• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Events Weekly Wonder Event

DeletedUser

Event – Weekly wonder event

I’ve talked a lot about leveling wonders but can’t find any suggestions I’ve made (maybe they are all in conversations or part of another suggestion that got archived), so I’ll make some more suggestions until something sticks!

How about a weekly wonder event with ranking and awesome rewards?

There could be 4 ways to gain currency in this event
1. Adding KPS to wonders
2. Runes – Wonders that are stuck because of lack of runes (or broken shards too)
3. Building Material – wonders ready to build but lack materials
4. Relics – wonders that are ready to upgrade but needing relics

There could be 4 types of currency
1. For adding kps – you would earn a 10 kp coin for each 10 kps spent to use in buying a new building on the Wonder wheel of Buildings
2. For giving runes – you would earn 10 rune coins to use in buying aw instants on the Wonder Wheel of Instants
3. For Building Material – you would earn 1 building coin for every 100 units of goods given to use on the Wonder Wheel of Relics
4. For Relics – you would earn 10 relic coins for each relic given to use on the Wonder Wheel of Portal Profits

The wonder wheel of prizes are not chance prizes – you use currency to buy what you want. The more currency - the more prizes you can buy or better prizes

List of Wonders
The day the event starts - an icon shows up that directs the player to a list with every wonder available in that world
From the list – you can add kps, runes, relics or material – no need to visit each city – Minimum participation to add kps is 10 kps per wonder.

Rankings
A new ranking list with titles and instead of scores it would be a color ranking
KP Winner – New title “The Altruistic” and a super amazing new grand prize building
100 Platinum spots with more rewards – minimum kps to reach this reward 1000
250 Gold Spots with rewards – Minimum kps to reach this reward 500
500 Silver spots Minimum kps to reach this reward 250
1000 Bronze Spots – Minimum kps to reach this reward 100
Bonus gifts – If a wonder is completely leveled during the event the chests available could be multiplied to give even more rewards.

Rune Winner – New Title “The Runinator” and a grand prize gift + ranking Gifts
Relic Winner – New Title “The Archeologist” and a grand prize gift + Ranking gifts
Building Material Winner – New Title – “Master Carpenter” and a grand prize gift + Ranking Gifts

Suggestions for Rewards
Maybe one of the wheel slots can be a random surprise gift.

Motivation
There isn't much to do in the game
The spire is evil
Tournaments are an expensive way to get aw instants, runes and relics

Other:
The event lasts for 5 days Starts Friday Ends Tuesday
Currency Rollover - If currency is not spent on wonder wheels, it can be rolled over each event.
Wonder Wheel could look like the current way we add runes to a wonder, but instead of runes each rune slot becomes a button that shows different rewards

wwofbuildings.JPG

Possible Downsides
Too complicated?
mobile players Might not be able to participate - but maybe with a list it would allow participation since the list could be populated randomly without names.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2236

1. 1000 kp in 5 days ??????????? How?
say you get 100 kp on second round of tournie and then 150 on 5th round and 12 on the 3rd and 4th thats 274
plus daily kp 24 x 5 = 120 120+274 = 394
fill 10 chests = 135 135+394 = 529
say get 20 a day through other means (carting library, set buildings, tome, wells) thats an extra 100 = 629
Very unlikely that any one is going to be able to do 1000 in 5 days, unless they have a large amount of kp instants sitting in the inventory

DeletedUser

Those numbers would be set by Inno. Nothing I use in a suggestion is set in stone, and specifically what I would be asking for. For me personally, using these numbers I would be lucky to even get bronze. The most I’ve had in aw instants: around 200. If this were in place, maybe instead of only trying to get buildings or spending event currency on 10 of one building in the long events, maybe spinning for the non-building rewards would be highly valued.

Also, there are 3 additional prize currencies – Rune coins can be used to buy aw instants on the Wonder Wheel of Aw instants. Save those up for a few months and then take a run at a top spot for the KP Platinum Rank.

I’m sure there are those who will buy kps with diamonds but this being a proposed weekly event, that would get expensive fast. If it’s popular and people spend mass money, I’d like 10% of the profit please. But I would hope this isn’t always pay to win. And people who diligently save instants could get those top spots too.

The lure for me would be having the possibility of getting currency each week, that I can save up. As well as having 4 ways of earning different currencies for different prizes.

