• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Duplicate Upgradeable trader to make wholesaler cheaper

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser651

Problem: If you buy goods from the "wholesaler" they are frightfully expensive even by this game's standards. If I offer a 1 to 1 trade with another player it is called a "fair offer". If I offer a 2 to 1 trade with another player it is called an expensive offer. But the wholesaler sells at 5 to 1! That is extremely expensive. I understand the reason is so that you will go out and explore the world, but what it really does is keep you stuck and unable to explore because you can't get further in the research tree so you can't upgrade the troops to be able to explore the world. Plus, you are really at a bad disadvantage if you play in a sector that doesn't have that many people to trade with....or some people just want to play a game where they are self sufficient.

Solution: Have a way to upgrade the trader so that the wholesaler will offer goods at a less expensive price. Maybe a 10% discount if you upgrade the first time, 15% the second time....then going all the way up to a 50% discount maximum. These discounts are from the current prices. So, 10% off the 5 to 1 price. Even at the maximum 50% off discount, (which translates to getting goods from the trader at 2.5 to 1), it would still be a lot cheaper to trade goods with your neighbors, but at least it wouldn't be such a nightmare.

Ex: Buying tier one goods costs 8000 coins to get 20 goods. With the trader upgrade you could buy those goods for 10% less...so buying 20 goods would only cost you 7200 coins...still expensive...just less so. Or if you chose to trade goods for goods, instead of paying 100 goods to get 20 goods, you would only have to pay 90 goods to get the 20 goods.

You would have research tree options to get to upgrade the trader further just as you do with barracks.

I am envisioning that this wouldn't be cheap and each successive upgrade would be more expensive than the last. So you would have to decide, do I want to spend a lot of money now making the wholesaler cheaper later, or do I just want to buy the goods I need and forget about it for now.

This way there would still be the incentive to find your neighbors, but it would give a reason to upgrade the trading building and it would make it easier to buy things from the wholesaler in case your neighborhood is devoid of a certain good and everyone needs to buy all the stuff they need.

DeletedUser43

The idea of an upgradable trader has been suggested in this thread (click). While the mentioned benefits from upgrading the trader aren't the same, I'd still like to ask you to post your idea in the referred thread to keep the Ideas Forum more clear. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.