• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Version 1.23 + Sorcerers & Dragons

lika1961

Yes they are trying to slow us down and yet we can still negotiate and gain more provinces that way. So really, the plan is not working that well.

Instead of constantly changing the game, why do the devs not come up with an alternative for those players who are deemed to be "too far"? Man up, admit that you underestimated the speed at which players could move and do something about it. The boredom is killing us.

The Woodelves chapter is already mind-numbingly slow, so if Sorcerers and Dragons is even slower, that will probably be the final straw for me. I am not having fun any more and that would be the main reason for playing a game. I have to deal with lack of logic in real life, but not in a game. Even if it is free.

DeletedUser1513

Just a thought... Is it really a coincidence that they launched this AI fighting update on the mages just in a tournament where mages were 2 types of units out of the 4 were mage-units?

Heymrdiedier

Just a thought... Is it really a coincidence that they launched this AI fighting update on the mages just in a tournament where mages were 2 types of units out of the 4 were mage-units?
of course it is, do you think the devs really think of whats going on on the live servers? they dont really care they just develop and when its ready it hits beta. µif its perfect timing or terrible timing they dont care, that would also mean they need to think before releasing it :)

CrazyWizard

That's what I was thinking, too. But after some calcs I think the limiting factor are the apprentices:
with Campus Lvl 4 you need about 15.000 apprentices for the Necros, Alchies, Arcanists.
When having 6 faculties Lvl 4 that is 6*4*6 + 6 = 150 apprentices per day. That means 100 days just to get them...

so it will take a bit longer than orcs, but on the same time, we dont have to worry about mana that much.

Nice!

Guess every downside has it's upside :D
*tries to find the positive about it*

Ashrem

Is it just me, or have they made it so you can't accidentally collect the Main Hall when holding the mouse and collecting a bunch of other buildings? I hope that's true, because accidental MH collection has been a thorn in my side since day one.

Marindor

Hi everyone,

Once again: Thank you very much for your feedback so far. We have collected and summarized all feedback from this thread (and other threads as well) and discussed it within our game team. Please see the opening post of this thread for answers on most of your feedback points. Hopefully this helps to clear things up and give you some answers to your questions :)

DeletedUser1657

Thank you Marindor, Muf-Muf and team
Great news about the buff/debuff to be looked into further and the hint at 1.24 in relation to tournaments. Also liked the comment about quests and guest race buildings :)

Will any of the responses be shared with other markets/forums? Any preemptive comments? There are obviously challenges to do this but a repeat of some of these questions on the live servers are is almost a guarantee..

Marindor

Will any of the responses be shared with other markets/forums? Any preemptive comments? There are obviously challenges to do this but a repeat of some of these questions on the live servers are is almost a guarantee..

Yes, the answers are shared with our entire team of Community Managers so they should be able to provide their markets with the right answers :)

DeletedUser1548

Thanks, @Marindor / @Muf-Muf for the answers!
I came here to play a fantasy city building game. I discovered the game, I liked its unique concept, I liked it because it was not just another battle game. The game now is all about the tournaments. Many players have left because they are unhappy with the changes.
Although it might seem as if lately we only focussed on Battle-related things, this is not really the case. A lot of the other things we're working on, are all behind the scenes so they will be noticed in the (near) future but we do understand the confusion this causes in the player's perception. Please do keep in mind that the tournaments (as well as the World Map provinces) can be played completely without fighting.
Good to hear. Too bad it's all taking 'years'. ;)
Playing this city-battle-Elvenar-game is getting harder and harder. ;)

Heymrdiedier

Hi everyone,

Once again: Thank you very much for your feedback so far. We have collected and summarized all feedback from this thread (and other threads as well) and discussed it within our game team. Please see the opening post of this thread for answers on most of your feedback points. Hopefully this helps to clear things up and give you some answers to your questions :)
Very good idea to put answers in the opening post! makes it a lot easier to find. good job

Dony

King of Bugs
wow didnt expected that, thank you, i just hope its not one time only thing

The max city grid was raised now, but we will not do that for every guest race anymore, so there will be new chapters in which you will not get extra city space (on the MAX grid – you still can unlock further expansions, of course).
I quite expected that to happen with this guest race, would make a lot of sense with fixed settlements to solve puzzle with buildings.

Also when playing against 8 enemy squads, the amount of units per enemy squad can be less than if they were with only 5 squads, but each squad is able to buff/debuff so in comparison these fights are really too hard.
We will definitely look into that, thank you for pointing this out. The tournaments were initially designed without abilities (buff/debuff) in mind, so the impact of this is something we will indeed investigate further.
I am kinda sad because this was pointed out on this beta forums a lot of times (that would indicate that feedback on this didnt reached devs somehow?)

