• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Version 1.23 + Sorcerers & Dragons

DeletedUser1882

both cases still works

Just not as well as they did before. Both have been weakened by this update.

this was present in tournament all the time

But the significance of it is exacerbated by the present update. You're missing the way that this changes the previously existing balance. If Marindor wants to understand the reaction coming through, he needs to think about the balance they had before (which has trained players to a certain set of expectations) and the new balance that they have now (which sees players unable to get what they expect based on past experience).

it is not

If that's the case, then this part of the update is a fail for other reasons. :p

I for one literally could not care less how competent the AI is - I care zero. But what I see here is that the game balance has changed, and it's the game balance changes that are prompting the response Marindor was asking about.

ophion

For a discussion about the new Sorcerers and Dragons update...I'm a bit sick of hearing about battles and AI. This game was ok until it became a battle game instead of a city building one. Why the heck does every single game we get to play online have to have battles in it. Can't there be more fantasy things like quests to find hidden objects...or going off to achieve a puzzle of some kind instead of concentrating on fighting something at every given moment? Not only do we have to build armories and such to make units we didn't want to start with...then to battle our way through provinces...we now have to battle through tournaments for very little reward or we feel like we're letting the fellowship down if we don't. Everyone I've spoken to hates the battle side of Elvenar and yet it grows and grows and grows at the detriment of any thing else. This discussion about Sorcerers and Dragons has once again been ignored and filled instead with battle issues. Give us all a break...please!!

DeletedUser118

Well, the new AI is a big part of the new Update. So players wanna discuss it. Not much we can do about it.

But of course ppl could be nice and go over to this part of the forum and continue their discussion over there.

https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?forums/battle-help.48/ :)

So we can talk about the other aspects of the update in here as well.

Unfortunately the only topics I could come up with are the same old: too large buildings, too high costs of supplies and too many bugs once again. :confused:

CrazyWizard

@Marindor

I was ok with the 1.22 AI,

But as someone already posted, the smarter the AI gets, the harder it becomes to outplay the AI.
The only thing that will happen is that Manual combat becomes more and more difficult and favours the autocombat too much.

Autocombat is AI vs AI, so if it's smart or stupid it doesnt really matter. it evens out the odds,
As stated before the smarter AI was asked for to make the AI make smarter choices on the players side. not the enemy side.

If you guys do not want to kill the manual combat option in favour of all autocombat. and want people to aquire less and less points so they will never be able to reacht the blueprints, then please do not make the AI on the live servers smarter than the AI from 1.22.

DeletedUser

For a discussion about the new Sorcerers and Dragons update...I'm a bit sick of hearing about battles and AI. This game was ok until it became a battle game instead of a city building one. Why the heck does every single game we get to play online have to have battles in it. Can't there be more fantasy things like quests to find hidden objects...or going off to achieve a puzzle of some kind instead of concentrating on fighting something at every given moment? Not only do we have to build armories and such to make units we didn't want to start with...then to battle our way through provinces...we now have to battle through tournaments for very little reward or we feel like we're letting the fellowship down if we don't. Everyone I've spoken to hates the battle side of Elvenar and yet it grows and grows and grows at the detriment of any thing else. This discussion about Sorcerers and Dragons has once again been ignored and filled instead with battle issues. Give us all a break...please!!

We're getting a challenging new chapter and all I read here are the same old complaints about space and costs. It's supposed to be difficult that's the challlenge, why else would you play this game!
And yes, I'm getting more than a bit sick of hearing about battles. If so many players are hating the battle side of Elvenar why o why are some many players going on and on about it. Give it rest PLEASE. Let's just play the game!

Last edited by a moderator:

Dony

King of Bugs
maybe just maybe we want it to be better so more people can enjoy it?
i would rather discuss about battles then whine 24/7 2 years in a row about not enough space in our city, only 2 expansion in tech tree, building getting bigger and other for me irrelevant things, that doesnt make this game better in any way

Dhurrin

@Dony
Well, space may not be your thingy, but it is a concern of mine.

But you are right about the battles being a main issue. This whole game is seeing almost nothing but battlerelated updates, and bloody fewthings about citybuilding or organising. And that for me at least was the main reason to even start playing.

@Ritsel
And yes, I'm really not happy about the discussion about the battles either, I'd much prefer it to be about something else, but somewhere the devs seem to have taken a turn to make it into a mostly battlegame. So it definitely is something to be discussed. Because it was NOT what the players came here for.
Asa the devs stop changing it into a battlegame and focus on the building aspect, the discussion about the battles will fade.

Dony

King of Bugs
But of course ppl could be nice and go over to this part of the forum and continue their discussion over there.

https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?forums/battle-help.48/ :)
The debuff remark is a good one of course, we will forward that!
i am not so sure they check that topic anymore, since that debuff thing was there mentioned multiply times (not meant in sarcastic way)
so it looks like discussing something important in hot topic thread is a way to go to get answers we all want

DeletedUser118

@Ritsel
And yes, I'm really not happy about the discussion about the battles either, I'd much prefer it to be about something else, but somewhere the devs seem to have taken a turn to make it into a mostly battlegame. So it definitely is something to be discussed. Because it was NOT what the players came here for.
Asa the devs stop changing it into a battlegame and focus on the building aspect, the discussion about the battles will fade.

Just look at Inno's other games and you will soon notice, they are all battle related. So this shouldn't be a real surprise to anyone.

