• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Answered What about inactive players who bought diamonds or start again?

DeletedUser538

Players who have been inactive for 30+ days will be deleted from the world map from now on. We are making this change to make sure that the map is filled with active players, and it should improve available trades in the Trader as well as Neighborly Help.

My questions are:
1 - What happens if a player has bought diamonds and did not use all of those when he/she has been inactive for over 30 days?
2 - If an inactive player starts to play again:
- Does he/she need to start building from the beginning or will they get their town back the way it was before they became inactive?
- What about the towns/territory they discovered?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

1.Read game rule number 13 and you will find your answer there.
2. They will have to start over again.

DeletedUser867

Game accounts may be deleted from Game Worlds after 30 days of inactivity. Please note that any Diamonds left on the account will remain on the master account and will not be deleted.
Not hardly. "Deleted from the Game World" is a whole lot different than starting over.

Judging by other InnoGames products, your city will be taken off of the map after 30 inactive days, but it will be archived and recoverable:
  1. IF you have any diamond in your master account
  2. OR IF you've spent a couple of months developing your city. In FoE the threshold is Late Middle Ages.

DeletedUser538

1.Read game rule number 13 and you will find your answer there.
2. They will have to start over again.

1. Indeed, I did find the answer there, thank you.
2. I find this hard to believe, especially if a player has bought and used diamonds for expanding a town and/or world map, e.g. for buying culture buildings or for exploring provinces. So I will just await an answer from a knowledgeable member of the Elvenar Beta-team with an overview of the criteria used in such cases as I mentioned.

DeletedUser205

I agree, it is time to make that very clear from a stuffmember.

It must NOT be subject of speculation of some members to tell the others what they think how the rules are about that
and it must NOT be part of mysterious rumors or silence of gameproviders and/or their mods

DeletedUser538

It seems my second question is a difficult one to answer...

DeletedUser

...Yes NormaJeane, it seems just so difficult to receive an answer :D

DeletedUser967

An inactive players should be(is so?) deleted only from map not from database and when some player starts again should be placed with the same data in other place. But I don't know what could be with the provinces that you had before.

DeletedUser

I've no the answer so I write nothing about, 'cause I don't want to give false informations :confused:

DeletedUser205

IMHO they don't have an answer about that,
or the answer is better hidden, because no good PR

Marindor

Please hold on a little while guys, we're checking this for you! Just want to be certain we give you the right information here, so we're awaiting the response on our double-check! ;)

Edit: And there is part of it! When your account becomes inactive, you'll indeed have to start completely from scratch again. Players who purchased diamonds, will not be turned to "inactive". We're checking with the Game Designers if there are more criteria than that to prevent your account from becoming inactive after 30 days. As soon as we have an answer to that, we'll let you know here!

Last edited:

DeletedUser594

Yes Marindor, I've got 3 inactive Accounts in FOE for more than a year and they are still there
because I have Diamonds there!

DeletedUser205

ok, thanks for information so far @Marindor

I understand that it is not advisable to make premiumplayer-accounts inactive with consequences you described.

But that means, that those cities of inactive premiumplayers count furthermore into this "200-only"-trader restriction, don't they?

To me - if you count on a greater number of players who at least pay once - this is a sign, your gamedesigners didn't think the neighborhoodmechanics to end.
Sorry to tell you, that IMHO this is a great reason to decline playing Elvenar - the trader is criticized by most of active players

not to talk about the obstacles in the culturehelping.
that is thought by devs as a central thing, but culture isn't that neccessary as trader
as my experience is. culture is more sort of rumor and trying to run culture over 100% more a "luxusproblem". But shure it is another point to think, that the whole neighborhood-mechanics is to be seriously overthought soon by designers,
because all of that doesn't feel attractive to play.

Marindor

The cities of the inactive premium players don't disappear from the map, therefore it's indeed logical they would count towards the 200 neighbours trade range, but we're checking that for you now. Not sure whether or not we'll have this answer before the weekend, but as soon as it's there, we'll let you know!

Things like Trader's issues and Neighborly Help are still being monitored closely and therefore your input is very valuable as well. Of course on Beta we now have to keep up with 4 months of inactive players that have been removed (since the removal just started after a few months), but when these spaces are filled again, things might turn out differently as well. On the live servers, it will go more smoothly so they might be in a different situation from the start but those are things that will have to be monitored and take some time to find out. All suggestions/feedback about these things is valuable here, so thank you for that and please keep sharing your experience.

Also, the game is of course nowhere near finished yet. I hope the opening of the Live Servers doesn't give everyone the impression that we or the Game Designers think the game is fine as it is now, for that's not at all the case. We're still in development, still gathering feedback and behind-the-scenes, there's currently being worked hard on implementing a lot of new features in the months to come. The Community feedback plays a great part in this. These features will also have an impact on the issues mentioned in this topic. You could imagine that things like trading or helping other players, would for example be very different when a Guild System or Friend System is in place. A lot of the feedback has been put forward to our development team and there's a lot of progress being made on this as well so hopefully we'll be able to implement some cool new stuff in the near future. Most of the features are still to come, and opening up the Live Servers doesn't mean that we're at the end of developing the game :)

DeletedUser

Hmm, so far I didn't understand you expressing hopes, many players would return to the game and help filling holes on the map, but now you said, that their progress is totally lost, do you really expect a single player return to the game under this circumstances??

Marindor

No idea about that @methusu , I don't know if it would make a difference for people who didn't log in to the game for more than 30 days, whether or not their city remains in tact. I know that at Forge of Empires we work like this as well and I think that if it would have that big an impact, this system wouldn't be used but of course not everything works the same way for every game, we'd need to find out. Also, we are still waiting for an answer on whether or not there are other criteria than the purchase of diamonds, to prevent your account from falling into (inactive) after 30 days (as is the case in FOE, from a certain era/progress in the tech tree for example). At least people who are involved enough in the game to purchase diamonds, will not lose their cities and there might be more criteria but we'll let you know as soon as we've got that cleared up!