• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

New Game Features Way to consume excess Spell Fragments

• Thread starter Deleted User - 79535
  • Start date

Deleted User - 79535

At this point if you play the Spire regularly you will get far more spell fragments than you will be able to use. Before the spire I at times disenchanted items to be able to acquire spells that were available but I did not have enough spell fragments. Now I have near or above 100 K spell fragments. I think some way to spend this excess should be provided. Some possible ideas on how to consume them are the following:
Be able to spend them to prematurely trigger new recipes. With the large number of points available maybe 5 or 10 K spell fragments would make sense.
Have a new tab for special crafting options that use only spell fragments but have much higher costs. These recipes would only be available from this menu. Perhaps something like AW Rune Fragments.

Im in top fellowships on two servers and this is a problem widely discussed among members. Many players, including myself, who play the Spire regularly have literally hundreds of thousands of spell frags in MA inventory. There needs to be a balance in the Spire chests for fewer spell frags and more CC spells or else replace some spell frags for another type of reward, i.e MM or other enchantments perhaps.

Another imbalance I see among top players is the Moonstone Library set itself. Over time players accumulate so many Moonstone library pieces that again, their inventories are stuffed with them. I personally have taken to just disenchanting them. But this of course only results in even more spell frags that I really, really don’t need! Lol

Perhaps the developers could look at an update for this set, or even an entirely new set that could be rotated into the rewards for each level of the Spire. This would definitely give active players more incentive to keep playing the Spire

Pauly7

Im in top fellowships on two servers and this is a problem widely discussed among members. Many players, including myself, who play the Spire regularly have literally hundreds of thousands of spell frags in MA inventory. There needs to be a balance in the Spire chests for fewer spell frags and more CC spells or else replace some spell frags for another type of reward, i.e MM or other enchantments perhaps.
I find the the numbers of spell fragments accumulated to be amusing, but how is it a 'problem'? Are you running out of spell fragment storage space?

There are two possible outcomes here: 1) They will take no notice, or 2) They will make it so that you don't have as many spell fragments. I don't really see what the advantage is of either.

Just looking for some balance here. AMs are struggling to keep their members enthused about Spire participation. I’m seeing folks lose interest in the Spire because they find it too costly in resources when the reward is mainly spell frags that they have no need of. I’m not suggesting Inno just takes the spell frags away, but that maybe they could replace some of the spell frags with other rewards that players would find more useful.

Karvest

Main rewards from spire are FS rewards - time instants, CCs and diamonds with 100% chance. + DAs/magic buildings/spire set for those who still need it/etc which you get from time to time. But even FS rewards alone worth completing spire.

little bee

I actually did some Math on this and don't think that the spire is giving too many fragments. On average one will get 4900 fragments per map (gate, high halls and laboratory). I regulary finish the High Halls and I often use more than 10k fragments per week. I think that the overflow of fragments actually comes from the set, each of which gives 525 fragments per day (=25% of the spire fragments). And many players have multiple sets. The imbalance between fragments and CC also seems to come mainly from the sets. Finally I do not think that the spire needs to be buffed in any way. The diamonds alone make it worth it in my eyes.

So the only balancing problem, I can see, is with the set. (And unfortunatly the fragments are the least of the sets problems.)

CrazyWizard

I actually did some Math on this and don't think that the spire is giving too many fragments. On average one will get 4900 fragments per map (gate, high halls and laboratory). I regulary finish the High Halls and I often use more than 10k fragments per week. I think that the overflow of fragments actually comes from the set, each of which gives 525 fragments per day (=25% of the spire fragments). And many players have multiple sets. The imbalance between fragments and CC also seems to come mainly from the sets. Finally I do not think that the spire needs to be buffed in any way. The diamonds alone make it worth it in my eyes.

So the only balancing problem, I can see, is with the set. (And unfortunatly the fragments are the least of the sets problems.)

It's going very slowly down on my live account as well. so I am using more fragents then I het each week in the spire week after week.
But I do craft a lot, and I do not own library sets.
I craft: Almost all time boosters (unless it's a small one and there is either a pet food or combat building aviable), all combat buildings and all pet food.
This crafting regime is enough to slowly drain my stock of spell fragments with ~1-2000 a week?

edeba

I have a couple hundred thousand spell fragments, but I'm pretty sure mine are fairly constant, but I can see that if you are not full time crafting and using CC they would be going up.

Marindor

Balancing is something we continuesly monitor and always has our attention. If our game team feels any changes are needed, they will be implemented, but for now we have no intentions to implement the idea as proposed, so I'll archive this thread.