I also like that it’s a world event, and there could be some serious wonder leveling during the event. Instead of 5 people on a wonder, there could be 40! But, as always, suggestions can be improved upon from the help of others

DeletedUser

@Brummbaer that’s something I thought about when putting this together. Having a random list with no names means people with a push account can’t add to just their mains wonders. Does the push account itself normally have a wonder? Idk

With a community-based event of building wonders, maybe players who have push accounts might find they didn’t really need one and delete it. What’s better, 1 push account or a whole world helping each other?

DeletedUser2236

I dont think people will think like that, they will just see it as extra if they are on the list.
But you will not always be on the list, which will get some people unhappy if they are putting so much in but are not getting anything back.

DeletedUser

I dont think people will think like that, they will just see it as extra if they are on the list.
I don't understand what you're trying to say here.

As far as getting nothing back - they are getting currency to use towards buying their rewards and a possible rank gift, and a possible treasure chest, which I asked to increase the rewards if the wonder is leveled during the event. They could double the gifts in the chests. I honestly think I've asked for a ton of gifts in this event lol

It's also a proposed weekly event, everyone will be on it at some point, maybe the list is 4000 wonders that switches every 1/2 hour? I have no idea how many people play this game or how many wonders there are, but Inno does. There are also wonders that won't be on the list because they are fully leveled or at a level they don't want upgraded anymore. I have a golden abyss on beta, I have all of the materials to level it, but I don't want to level it right now. It wouldn't show on the list. That gives way to someone else who has a golden abyss that needs kps, relics, materials or runes.

DeletedUser2236

I was saying that people who have push accounts are unlikely to delete them due to your idea, they will just take anything they get out of it as extra and continue pushing.

DeletedUser

@pompeywolf thanks for explaining that. Inno created a reason for people to have push accounts as well as promoting people to tag wonders by allowing an open wonder. Leveling wonders is tedious. In Foe, it's the same. There is absolutely no incentive in this game for strangers to help each other. In the time I've played this game, Inno has done nothing to make this better. On one of my little cities, I've given over 600 kps to people and in return I have had 10 kps added to my wonders. There is no incentive for me to continue to help people, yet I am still trying to make this a community event - first with groups (rejected) and now with this. (Most likely rejected)

In another thread about push accounts, I mentioned having diamond wonder helpers. If that were in place, people with push accounts would definitely still have them because why pay for something when it's free. I also think why should I pay for wonder helpers because people are tagging my wonders. That's not really fair.

My other idea is to have connected cities. That all of our cities (under 1 account) can help each other with wonders. On live that would be 8 cities adding kps to our own wonders. This is my personal preference. It would also allow us to trade within our cities. Then I'd be happy again to log in to those 2 cities where I completely used up all of my saved goods rebuilding stuff! If they do this with our cities, I'll be more than happy this gets rejected :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Karvest

this is not "community based" event. there is no community in anonymous rows in the table. Just stop playing single player style and get into some community and you will be ok with your wonders and won't need anything to force others to invest into your AWs.

Karvest

You care not about who you help, but who helps you. And generate a ton of ideas how to force them to do it.
I don't care about players which I don't know. We have a small wonder society that give all it's members all their bonus KP from chests back, and it's enough for me.

DeletedUser

@Karvest no one is forcing anyone to do anything. Don't look at the list of wonders.
I don't care about players which I don't know
and you say I play a single player game. I play this game more like an mmo than most people do. And because you can't see a name, you don't want to participate in this.

@Richord I figured you'd be on here at some point :D But we will agree to disagree because I think this would help cheaters become non cheaters. So would my other idea of connecting our own cities.

Karvest

The key part of MMO is communication. Your suggestions have nothing to help with communication, but the opposite.

DeletedUser

Oh @Karvest this is a world event, not a fellowship adventure. I'd sure like to see a world event where millions of people are trying to communicate with each other.

Karvest

In world events in MMO people are communicating with their friends/fellows/neighbors/etc to get max profit from the event. Your suggestions are not promoting any communication at all.

DeletedUser

@Karvest you're going to have to give me an example of what you're trying to say. What in this suggestion do you think needs to be communicated that you can't do in your fellowship?

Karvest

You don't need any communication to participate in this suggestion. That's why I wonder why you are pretending that it have something with community or MMO. It is just a "buy some coins with a ton of your KP to buy something from merchant". + some random users get profit if their wonder comes up at the top of the list, while others complaining about unfairness of that random since they get nothing.

DeletedUser

Then what your saying is all the other events, the long ones, the short ones - the challenges, the in between ones shouldn't be in this game because they don't promote communication? I'm sorry @Karvest I'm trying to understand what you're saying and all I'm hearing is we can't coordinate on one of my fs members wonder so I don't want to do it.