• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Not a Bug Visit player button alignment off for Trade Notifications

DeletedUser

Browsing through my notifications I notice that the Visit player button jumped a few pixels down for Trade Notifications.
I've made 2 screenshot and put them next to each other to see the difference (use some red lines to see alignment better) :

notification_trade_gap.jpg

The Visit player button on the right is a few pixels down compared to the left one. :eek:

Game version: v1.51-(ff15be9ce)-() (2018-03-22 8:08)
Game world: zz1
Browser + version: Firefox 59.0.1 (64-bit)
Flash Player version: 29.0.0.113 (64-bit)
Operating System: W7 x64 Enterprise
Screen resolution: 1920x1200
Account name: Lord Soth

Humans or Elves: Elves

Last edited by a moderator:

Karvest

That's not the button placement issue, but different height of the row due to goods icons in it.

DeletedUser

That's not the button placement issue, but different height of the row due to goods icons in it.
Maybe, but on the live servers it looks fine. No jumping of any buttons there, so something has changed with (one of) the latest updates. Besides, it's just plain ugly to see this happening. o_O

Amy Steele

Forum/QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
Hi Jasper, Karvest is correct, the difference in line height here is due to the size of the goods icons. This is therefore not a bug

DeletedUser

Hi Jasper, Karvest is correct, the difference in line height here is due to the size of the goods icons. This is therefore not a bug
I beg to differ ! o_O Like I said on Live there is no jumping of the button with the same goods icons. This only happens on Beta since the last update(s).

These screenshots are from the Live server NL1, as you can see the button stays in the same place (which is much nicer to look at when switching pages real quick):
live.png

l2.jpg

So either it's not a bug on Beta which I can't believe because this wasn't happening before or it's a bug on Live that the button isn't jumping. If this is not a bug then it is just bad GUI design, you don't want jumping buttons in the GUI. :eek:

The fault is in the balance scale icon before the players name which is much bigger (higher) on Beta then on Live making the line-height higher and pushing the next line with the Visit player button down. Making that icon smaller again would correct this bug.

The goods icons are the same size on Beta as on Live, those ain't the problem.

Amy Steele

Forum/QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
Thanks Jasper, I will pass this information on, though I cannot guarantee what the outcome might be