• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Not a Bug Upgraded residences don't produce coins until login

DeletedUser43

I don't know if anyone else has the same problem, but I noticed it twice, so I thought I should report it here.

I like to upgrade my residences at night, because I thought the residence would start to produce coins as soon as the upgrade was finished. (As opposed to the workshops, which you have to click on before it produces any supplies.) But I noticed that the residences I've upgraded the night before, don't have any coins in them when I login. They only start to produce the coins after I've logged in.

General Description
What I expect to happen: When the upgrade of a residence is finished, the residence starts to produce coins automatically.
What actually happened: An upgraded residence only starts producing coins when the player logs in.
How often has this happened: I conciously noticed it twice. Maybe it happened more times, but I haven't always paid attention to it.

Reproduction Steps
1. Upgrade one of your residences
2. Don't check the game until a few hours after the upgrade is finished.
3. See: your other residences have coins in them, but your upgraded residence just started to produce coins the second you logged in.

Player information
Name: Lauwi
World: ZZ1
Operating System: Windows 7
Browser and version: Chrome 40.0.2214.94 m
Screen resolution: 1366x768

DeletedUser

Yea, I get the same issue. I'd imagine it is because they are the only production building that would get to auto-produce after an upgrade if it worked the way that you (and I) expected.

DeletedUser285

It happened to me as well. They started producing after moving the residence to a different location and then back.

DeletedUser

Happily finally I read this thread - I was just going to post a duplicate....

I will add some information, because this happened to me under slightly different circumstances:
The upgrade of my residence finished, while I was visiting the world map (I heard the indicating sound). After returning to the city the upgraded building highlighted, when hovering, but no tooltip was shown and it was not clickable (also no coin will show over the building after 5 minutes or longer). To get the coin production started I had to relog (I didn't try moving the building - reading this from Arcael makes me remember a similar bug in FoE).

What I expected to happen:
The coin production of an upgraded residence starts immediately, when upgrading is finished.

What actually happened:
The coin production didn't start, while viewing the world map, neither after returning to the city

How often has this happened:
Quite a few times that I realised it, I remember at least 3 relogs I did because of this issue

Reproduction Steps:
1.Start an upgrade of a residence
2.Before the upgrade is finished, view the worldmap
3.When the upgrade is finished (you may wait for the indicating sound), return to the city and hover the upgraded building

Player Name: methusu
World: zz1 (Beta)
Operating System: Linux Ubuntu 12.04
Browser and Version: Google Chrome 40.0.2214.94
Screen Resolution: 1920x1280

Edit: Moving the residence for me doesn't work

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser136

It happened to me, too... started 2 housing upgrades and logged out to go to work. I just logged back in and the two that had finished upgrading while I was gone had no coins.

Amy Steele

Forum/QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
Thanks folks :)

As regards the op, as far as I am aware, this is a normal game mechanic and not a bug, Residences that complete their building while you are offline do not start to produce coin until you log in. I will try to confirm this.

The issue reported by methusu where residences do not start to produce coin if they complete while you are visiting the worldmap (or otherwise out of your city) may be a bug. Again I will check this out.

DeletedUser

I' m quite sure that in the past after logging in I was able to collect coins from overnight-upgraded residences, but today I also wasn't.

DeletedUser18

I have not been able to reproduce this while visiting the map, just an update.

DeletedUser278

For the first issue, buildings not producing until logging back on, this is also intended behavior on Forge of Empires. So I can imagine it's deliberately made like that here as well.

As for the other issue, I haven't really noticed it happening after going somewhere specific, like the world map, although that could be very possible, but I did notice specifically level 3 houses having a problem not producing after being done upgrading. I noticed this a first time late at night, they didn't produce, and I couldn't click on them either. After actually closing my browser and shutting of my computer to go sleep, it didn't do anything until I came back the next morning. It happened more then once, where they didn't produce, and I couldn't open the pop-up by clicking on it. I found I had to refresh to get it to react again. So when trying to reproduce, try using the upgrade to level 3 houses.

DeletedUser285

It happened to me few more times - last time was a steel manufacturer. I was online all the time (but I visited the world map while upgrading took place). Since it was a production buildings, I was expecting to see the "Zz" sign, but it was absent, as if the building was producing. When I clicked on the building, the popup window didn't come up; refreshing the game fixes the issue, I was able to start a new production cycle.

Amy Steele

Forum/QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
Update: As regards the op (upgraded residential buildings not starting production until you log in) this is not a bug, therefore I am moving this thread to that subforum.

As regards the issue in post #4, I believe this is a bug. I am therefore copying methusu's post to a new thread. If you have experienced the issue with upgraded residentials not starting to produce coin when you are on the world map, please post in the new thread.