I guess if you want non-battle related games, you have to switch to a different game company.

Dhurrin

Just look at Inno's other games and you will soon notice, they are all battle related. So this shouldn't be a real surprise to anyone.

I guess if you want non-battle related games, you have to switch to a different game company.

I know they are. I played several and quit those since they weren't what I was looking for. I found some better ones.

This game however, was (and still is) promoted as a citybuilder game. And I've played it for about 18 months. It WAS NOT a mainly battlegame. It was not supposed to be either. All that started with the incredibly unbalanced 'balancing' when the new battlesystem was introduced and loyal, active players were left in the cold,and since then have been left there.

So now that they are changing the core of the game, those players are just to pack up and leave? Well, many already have, and many more will

DeletedUser1657

Except Marindor will send them back to this thread as it is the feedback for 1.23 :p All feedback on this update is meant to be here so it is easier to be read in one location by us and Marindor.

I think the battle stuff is coming up faster as it is quicker to get into in the update unless one had lots of KP or diamonds to speed into the new era. It will take a little time for people to get further into that chapter to see if there is more feedback regarding it. Also only those at the end of the tech tree can report on the new guest race. For those in earlier era the AI update is more significant in terms of an update as it impacts them (well everyone).

ophion

I thought Elvenar might have given the Devs a one time opportunity to make a really interesting fantasy city building game without the need for battles and fights where those that are sick of that type of game could have found one place to relax and enjoy it.
For a company that came up with a fantasy game such as Elvenar...they are showing very little imagination in developing it and seem to find the easy route of introducing yet more boring battles more important than the original intention of keeping it battle free. Sooner or later they'll be introducing battles between fellowships and plundering each others goods etc. I can see it coming closer by the day.:((

ophion

It is already confirmed that this will never happen in Elvenar :)
It was also confirmed that Elvenar would never go the ways of all other Innogames and be a battle game...and that it would remain primarily a city builder game...so I'm afraid I don't have a lot of faith in that. Most of the updates and issues concern battles and training units and hardly any focus is given to city building anymore. Every update sees a new unit having to be researched or a new training building having to be built and all the conversation in the forum is about battles and problems arising from members not being happy. There are far too many units already. Half a dozen should have been enough and time to quit...but still they go on. I used to have three armouries in my city but have become so tired of it all that I've deleted two of them and now just take what comes. If I can't battle or fight anymore and fail to be able to compete in the game in future...then my time has come to leave and move on.:(

DeletedUser762

oh wow, so we are upgrading. as usual, I am nowhere near ready for that. so am not exited or anything, cause need to work ages on the portal and research. portal level 3 now btw. cannot do research , its too slow

Dhurrin

It is already confirmed that this will never happen in Elvenar :)

Confirmed? Who did the confirming? and playerwise, how believable is that after 6 months of upgrades focused on battlestuff? Sorry, but personally I don't have much faith in it. And one reason is that Inno is busy changing the very core of the game,which doesn't do much for gaining trust. Especially not with the absence of information.

Battles were just for provinces first.
After first introducing tourneys as an additional battle-element on a personal basis, now its turned FS-based, with practically unattainable prizes that are worth it at the end, so its only following the logic that something else will come after, since the additional units havent been really very usefull in the field so far.
Also, the fighting in the provinces has pretty much come to a stop for many players, because of the odds that are being used to make a barrier only passable with ridiculous amounts of goods, or with diamonds, but fighting is impossible at that level.

And lets face it; months of slowly introducing more units and changing the AI and battle mechanics arent being done just for the sake of change. And its not done because its just a minor but reasonably valuable part of the game. No, all this is only done because fighting is more and more going to be a very important part of the game, likely even the main part of the game, which will bring it in line with the rest of Inno's games.
The strategy seems to be aimed at annoying and frustrating the players who do not like that part, hoping they will leave before the next major change in the ways battles are going to be handled and going to become even more important.

You, speaking for Inno, can say its not so, but actions say more than words. And the actions are far, far more in line with this reasoning than with saying its not.

DeletedUser762

oh ok, so briefly looking, we've got to turn all our buildings around, hence taking more space, but the space is not given to us, cause we all given up on fighting useless battles in provinces. I only get space from some miserly expansions given to us in research. so, basically, I do not see any reason for your upgrades and developments, and not very excited by it. u have killed it not only by the time needed to produce in portals, but mainly by killing the battles in the provinces, and many ppl told u about it already.

DeletedUser1596

A new unit has come into play. Vallorian Guard. And although I know that it's going to be battle ready (2nd promotion) in about.. half a year or later, there are already stats for these guys on ElvenArchitect and there's something suspitious about them.
Obviously, this unit is Paladin's twin, so let's compare them:

• DAMAGE: Guard does 24 more dmg.
  • HITPOINTS : Guard has 20 more hp.
  • INITIATIVE: It does not matter, still, Guard has higher.
  • ATT/DEF BONUS: Guard has 30 more in total. Moreover, the defense bonus is IMO more important for slow unit with low initiative. And again, the Guard has 30 more.
  • ABILITIES: Guard has +20% stronger debuff.
Other "new" units seem a little weaker compared to their original counterparts, but this guy seems to be on steroids. Is this a glitch?

Dony

King of Bugs
no, people where crying that elfs dont have paladins, so now we get them
same will happen with last unit being mortar like for elfs