• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Version 1.23 + Sorcerers & Dragons

Heymrdiedier

currently I have a storyline quest that asks for 2 faculties of each type
this one will dry up for a while because I can only build one of each atm :) (no space)
Aha that is what i expected. ask 2 of each for the quest, with the 2/3 rule that means the devs assume we need 3 off each to go at a decent pace, but if you want to go fast you can place 4 of each.

Dhurrin

If i remember correctly, they once said the quest for production facilities is supposed to ask for 2/3 of what you are expected to have.
so i assume this time they will ask for 2 of each.

I dont know actually :)

Well, in woodelves there was a quest to have 6 of each of the plants...so I too am curious about the new chapter

Dhurrin

... The art department have given up on the beautiful so it seems...and I'm not surprised by it as most of the buildings these days are hidden behind something else for want of space.
It seems to me that with every update...and with every guest race...makes Elvenar an uglier place to be. I thought after the Orcs...we would get back to having beautiful cities...but it seems not as the devs have a totally different idea of Elvenar which consists of bigger and uglier...and more battles and battle units. I'm losing my interest with every update, sadly.:((

You're definitely not alone. My interest has been waning since the orcs, and for me the game only seems to be going downhill.

DeletedUser1882

The 2/3 ratio is a very recent revelation as part of the feedback to comments in this thread and it forms part of the first post.

While the no roads provides a unique challenge it doesn't change the minimum (normally 1 of each building type) but minimum to produce goods and minimum to not go insane from waiting are different :eek:.

I am also curious about if there is a quest for building types or is everyone just doing 4 of each? From the goods required it looks like 4 of each might be reasonable.

According to the 2/3 ratio, then the "optimal" size for the wood elves settlement was 9 steel grafting, 9 marble grafting, 6 planks grafting and 6 forest fabrications. This seems a little unreasonable size-wise.

Also, we have this in Muf-Muf's 1st answer: "if the campus was smaller, it wouldn’t provide enough space to place the faculties around that. " Most people have skipped this piece of information.

This means that 4 of each faculty will be required. A 9x9 campus would be capable of supporting 3 of each faculty (maybe even 4 of some, I haven't played with it much). Per Muf-Muf, 10x10 was the smallest they could make the campus - which means that more than 3 of each is required.

So we are given two guidelines about what to expect - one of them says we are guaranteed to need 4 of each, the other says that this figure (4 of each) is 2/3 of what is ideal, so the "ideal" is 6 of each (ideals are frequently unattainable).

I'd hope that this is a reductio and actually one of the statements that's been made to us is inaccurate. But I can't tell which one it is.

Heymrdiedier

According to the 2/3 ratio, then the "optimal" size for the wood elves settlement was 9 steel grafting, 9 marble grafting, 6 planks grafting and 6 forest fabrications. This seems a little unreasonable size-wise.

Also, we have this in Muf-Muf's 1st answer: "if the campus was smaller, it wouldn’t provide enough space to place the faculties around that. " Most people have skipped this piece of information.

This means that 4 of each faculty will be required. A 9x9 campus would be capable of supporting 3 of each faculty (maybe even 4 of some, I haven't played with it much). Per Muf-Muf, 10x10 was the smallest they could make the campus - which means that more than 3 of each is required.

So we are given two guidelines about what to expect - one of them says we are guaranteed to need 4 of each, the other says that this figure (4 of each) is 2/3 of what is ideal, so the "ideal" is 6 of each (ideals are frequently unattainable).

I'd hope that this is a reductio and actually one of the statements that's been made to us is inaccurate. But I can't tell which one it is.

if history is a reference, then you only need the lvl 4 campus for the wonder tech.
So you could as well collect resources with a smaller campus and just upgrade the last lvl just before wonder tech while you trash some factories allready.

Dhurrin

if history is a reference, then you only need the lvl 4 campus for the wonder tech.
So you could as well collect resources with a smaller campus and just upgrade the last lvl just before wonder tech while you trash some factories allready.

Though technically true one needs to bear in mind that the lvl of the portal makes a huge difference in the output of the factories. So leaving it at lvl3 is an option, but it will also mean it will take MUCH longer to gather the resources.
That is of course the whole idea, since Inno wants to slow down players as much as possible, but doing it like that will definitetely take away something from the game

Dhurrin

@Dony
You took the question right out of my mouth. The vid about the release said februari. And usually it is done with an update, which normally happens on wednesday, but it didn't happen last week. And apprently not today (or if it is, its later than usual) but there's not enough days in the month to postpone it a week and still do it in februari

CrazyWizard

Thanks for the responses. :) with woodelf it asked for 6/6/4 (refined marble/steel/planks) and I dont know where the 2/3 ratio comes from as we have never had a specific structure the buildings had to be against (has been a road in the past). Don't get me wrong I like the change of pace, I am just trying to get an idea of what I will NEED to progress. So far looking at cities advanced enough to be moving through the chapter, I am seeing what is perhaps overkill but not sure.

