• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Implemented [User Interface] Suggestion: In-Game Links to wiki and forum

DeletedUser

The Beta homepage for Elvenar currently includes a link to the Wiki. However, there is currently no link in-game. Additionally, when accessing the support ticket interface a popup comes on screen which suggests the forum as an alternate means of seeking assistance. This would be a good place to put a wiki reference as well.

SUGGESTION:
1, Allowing the Wiki to be referenced via the settings menu by clicking the gear icon at the bottom-right of the game interface. Currently the forum is not included here either, so it could be implemented as well.
2. When attempting to access the support tool's ticket system, the game prompts the user to either seek help on the forums or to continue on submitting a ticket. Currently, there is no present option here to view the Wiki. I believe that adding the wiki link (hopefully with these beautiful graphics) here would be in the best interests of the community.
3. Right-clicking in the game interface opens up a drop-down menu which accesses various links; Support, Forum, Facebook Fanpage, and Inno's home page. Adding a link to the wiki here would also be very easy and very helpful.

REASONS:
1. My first suggestion may seem unnecessary with my third suggestion, however players - especially those playing on tablets - prefer full website's displays (sometimes even over mobile apps). This removes the option to right-click or can make the process "clunky". In order to persist with the intuitive design of Elvenar, I believe providing this redundant failsafe is necessary.
2. It could help players while also avoiding unnecessary strain on the mod-team and support staff. [I am speaking from experience as an In-Game Moderator on another of Inno's games] Referring players to a Wiki database is pretty commonplace as a moderator, providing an easy method of this beforehand could be invaluable.
3. This is just for convenience. The other links are there, so why not the wiki?

CONCLUSION:
I think these suggestions will improve the overall intuitive design of Elvenar. Generally they are small improvements, but that is after all why we have the Beta phase. I hope this can be implemented and welcome criticism on my suggestions.

Thanks.

DeletedUser

Didn't realize there was a wiki until I saw this thread. I think this is a good idea :)

... also agree it is a bit odd having the only forum link being in the support menu.

DeletedUser

Didn't realize there was a wiki until I saw this thread. I think this is a good idea :)

... also agree it is a bit odd having the only forum link being in the support menu.
You can still reach the forum by right-clicking in the interface and selecting "Forum"

DeletedUser

Oh good to know that wiki already exists. I didn't know that :)
So of course links to the wiki in game should be added.

DeletedUser

I think too the wiki link is missing :
Gear icon -> Question mark : forum + support + wiki

UP one week later : did you make a decision ? I'm tired googling "wiki elvenar" each time I need info (and my browser already has tons of shortcuts)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

The idea lives! I still would like to see this idea implemented. Would be very valuable in both the long and short term. I hotkeyed the page to my browser's quickbar, but for many players - this is simply not an option. (And I would like to have that quickbar spot freed up for the original link I used beforehand)

DeletedUser43

The idea of a Wiki link in three locations (1. Settings menu, Support window, 2. Support Tool, 3. Right-click window of options in the game interface) has been forwarded. Hopefully, this idea will help more players to discover the Elvenar Wiki. :)

DeletedUser

It's good news it has been forwarded 8 months ago, but the link is still not there. Looks like user interface enhancement has a low priority, even if it's a five minutes job. I'm a little deceived.