• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Version 1.23 + Sorcerers & Dragons

Dony

King of Bugs
Armories don't, Scroll manufactories don't, the wisdom square doesn't, the new biggest cultural building is 6x4.
yes but usually you have more residences then all this other buildings
anyway i am not planning to use any new grid, whole guest race can easily fit in my town, every extra grid i get will go towards next guest race

DeletedUser118

It seems to me that you need less and less residences with every upcomming new race.

Good for you that you have so much space left for that. I don't unfortunately and I'm definitely not somebody who squeezes everything in to the last square.

Dony

King of Bugs
i guess that was a goal, people wanted different looking city, not whole map filled with residencies

DeletedUser1657

Looking forward to the challenge of the new guest race. Would also like to say a huge THANK YOU for listening to the comments and feedback about the struggles of early era towns in relation to combat. This change and the gifting of 50 units for 3 unit types (done previously). Will have positive benefits for young towns.:D

p.s. in the announcement under new features it mention the thenth chapter, pretty sure it should be tenth :p

Dony

King of Bugs
@Muf-Muf is the AI for battle done with developing or devs will continue to improving it (i mean in reasonable time frame)

Heymrdiedier

did anyone try combat allready and see if its easier now? honestly i dont feel i still have the energy to try it all the fighting again

DeletedUser724

Is that a problem in the tech tree of the new chapter

I am human Race
I do not find my major item BARRACK update
Human soldier is my main army force
could Inno add it back

DeletedUser724

In previous 2 chapter

we have 3 new area expansion
to adopt the change in size of all buildings

this new chapter ...already declare we have larger...larger ..building

but we only given 2 new area expansion

Can Inno return the 3rd area expansion to player in tech tree
<In particularly we have a 200k mana technology to be unlock in tech tree ...tons of mana is now require in tech tree >

DeletedUser1882

I'm guessing that 3 of each faculty will be required to go through the quests. If that's the case, then this guest race clocks in at over 300 squares for their setup.

On 2 new expansions worth of space, this seems like a major stretch. Especially for the folks who are far ahead of me, but because of that can't get province expansions any longer. It's a little cruel to add 11 expansions to the map, but tell people "you can only have 2 of them for playing, the rest start at US$80."

DeletedUser1882

Is that a problem in the tech tree of the new chapter

I am human Race
I do not find my major item BARRACK update
Human soldier is my main army force
could Inno add it back

The Woodelves very notably upgraded the barracks, but not the armories. And, the wood elves provided 2x the number of barracks upgrades we've come to expect from a new tier. This time, we get 2x the number of armory upgrades, and no upgrade to the barracks. It seems to even out in a very well-planned fashion. (Also, the lack of upgrades for the breeding grounds seemed thematically appropriate for the woodelves. They didn't exactly seem like they wanted to help the orcs procreate.)

Marindor

The Woodelves very notably upgraded the barracks, but not the armories. And, the wood elves provided 2x the number of barracks upgrades we've come to expect from a new tier. This time, we get 2x the number of armory upgrades, and no upgrade to the barracks. It seems to even out in a very well-planned fashion. (Also, the lack of upgrades for the breeding grounds seemed thematically appropriate for the woodelves. They didn't exactly seem like they wanted to help the orcs procreate.)

This is indeed the correct explanation :)

Jixel

Joining the chorus to say - only 2 expansions in the new tree ???!? That's just insulting.
Given that we require the new race buildings on top of all the old (orcs + mana + ridiculous amounts of supplies & goods), to only give two more expansions in the tree is just ... bad.
Please, make some retrospective changes to the tech tree (as you're so fond of doing) and add another expansion to wood elves, and 2-3 more to the new race, otherwise the game will become unplayable very soon.

Dhurrin

Hells Bells....750.000 SUPPLIES for activating the library/broomstick? And several more with huge amounts of supplies needed?
If you really want to balance the game the output of the workshops needs to be seriously improved, or the questrecycling needs to be mandated as the 'right way to play' and then it should be made easier for players who do not have hours on end to do so.
Or introduce another way to get them, like from the trader or wholesaler. The amounts of supplies needed will be extremely difficult to gather by players who actually play with workshops (in normal runs, as in the factorybased times) instead of spending hours on recycling quests or resetting the workshops every 15 minutes or so.