I am not sure how fast we are supposed to go trough those chapters then
I used the 4/4/4/3 setup and was the fastest on my server as far as I know. (I think I had an extra marble and steel just to fill up space)

We calculated that this was the perfect setup.

so if 6/6/6/4 was considered 2/3rd of the ideal setup then were we supposed to finish that chapter in like what 2 weeks?

DeletedUser1767

I am not sure how fast we are supposed to go trough those chapters then
I used the 4/4/4/3 setup and was the fastest on my server as far as I know. (I think I had an extra marble and steel just to fill up space)

We calculated that this was the perfect setup.

so if 6/6/6/4 was considered 2/3rd of the ideal setup then were we supposed to finish that chapter in like what 2 weeks?
I had 6/6/4/7 on my Arendyll city and ended up with a HUGE surplus of refined goods by the end. (I didn't finish either particularly quickly or particularly slowly, but I was spending a lot of KP on my BTG at the same time.)

Marindor

@Dony
You took the question right out of my mouth. The vid about the release said februari. And usually it is done with an update, which normally happens on wednesday, but it didn't happen last week. And apprently not today (or if it is, its later than usual) but there's not enough days in the month to postpone it a week and still do it in februari

We have indeed decided to postpone the live release of 1.23 and the Beta release of 1.24 to next week, so we would have more time to fix the list of bugs, which is above our standards. A lot of the major bug fixes have been made in this weeks hotfix already, but we still want to take a bit more time to reduce the number of bugs even further before releasing it to live :)

Dhurrin

@Sir Squirrel
And dont forget the players.

@Marindor
Thanks. But this is typically an example of Inno needing to send an in-game message to all players. The announcement was for it to be in februari and since it has been released on beta the live players have been pretty much waiting for it to come live...last week, this week.
I think most people would appreciate a simple ingame message with this information, and that really shouldn't be too much of an effort

CrazyWizard

We have indeed decided to postpone the live release of 1.23 and the Beta release of 1.24 to next week, so we would have more time to fix the list of bugs, which is above our standards. A lot of the major bug fixes have been made in this weeks hotfix already, but we still want to take a bit more time to reduce the number of bugs even further before releasing it to live :)

That's good news Marindo, what's not so good news is that this ain't properly communicated to the playerbase. not here nor on any server I have looked at (en, us, de, nl). There has been a reference on the us server but that one is open for interpetation.
Normally some of the servers announce the new update 5-6 days uphand, so it should also have been known internally for a while that this deadline was not going to be met.
With a new race many people look out for this update and expect it. they start planning, collecting recources and coins save provincies and then at the moment supreme there is just nothing, not even a sorry for we are not gonna make it.

Very disappointing, something that could have been easily avoided with a simple message well ahead of time.

what I dont get is, the last time it was communicated, why not this time?

Marindor

what I dont get is, the last time it was communicated, why not this time?

I don't know to be honest, you should ask that question on the corresponding Live servers. On Beta we always announce after the update, not before because things always change here :)

SoggyShorts

Yes, based on the level of the tournament province, the total army size of the enemy should be X percent of yours so when the enemy gets more squads, the amount of units per squad should be less.

this also isn't correct:
1 star province 85% difficulty: 5 vs 8 means 100 units of mine against 100 units of theirs (should be 85)
2 star province 100% difficulty: 5 vs 8 means 100 units of mine against 117 units of theirs (should be 100)
3 star province 115% difficulty: 5 vs 8 means 100 units of mine against 133 units of theirs (should be 115)
4 star province 130% difficulty: 5 vs 8 means 100 units of mine against 150 units of theirs (should be 130)
5 star province 145% difficulty: 5 vs 8 means 100 units of mine against 167 units of theirs (should be 145)
6 star province 160% difficulty: 5 vs 8 means 100 units of mine against 183 units of theirs (should bee 160)

I'm a bit late to this thread, and just got caught up. I wanted to make sure that you saw this @Marindor , as I didn't see a response from you after @Heymrdiedier posted it.
So not only is there a huge debuff advantage, but a raw numbers one as well.
This also happens on the world map. I always thought that facing 8 or 4 enemies was the same number of troops, but it's not even close. In fact, someone showed me (katwijik?)that 8 enemy squads have double the total units compared to a single enemy squad.

CrazyWizard

I don't know to be honest, you should ask that question on the corresponding Live servers. On Beta we always announce after the update, not before because things always change here :)

Are you no longer also the CM of the international server? did it change again?