• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Version 1.23 + Sorcerers & Dragons

ophion

Is anyone really disappointed about the size of the residential buildings in the Sorcerers and Dragons update? I'm not talking about square by square size...just the "bulk" of the buildings. This will mainly affect those that have lots of residential buildings as I think they are going to really look ugly when packed close together. The woodelves was bad enough with all the dayglo orange trees...but this certainly isn't an improvement IMO.
I was under the impression that the huge size of the faculty buildings was limited to just those...but it seems that all the new buildings have an imposing bulk to them when we have no extra expansions to be able to display them and have to resort to packing them together like boxes. Gone are the days when we had beautiful buildings that we could afford to give space to and display them properly. The art department have given up on the beautiful so it seems...and I'm not surprised by it as most of the buildings these days are hidden behind something else for want of space.
It seems to me that with every update...and with every guest race...makes Elvenar an uglier place to be. I thought after the Orcs...we would get back to having beautiful cities...but it seems not as the devs have a totally different idea of Elvenar which consists of bigger and uglier...and more battles and battle units. I'm losing my interest with every update, sadly.:((

Last edited:

Ashrem

"You can collect the Main Hall's coins again using swipe collect" Are you guys kidding? This was actually requested and it was a bug that you put back to the way it was before?

Marindor

"You can collect the Main Hall's coins again using swipe collect" Are you guys kidding? This was actually requested and it was a bug that you put back to the way it was before?

Ehm... That's why it was listed as a bug fix in our latest hotfix... Or do I not understand your question?

Sir Squirrel

And just as many players like the swipe collect.

I am sure they do, I was just letting Marindor know why ashrem was saying what he did. Some players thought that it was a fix, not a bug, so now are a little upset to see that it is back to swipe, is all. Either way is fine by me.

ALdbeign

@Dhurrin
No one tells you to max out the amount of prodcution facilities, in fact I think it's totally unnessesary seeing results in the past.
Actually in woodelf they kind of did and also in orc. "max out" might be a stretch but there were minimum amounts needed for the storyline quest. Is anyone far enough along to have seen a "have x Arcane, x Necromancy, x Alchemy Faculty" Quest yet? We also had the habitat quest (an extra 28 tiles on top of the guest race), anything like that down the pike?

Heymrdiedier

Actually in woodelf they kind of did and also in orc. "max out" might be a stretch but there were minimum amounts needed for the storyline quest. Is anyone far enough along to have seen a "have x Arcane, x Necromancy, x Alchemy Faculty" Quest yet? We also had the habitat quest (an extra 28 tiles on top of the guest race), anything like that down the pike?

If i remember correctly, they once said the quest for production facilities is supposed to ask for 2/3 of what you are expected to have.
so i assume this time they will ask for 2 of each.

I dont know actually :)

DeletedUser

If you have the campus on lvl 4 you can fit 4 faculties of each type. Therefore if you have a quest that asks for 2/3 I assume it will be 3 each.

I guess the mandatory culture will probably be Prof Juan's Needful Things (1x4), or (more likely) the Magic Maze (6x4)

Last edited by a moderator:

ALdbeign

Thanks for the responses. :) with woodelf it asked for 6/6/4 (refined marble/steel/planks) and I dont know where the 2/3 ratio comes from as we have never had a specific structure the buildings had to be against (has been a road in the past). Don't get me wrong I like the change of pace, I am just trying to get an idea of what I will NEED to progress. So far looking at cities advanced enough to be moving through the chapter, I am seeing what is perhaps overkill but not sure.

DeletedUser1657

Minimum size requirements for settlements and such have never been denied. We even have story-type quests demanding X amount of buildings, which basically confirms that we do have a “minimal size” in that sense. Those quests typically request 2/3rds of the expected buildings, to be a bit more lenient in that.

If i remember correctly, they once said the quest for production facilities is supposed to ask for 2/3 of what you are expected to have.

I dont know where the 2/3 ratio comes from as we have never had a specific structure the buildings had to be against (has been a road in the past).

The 2/3 ratio is a very recent revelation as part of the feedback to comments in this thread and it forms part of the first post.

While the no roads provides a unique challenge it doesn't change the minimum (normally 1 of each building type) but minimum to produce goods and minimum to not go insane from waiting are different :eek:.

I am also curious about if there is a quest for building types or is everyone just doing 4 of each? From the goods required it looks like 4 of each might be reasonable.

DeletedUser283

currently I have a storyline quest that asks for 2 faculties of each type
this one will dry up for a while because I can only build one of each atm :) (no space)

DeletedUser1909

I feel this chapter 10 thing is totally wacked, who in their right mind will spend $1440 for the extra 18 expansions, and as far as I know thier capped,
in my main city on Winyador, i am at max size atm. Offering just 2 expansions in chapter 10 is basically a slap in the face to players.

This will be my last chapter if things are not drastically changed. Chapter 10 is basically impossible without the cap removed and expansions made reasonable.

DeletedUser1657

I always assumed there would be a buffer zone between the max expansions possible and a free to play player which would be equal to the total premium expansions. I know it hasn't been like this previously but wonder if it will head that way a little more as we move along.

DeletedUser1607

I'm a bit confused about the wisdom square..

Are we supposed to build just one of these and it connects the campus to the road? And does it make enough apprentices to keep production going in all faculties?

DeletedUser118

Yes, you can only have one of them and also yes, it connects the Campus to the road. The production is 6/day at the beginning. which cannot be changed in any way so I guess you will have to deal with it. ^^

Edit: untrue stuff edited.

DeletedUser1607

Yes, you can only have one of them and also yes, it connects the Campus to the road. The production is 6/day which cannot be changed in any way so I guess you will have to deal with it. ^^

Thanks for you answer, but what about the info text on the wisdom square that says: "The bigger your university, the more apprentices it attracts." That would impy that the apprentices per day increases with the campus or something. :s