And only 2 expansions from research? While with every new race the buildings get larger and larger? Can anyone explain how one is to get more in a reasonable way when scouting times are around 2,5 days and over?
And no, I'm done paying for them, since you already raised the prices to an amount where one needs to be a Rockefeller familymember to be able to afford those.
Campus is 10x10 in the end. Going to be surrounded by other large buildings, so one needs to free up something like 20x20 in one block. I like a challenge, but it would be nice to actually be able to get some space to do the reorganising. I'll probably be able to get 10x15 free, but still.

Other question, why so many cultural buildings that do NOT provide mana? Maybe nice at the end of the chapter to put down and boost culture a bit, but it really doesnt make much sense before that,considering the huge amounts of mana needed.
Also, the first techs require a lot more mana than the sets of techs after getting the newer cultural buildings. So you needs huge amounts BEFORE getting better buildings and then the need drops for a while. Where is the sense in that?

Dhurrin

did anyone try combat allready and see if its easier now? honestly i dont feel i still have the energy to try it all the fighting again

I'm only looking at a battlefield now and then, but don't even try it anymore. When I see a number of squads that's more than 5 and they all are like 3 or 4 times mine (or more) I'm not going to waste any troops on even trying to fight.

DeletedUser736

I tried the new AI and I think it's an improvement. The major difference I saw is that now, mages tends to strike creature who don't have debuff already, to make sure most of your troops are affected.

It seems logical, but it is exploitable too. No AI will be perfect, especially in a small game like this. There is too many factors to account for, and some players, like me, will always try to find the patterns and beat the AI by being able to predict how it does react given certain scenarios.

As it is now, I like the AI. Could it be better? Yes. Could it be worse? Yes! (I'm looking at you FoE, lamest AI ever and the reason I abandonned the game :p)

DeletedUser607

I want to focus the attention to another topic: the updated battle-AI.

I do understand the motivation behind it, and to be fair, there were some situations where the AI acted stupidly.

okay, so where is the problem: currently I'm on lvl 4 of the tournament, and it essentially turned into "throw dogs into the battle and let them auto-finish it".

other combinations of units, which had been useful previously just get killed. maybe there are new useful combinations too, I haven't seen them yet. it might not be the wisest idea to do that update in the middle of a tournament. last time, okay it was the tournament-update itself, you've done it in between of two tournaments, even shifted the time a bit to adjust things.

now you'll need to do balancing again, because there is one problem: in the past, your AI's intelligence was quite simpel. you've added more units so they still can compete with the usually more intelligent player. now, the AI is much better, yet they still have these additional units just that the AI can afford losing some. and that makes the battles really hard.

let's see how that balances out, maybe there is a point where you should reduce the amount of enemy units, so the tournament is still winnable on manual fight.

EDIT: just to make it clear: the battles with 5 dogs are simple. but if 5 dogs can't win, winning is hellishly complicated...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1882

This is a comment on the rebalancing of the troops that have not yet received both of their upgrades.

Recent versions of the game have worked hard to make the combat system more transparent and understandable to users. One of the mechanisms that was added was the "Best against" boxes. They show a certain number of combat icons to represent the degree to which this unit is superior to the unit named in the box.

These icons are now deceptive, because of the change. When I upgrade a sword dancer from the 1st upgrade (2nd level) to the highest upgrade (3rd level), it goes from displaying 3 sword icons against both mages and light ranged troops, to having 4 sword icons against mages and light ranged troops.

It's deceptive though for the sword dancers (become acrobats) to gain an additional sword icon against both mages and light ranged. Why? Because the sword icons showed (in the past) the *specialization* of the light melee unit against light ranged and mages. But the *specialization* has not increased at all. The particular advantages that light melee troops enjoy against light ranged troops are no better than they were before. Yes, the unit is stronger, but it is not *more specialized*.

The extra sword icon indicates a unit with better type-specific bonuses. But the unit does not have better type specific bonuses. And this is deceptive, and is counter-productive in helping new players to understand the value of their units against the enemy types they are supposed to be well-suited to fight.