Arch Mage leading fellowships, I am noticing a pattern developing. As soon as we accept a new elf or human into our fellowship, they start complaining about being stuck on the research tree because they’re not able to produce enough goods, and they cannot defeat the military units on the Province Map. If it's frustrating for me to win battles on the Province map, I can just imagine how difficult it is for the new recruits. They end up losing interest because they’re not having FUN.

Not only the Events need improvement but the game developers need to please make the battles a wee bit easier for the new players, like it was when I first joined. But, of course, don’t make it too easy. I was rushing through the chapters faster than a hummingbird flaps its wings. I know. That’s extremely fast. Well I may have exaggerated a little but I paid the price.

After the new Battle System, I came to an abrupt stop and could not defeat the province units, only negotiate with them. Their terms are worse than the crooked Wholesaler. I end up depleting my goods supply for completing one province. You need eight provinces to receive a land expansion. Patience is a virtue, especially playing Elvenar.