• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

New Game Features Useless shards

• Thread starter DeletedUser1345
  • Start date

DeletedUser1345

We are all familiar with the classic fairy tale in which this poor girl is treated cruelly by her wicked step-mother. Her step-sisters destroy the gown she was going to wear to the royal ball. Thing make a turn for the better when she is able to complete the second rune circle for the Mountain Halls, allowing it to be leveled up further.
Sadly, the story takes a turn for the worse. Completing provinces continues to provide rune shards that have no practical use. It would be very useful if players are given the option of being able to break them so rune shards can be used for other wonders.
While it is possible that new wonder levels may be offered, I don't see new Dwarven wonder levels being offered until the Elvenar themselves are offered as a visiting race. Even so, when that happens, rune shards can be gained with the usual methods. Perhaps rune shards can be used as a substitute when filling a wonder with KP. One shard could be worth 10 KP in the wonder of the same type.
There are two things that can be done with what are, or will become a useless commodity.
With relics for spells being offered, they may include a purpose for non-boosting relics. Wonders give a use for KP, while waiting for the next visiting race, so useless commodities being gained are something that the developers want to address.

DeletedUser

I fully agree. For now people can do only one thing: build wonder, destroy it and again gather broken runes for wonder they are willing to have. And from observation of my brotherhood chances for runes aren't equal, as they should be, so 25% when elvish/human and dwarven are discovered. Typically elvish/human runes drop few times more often from finishing province than dwarven runes. So gathering runes for dwarven wonders is simply pain in the part where backs are loosing their precious name ;)

DeletedUser1463

On Winyandor I conquered 30 provinces after I unlocked the Dwarven AW technology. These netted me 17 Elven runes (10 Martial Monastery and 7 Crystal Lighthouse) and 13 Dwarven runes (9 Dwarven Bulwark and 4 Mountain Halls). We would need a LOT more data to confirm any bias. Statistically one cannot expect a 25% chance for a certain rune type to result in 1 rune every 4 attempts, there is randomness involved.

DeletedUser1075

I think the point is that we'd like to break the runes that are useless to us into shards. My martial monastery is level 7 and rising, and I have 4 runes for it. I can never use those runes. Why not let me choose to break them into shards?