• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

User Interface Use a lighter red for Unscouted Costs

DeletedUser867

LighterRed.png
This is more text related than
any sort of bug, but it should
be fairly easy to adjust.

Could you use a lighter red for the
text in the unscouted widget and
in the associated tooltip?

No matter how I tune the colors
on my monitor, dark red on
dark brown is tough to see.

Last edited by a moderator:
Moved to the Ideas and Suggestions section, as this is a change request rather than a text error (or bug). That said, are more people of the same opinion as Katwijk? :)

DeletedUser

Of course, the number is hard to read because there is not enough contrast between the semi-transparent brown and the red, so, have one darker or the other lighter, or use more 'distant' hues, this is just basic ergonomy. I agree something has to be done.
this is just basic ergono

DeletedUser519

I agree the red number is hard to read
But the number is only red when you don't have enough gold to pay your scout
So you cant pick that province to scout anyway
If you have enough gold the number is white and it is not a problem to see

DeletedUser867

I'm charting the scouting costs, and pushing through the sectors as fast as I can afford to do so, so the FUTURE costs, the dark red ones which become available immediately after I activate the current scout, ARE the numbers that I'm interested in.

More broadly, unless you plan to acquire some sectors or visit the neighbors, there's no point in coming back to the world map UNTIL you have enough coins for your next scout, so the "don't have enough money yet" state is probably the MOST important one, for planning purposes.

DeletedUser519

The FUTURE costs are not always red they can also be white they are red only if you don't have enough gold in M.H.
When you have enough gold the numbers you are looking for are white and are easier to see
I guess that isn't good enough for some people