• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

What are Sentient Goods?

DeletedUser

Are you saying people are quitting because the next chapter has not been released yet?

As far as I heard recently players are quitting because:
- The FA was the last straw that broke the camel's back (they want to build, not endlessly clicking on baby workshops)
- The recent change in the AW (lots of angry people about that on the Dutch forum)
- Waiting period for a new chapter exceeds the time spend on completing a chapter, leading to more waiting, less playing
- No more neighbours (Desert of the Dead situation), meaning no descent trade and poor NH outside the FS
- Still no answer from InnoGames about push accounts and tournament accounts, despite an abundance of complains and questions about it

No, that it will be more difficult to proceed without other players prepared to start that chapter.

That's what I meant ;), providing that's the reason why it is talking so long for the new chapter to start.
With more players quitting, it will be harder to have players that can start the new chapter.

Heymrdiedier

- The FA was the last straw that broke the camel's back (they want to build, not endlessly clicking on baby workshops)
i dont get this, FA is in my opinion perfect for those people who kept complaing all changes were about combat. So they added something to do together with others that doesnt involve fighting. And now your saying those people are quitting cause of it.

- The recent change in the AW (lots of angry people about that on the Dutch forum)

im also on the dutch forum, and i think you misunderstood the angryness.
people are angry because the CM there keeps insisting the AW change will benefit neighbourly help, and doesnt explain why.
the AW change itself, like 50% agrees it was needed, tho maybe not as big a nerf as needed.

SoggyShorts

i dont get this, FA is in my opinion perfect for those people who kept complaing all changes were about combat. So they added something to do together with others that doesnt involve fighting. And now your saying those people are quitting cause of it.
While the FA was great in theory, it was so rushed and poorly executed that it made many players feel that inno is getting more and more out of touch.
None of the suggestions from Beta made it into the live release, even the ones that the forums mods agreed with and said that they would forward on.
I know that some things take more coding effort than the average player realizes, but it has become a consistent issue with updates going from Beta to Live with nothing more than bug fixes.
people are angry because the CM there keeps insisting the AW change will benefit neighbourly help, and doesnt explain why.
the AW change itself, like 50% agrees it was needed, tho maybe not as big a nerf as needed.
This is also a huge issue on US forums, except there is no CM, mod or dev posting anything. 4 threads on the CL/BS subject, with 4-10 pages of posts from players on each, and zero posts from inno.

DeletedUser

@Heymrdiedier I know a lot of angry posts on the Dutch forum was about the rather insulting post of the CM (mine was too), but people were also angry about the change of the AW, especially since they invested a lot of kps and some even diamonds to get that thing upgraded. I certainly don't think that about 50% thought it was needed. But maybe it's not wise to discuss what's happining on Dutch forum here, especially not our troubles with the CM.

@lika1961 asked if people quit because of the delay of the new chapter, and my experience (and what if heard from other players) is that it's usually is a combination of reasons, hence my little list.

Concerning the FA, yes players liked the idea of a fellowship activity that was not related to combat, but no they most certainly did not asked to have to endlessly click on baby workshops for it. In my honest opinion, the FA is a terrible new feature in Elvenar, and I know I'm not alone in this.

lika1961

I can't decide whether it is arrogance or ignorance, but there are certainly quite a few irritations around. I haven't read the feedback on the Dutch forum about the AW changes, but I did see what happened after the cancelled FA when the announcement came about a week after it was cancelled and was done in a very casual "well, you know, stuff happens" way. I still get really angry about the whole situation and the fact that an event actually starts and bombs so badly that it has to be cancelled. And for Inno to then say that they would rather cancel it than let their valued players have problems, is one of the stupidest things I have seen in the game in a long time. It bombed because attention to detail is a constant problem now and no number of platitudes can explain that away.

I fear that we may be closing in on the situation we have spoken about often, namely that if you irritate people enough, they eventually leave. There is a lethargy that is slowly seeping through the game and unfortunately most people don't bother to visit the forum (much less comment) which leads Inno to believe that it is really only the few of us who do visit that don't like certain things. I think this will turn out to be the biggest mistake.

I don't know much about developing games, but I do know about marketing and customer service. I particularly dislike the way that players who have been around for a long time often suffer the most from the changes. People who are loyal to the game should be cultivated. Changes are inevitable, but then be honest and admit when you made a mistake. People still won't like it, but at least they will appreciate a proper explanation and feel like someone actually cares enough to give one.

The saddest thing is that giving feedback and ideas is becoming a waste of time. And I think this is the second biggest mistake - if people actually bother to tell you things they like and don't like, you should pay attention and not just carry on as if nothing was said. But hey, apparently in the world of game development you can do whatever you want and people will stick around. Right?

DeletedUser1596

It's planned for several weeks after the Autumn Event ends

While I'm not in a hurry into next era, I wonder how long it will take to fully upgrade all units to 3 stars (or 2nd upgrade). When there were new units introduced we were already facing fully upgraded enemies everywhere. It's been a year (give or take) and we still don't have a single functional mercenary. And the fun part is, that there are 9 units still to be upgraded, some of them even twice. And that means another year. Or more.

I can't even imagine how this idea came to be. Was it like:
"Gentlemen, let's make 9 new units, put them into game and make them retarded for about 2 or 3 years. They will come into play with two buildings that will take up space, culture and people for all these years. Oh, and they will upgrade each in a different chapter, so they never gonna fit into your city."
"Excellent, let's do this."

Deleted User - 86059

Please can we keep this on topic. Also we do not discuss other forums and language servers here. This is the Beta forum for Beta matters. If you have issues relating to other servers please use the relevant forum. Thanks for your cooperation ;)