• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Vacation mode - no decay while you are away

Are you in favor of this idea?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dony

King of Bugs
1 big downside of this idea is that there is no guarantee that player will return so it should be either
1. limited for certain amount of time, for example 15 days or 1 month, and after that account will be unfreezed regardless of if player returns or not
2. or city will be immediately moved to outskirt of the world map as inactive

this is to prevent having dead cities in the middle of the map which INNO is trying to fix for past couple of years and this idea just makes legal exception to not use this system

Pauly7

I would imagine having a new kind of craftable enchantment, similar in concept to the Inspiring Meditation, but this one would just be a 7 day decay freeze. Freezing the decay would also freeze production, so people couldn't use it to their unintended advantage when they've built up a collection.

Alcaro

1 big downside of this idea is that there is no guarantee that player will return so it should be either
1. limited for certain amount of time, for example 15 days or 1 month, and after that account will be unfreezed regardless of if player returns or not
2. or city will be immediately moved to outskirt of the world map as inactive

this is to prevent having dead cities in the middle of the map which INNO is trying to fix for past couple of years and this idea just makes legal exception to not use this system
I would go for your point 1. - for 1 month. Point 2 is too extreme!!! I waited for 2 years to be moved from an almost dead NH (literally I was on the edge of the map) and after having a holiday to find myself moved (again) to the outskirt of the map will make me very very angry. They could move a city if after the break the player is not returning and under the already existing conditions.

Try to look at the big picture and not thinking at a minority. Players in big chapters and spenders will not be moved anyway.
I would love to have a real holiday, where I don't have to log in every day at least twice, just to keep up the sentient, mana and seeds stock.

TomatoeHu

I believe we are voting on a Freeze Vacation? I think there should be a Minimum day restriction to avoid abuse. As in, no 24 hr freezes. Also, It should be set and not unfrozen until the full length of time applied for ( meaning that if you want to commit to freezing your account for a week, 2 or a month, its frozen. That should keep wafflers from using it every other day they cant play )

Alcaro

1 day freezing shouldn't even come into discussion imo. For that we have 24h production ... well ... only 9 for sentient, but is not deadly. We are talking about the possibility to have a decent holiday without the fear that if u can't login, at return you'll find your decaying goods' stock depleted.
My idea is for 1 month, if you login during this time, the freezing time should be canceled by default. There should be also a cool-down time, to avoid abuses.

Alcaro

I bring this thread back on top because it seems was forgotten.
@Marindor - any news about this possibility?

This vacation mode is really needed. I see people quitting playing because they need a break and knowing that by the time they come back, all sentient, mana, seeds are gone, they quit entirely.

Please please please, tell devs to find a way to give us a break time/ vacation/ freezing mode ... whatever name could have ... PLEASE!!!!!

Earwen1

I am with @Alcaro in this.
Now lockdowns are lifted in many places, people will start travelling again this summer.
This freeze-option would come in just the right time.

Hazel Caballus

I wonder if we could get any news on this one. 2020 is some time ago already…
Has the idea actually been forwarded to the devs or did it fail the CM voting round? If it has indeed been forwarded, do they still consider implementing a vacation mode or did they recject the idea altogether?

Alcaro

I still dream for a proper "holiday mode".
daydreaming.gif

Amy Steele

Forum/QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
Has the idea actually been forwarded to the devs or did it fail the CM voting round?
As far as I am aware, currently all 'forwarded' ideas are forwarded for the CMs to vote on. Whether this was what also happened previously, I do not know. However, please be aware that even for ideas forwarded to our development team there is no guarantee they will be implemented, nor is there any mechanism for discovering which have been rejected, or accepted, until or unless the idea is implemented in the game

Hazel Caballus

As far as I am aware, currently all 'forwarded' ideas are forwarded for the CMs to vote on. Whether this was what also happened previously, I do not know. However, please be aware that even for ideas forwarded to our development team there is no guarantee they will be implemented, nor is there any mechanism for discovering which have been rejected, or accepted, until or unless the idea is implemented in the game
Thank you for your answer.

While here on Beta we don’t get any further information about what happens to our “ideas and suggestions”, this is indeed possible on other Elvenar forums.

Please have a short look at this “ideas” thread from the US forum, for example.
In this example, the community got informed about wether the idea passed the CM voting round (yes) and ultimately also that the devs rejected the idea. It would be awesome if we could get just parts of this info here on Beta, too.

If you are not yet convinced that this is possible, please have a look at the German Elvenar forum:
The ideas section there got separated in “archive”, “waiting loop” and “forwarded and approved ideas”. The waiting loop contains all ideas which initially failed the CM voting but will be put forward again at another time. All ideas which ultimately failed the CM voting or got rejected by devs go to the archive. Ideas which passed the CM voting go to the “forwarded and approved” folder and get eventually updated if will be implemented.

Biloutte91

uh, this idea is in the "approved" section. it has therefore (if I'm not mistaken) been approved by the developers.

Capture d’écran 2023-04-27 210509.png

but it may very well be applied only in ..... 6 months or in a few years......

Jaxom

As the originator of this idea I am quite happy to see that people are still interested.
Would have been great for me to have this last year when I took a 3+ week trip. I would have been happy to pay some diamonds to keep my decaying goods in place.

The lack of 'holiday mode' makes me hope that the developers are working hard on something good that will come out this fall. My next long trip comes up in late June and I am hoping that Chapter 21 does not come out until I return. That way I won't get interrupted and lose the stuff that I build up at the start of the exciting new chapter.

Lovec Krys

Well, you know, for every suggestion: even if it gets to the dev team, there is no guarantee that it will be implemented. Devs implement whatever they want and throw into the dustbin any of our suggestions they don't want to implement (for whatever reason they have).

Reina del mar

I know. I also know that no serious game developer will ignore players requests. That is why I am asking: what is the progress on this request? Question to INNO: maybe gather the opinions of all servers will help you take the right decision for your customers? Organise a short poll and decide based on asnwers.