• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Implemented [User Interface] Please bring back the numbers fulfilled on the quests

DeletedUser651

When collecting supplies on the quests it used to say I had collected x/x number of supplies so I knew how many I had left. It didn't show up for me today, just a sliding scale with no numbers on it. It is much better knowing how many supplies exactly you need to complete the quest.

ealf9g.jpg

I am also having the same issue on the number of coins. On the Gain 50,000 coins quest, no longer does it show how many coins you have gained so far. All it shows is a sliding scale bar.

Merged your posts into 1. Try to use the edit button next time, thank you. Regards, Goryn.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser778

Yep now you have to mouseover the bar, or the questgiver icon to see the exact amount, maybe I am used to look at the numbers in the quest page and will get used to mouseover the questgiver icon in the future, but right now it feels wrong.

DeletedUser651

I don't think that many players will know that you can mouseover the questgiver icon. Not to mention, trying to read those numbers is a lot harder now. Seeing black type on a beige background is a lot clearer than the white font you see when you mouseover the icons.

DeletedUser

It's not so difficult to arrive understanding this little changement :rolleyes:

DeletedUser651

Alexander, would you please explain to me why they changed it? Because I do have difficulty understand why they would make this change.

DeletedUser

I'm not inside the brain of Elvenar developers, but I believe this change is not the end of the world. That's all :)

Obviously, it's only mu simple and personal opinion ;)

Please try not to post multiple times in a row, but use the edit button instead, thank you. Regards, Goryn.

DeletedUser651

My point was that the old way was better and I think they should return to it.

The end of the world notwithstanding, do you prefer it the new way or the old way?

DeletedUser

Sincerely, I'm neutral about this changement

I'm curious to read other opinions...:)

Merged your posts for the same reason as the previous one in this thread. Regards, Goryn.

DeletedUser118

I would also like to see the numbers return as it just is easier to catch up on how many parts of the quest I have already fullfild. And I agree that a new player might be confused about it.

This change was made in order to make space in the window to display the full objective texts. The numbers are not gone, but are simply moved: you can hover your mouse over the progress bar to see the numbers. Also hovering the portrait of the questgiver shows the numbers.

We could consider making the progress bar shorter (but this may make it a bit harder to read), in order to move back the numbers. Would this be a welcome change for you, should we make it like that? Note: this is not guaranteed to be changed, we are gathering your feedback before making any decisions.

DeletedUser118

How about adding them underneath the quest giver picture?

If not possible I would like to see them return behind the progress bar. Its easier to understand for newbies how far they are with the quest. :)

DeletedUser

How about adding them underneath the quest giver picture?

If not possible I would like to see them return behind the progress bar. Its easier to understand for newbies how far they are with the quest. :)

+1
Yes, I agree and hope, the numbers will be visible soon again.

DeletedUser

I'd prefer a somewhat shorter progress bar if that returned the numbers :)
For then you can see how far you are at a quick glance instead of having to hover over the bar deliberately.

And err... that small, nearly invisible square behind the progress bar... was that supposed to be the question or information mark? :) If so, then it's not displaying correctly anymore, lol.
PS: you can just about see it in the screenie posted by OP.

DeletedUser

I'd prefer a somewhat shorter progress bar if that returned the numbers :)
For then you can see how far you are at a quick glance instead of having to hover over the bar deliberately.

And err... that small, nearly invisible square behind the progress bar... was that supposed to be the question or information mark? :) If so, then it's not displaying correctly anymore, lol.
PS: you can just about see it in the screenie posted by OP.

This square is checked when the quest is solved.

DeletedUser

But with numbers we do not need a square and check?
I prefer the counter over the square to know when the quest is done.
Or how about writing the numbers IN the progress bar in a lighter color? It looks big enough for that.

You could also shorten the progress bar to make space for a counter. The counter gives precise information and that should be enough to compensate for a shorter progress bar.

DeletedUser651

For me: I don't care about the check box on the right. I could live without that.
On my screen I have a lot of dead space underneath the progress bar, if it is like that on all resolutions, then couldn't the numbers go there?
I could also care less about how long the progress bar is.

What care about more is bringing back the numbers.