The reason i asked if AI is done was because i am planning to make thread about AI where i (we) will disscuss different behaviours, i already found some which are flawed but i need more time with testing to be sure. As you can imagine it was pointless to discuss AI before its finished because we didnt know what was planned to change, now when its moslty done i will start giving feedback even with videos if necessary.

DeletedUser1513

Great news, unfortunately this weeks battle is the worst ever...
The troops you meet hardly have a weakness, so it will be a disaster to progress to higher levels.
This is not related to AI, but rather to defending troop selection for the tournament.
Now at low levels we can overpower them on size, later it will be very difficult and at the last levels just impossible (even manually).

Heymrdiedier

Great news, unfortunately this weeks battle is the worst ever...
The troops you meet hardly have a weakness, so it will be a disaster to progress to higher levels.
This is not related to AI, but rather to defending troop selection for the tournament.
Now at low levels we can overpower them on size, later it will be very difficult and at the last levels just impossible (even manually).

Thats not completly true, this is a dream week for human players, with their priests its a lot of fun. For elves, well sorry.
And just a heads up, next week is identical to this week :)

Heymrdiedier

I am kinda sad because this was pointed out on this beta forums a lot of times (that would indicate that feedback on this didnt reached devs somehow?)

Yes it has been pointed out multiple times, by me also and i just keep repeating it, just like i keep repeating that bud sorceress is too weak after too many nerfs (wich i know you dont agree with).

At least the repeating of 5 vs 8 debuffs was picked up this time. now i just keep repeating the rest :)

Like bud sorceress has too low range and too high initiative, making her primary target for all enemies (since its always in range), wich makes it quite useless in battle.

And this also isn't correct:
1 star province 85% difficulty: 5 vs 8 means 100 units of mine against 100 units of theirs (should be 85)
2 star province 100% difficulty: 5 vs 8 means 100 units of mine against 117 units of theirs (should be 100)
3 star province 115% difficulty: 5 vs 8 means 100 units of mine against 133 units of theirs (should be 115)
4 star province 130% difficulty: 5 vs 8 means 100 units of mine against 150 units of theirs (should be 130)
5 star province 145% difficulty: 5 vs 8 means 100 units of mine against 167 units of theirs (should be 145)
6 star province 160% difficulty: 5 vs 8 means 100 units of mine against 183 units of theirs (should bee 160)

Dony

King of Bugs
Like bud sorceress has too low range and too high initiative, making her primary target for all enemies
that was actually changed in 1.22 on live server, dog will prioritize treant instead of archer or mage in first round, making from mages unnoticed target

DeletedUser1513

I like the new AI better, thanks to the dev for this upgrade. But you asked on how it could be improve. Ranged unit should ALWAYS move out of range of a strike back when it is possible before attacking. There is so rarely a valid tactical reason not to do so, the AI should be programmed to move away from strike back 100% of the time.
If the IA is getting smarter and smarter, then there's no incentive to play manually anymore. I prefer to be able to batlle most of the troops using auto and for harder troops move to manual mode, and then be able to beat the troops taking account the tactics that are here requested to be integrated in AI. So it will get impossible to beat troops if they get outnumbered! Some people request a different AI which is smarter for the players troops and less smart for the defending machine troops. IMO that would be stupid and a waste of effort.
You shall be able to beat troops by a smart troop selection and hit the autobattle, and/or via a manual to incorporate smarter tactics.

Marindor

Different kinds of feedback about buffs and debuffs have been given and forwarded, but not really the way it was put now (simply put: 8 buffs vs 5 buffs is out of balance). If that's the way it was said/meant before in our feedback threads, I'm to blame for not picking it up like that so in that case I apologise for not picking that up correctly.

Dony

King of Bugs
we all want the communication to be better and imrpoved and here you can atleast see that we gave feedback but it was interpreted to devs differently, but we as community didnt knew about it, thats why feedback from dev side is important and valuable for both sides, we can identify this kind of misinterpretation

and last week tournament had 5vs14 debuff scenarios, since mages on lvl3 have 2 debuffs and counter mages have only 1 debuff, thats 3x more debuffs

DeletedUser1877

If that's the way it was said/meant before in our feedback threads, I'm to blame for not picking it up like that so in that case I apologise for not picking that up correctly.
Takes a big man / woman to admit mistakes, thank you for that.

Is it possible to have the actial feedback to Devs posted, so any mistakes would be seen quickly? Or would that just open a HUGE bucket of worms?