• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

User Interface Visible relic count on main screen

DeletedUser2402

Description:
It would be nice to be able to see the current number of relics on the main screen as well as in the main hall. The placement could be above the character graphic in the upper left hand corner. The new graphic would benefit new players, newly formed kingdoms, and those who don’t participate in tournaments as much as others and relic counts aren’t maxed.

reliccountnew.jpg

Motivation:
Less clicking. Eliminates opening up the magic academy to make enchants, only to close it again to go to the main hall to see how many relics one has on the relics tab, then back to the magic academy (6 clicks). Same reason for wonder upgrading.

It would always visible and would also serve as a reminder which tournament one should focus on the most or maybe even skip if they have too many.

Downside:
Main screen clutter, perhaps have the ability to lock it open or keep closed like the fs chat window does.

Hope I did this right.

Last edited by a moderator:

SoggyShorts

The motivation is: that it's always visible for tournaments, enchants and wonders.
If it was a toggle that could be turned off, or only showed when you mouse over it like seeing your goods beside the KP bar, then I'd be all for it. There just comes a point around chapter 6 or 7 where you never need that information anymore, so the clutter outweighs the gain imo.
showrelics.png

Last edited:

DeletedUser2402

With a window open (the magic academy for example), I'm not sure if a mouse-over would work, it would need to be a toggle to keep open or closed at all times.

Karvest

Anyway that info is useless outside of AW/MA/world map.
World map already have shortcut icon for that near tourney province select button. AW have tooltip while hovering on relics needed with available amount, So full overview is not really needed.
The only place lacking relics information is MA. So just add it there.

DeletedUser2402

Thank you Karvest, didn't know there was a tool tip on the relics for each wonder. But you still have to hover over all of them to see each total. It's all a little cumbersome. I'll have to wait until a tournament,because I don't understand what you're saying about the world map.

A toggle bar located at the top, would eliminate the need to add that information in 4 different places (more with hovering). It's just there open for those who want it open or closed for those that think it's useless.

Last edited by a moderator:

Karvest

2.png

Click on upper one to see full relics info. Click on lower one to see the list of current tourney provinces with details about rewards for each one.

DeletedUser2402

Thank you again Kastor, okay I didn't explain why I would want them for tournaments very well. With a visible count, if I'm low on marble relics, it's a constant reminder to concentrate on making units for the tournament or goods needed for catering prior to the tournament. Did they also add relics contribution to adventures? It's been awhile since I've seen some of this.

There's just a lot of hovering going on plus all of the clicks, it would just be nice if this was in a central location for everything relics related.

Karvest

But you would really stop mind these numbers a bit later (after taking full boost). And it would be useless garbage cutting out part of the screen.
I agree that it would be nice to see available relics info in AW/MA interface, but not in general purpose windows.
For the FA - there were also tooltip with available amount, and that info needed only on few waypoints, so tooltip is enough, IMHO.

Karvest

btw, looked at your city - stop wasting city space and gold/supplies on non boosted manufactories. Trading is very important part of the game.

DeletedUser2402

Man I can't believe how hard I'm having to work for something so tiny.
reliccountnew.jpg

There's the toggle. Having kingdoms on all of the realms, beta, needing non boosted relics for enchants and wonders and not having to hover over a gazillion tool tips seems like a plus. Close it if you want.

this thread is about a user interface change, not my kingdom.

Deleted User - 86059

@Guinevere456 everybody is entitled to an opinion and this is the 'idea's and suggestions' section so has every right to be here. And well done for taking the time and trouble to come up with something to maybe help make Elvenar to be even more fun and helpful for us all to enjoy ;)

SoggyShorts

Man I can't believe how hard I'm having to work for something so tiny.
There are loads of interface and Q.O.L suggestions that have yet to be implemented. The dev team is quite small and seems to be very busy so we have to pick and choose a little. For an idea to gain universal support is quite difficult.
Your idea seems small and with the toggle feature would be rather unobtrusive, but we are working under the assumption that implementing your idea would replace another, or at least push back the implementation of another more universally helpful idea.

Last edited:

DeletedUser2402

It was suggested by a customer service rep for me to post ideas/suggestions here. All I meant by working so hard was creating new graphics and figuring a way to explain it better, and in comparison to the other idea I submitted this is tiny. Pretty sure I never inferred that someone doesn't have a right to be here or have an opinion. I've seen things implemented into the game that weren't necessarily in this section, and that ideas and suggestions are subjective and caters more to how one plays.

And if I had the power to push back the implementation of something that was thought to be more universally helpful, yay me. I thought I had to actively participate in this thread to make sure it was as crystal clear as it could be and I was doing a poor job of it.

SoggyShorts

I thought I had to actively participate in this thread to make sure it was as crystal clear as it could be and I was doing a poor job of it.
And you're doing a fine job defending your idea. As I said, it isn't a bad idea, and certainly if it could be done with a snap of the fingers it should be implemented.
The downsides of it not being useful for players that are more than halfway through the game, and the time it takes the devs to program anything is all that holds it back imo.

DeletedUser2402

Okay how about this? Adding the toggle bar up top eliminates the need for devs to add/program in tool tips and drop down hover menus each time relics are needed for a new event, wonder or feature. Win win for everyone!

Karvest

They already have a class implementing it, so adding it somewhere is trivial. Not sure why it isn't used in MA. May be that should be reported as bug and fixed.=)

Marindor

We don't want to make the top hud too crowded with information and icons which are not directly necessary in a regular game session. Therefore we will keep the relics information where it is. I'll archive this thread now :)