• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Not a Bug Upgrade for Tier 2 Production possible without research

DeletedUser

General Description (Overview):
I am playing elves, have a boost on silk and am currently working on the Ents in the research tree. Obviously, I have not yet researched the advanced silk/crystal/scroll factories but am able to upgrade some buildings anyways which appears wrong to me.
My silk factories are on level 3 and when trying to upgrade I am told that I need to do some research before the next upgrade. My scroll factory is on level 3 too, but an upgrade to level 4 would be possible anytime if I wanted. My crystal factory is even on level 4 already and an upgrade to level 5 also appears to be allowed.

What I expected to happen: All 3 factories can only be upgraded until level 3, for further levels, research is needed.
What actually happened:
I can upgrade 2 of the 3 goods beyond level 3 without advanced factory research.

Not sure if that is intended by the gameplay or if I can only upgrade the buildings due to a bug...

Player Name: Schoki00

World: Beta

DeletedUser

No bug, you can update all tier2 goods to lev5. Advanced factories begin at lev6.

DeletedUser

Ok thanks for the feedback, but if that should be the case for all three tier2 goods, why cant I update my silk factories beyond level 3?

DeletedUser

I'm assuming, it's another issue of building space. An advanced building research always seems to rise the needed building space, along with a significant output increase. As the original silk factory is smaller than the scrolls factory, 4 perhaps is the chosen level to equal the needed space. I have no idea, why this is not the case for the crystal factory and whether there is an output compensation for the silk factory, I don't have built any of these.

DeletedUser

hmmm...i saw this by mouseover in research before i activated silk factory. I only assumed that is was valid for all tier2 goods.
Sorry for the incorrect information

DeletedUser236

My silk factories are on level 3 and when trying to upgrade I am told that I need to do some research before the next upgrade. My scroll factory is on level 3 too, but an upgrade to level 4 would be possible anytime if I wanted.

It seems like you can upgrade the boosted goods manufactury to a lower level compared with the other goods manufactories (with the same research level). Maybe this is because of the boost you have for it? Not sure about this though, maybe someone else can confirm? :)

DeletedUser

i got the same problem, cant upgrade silk factory from lvl 3 to 4. it says i need to research. crystal and scrolls factorys can be upgraded from lvl3 to 4 /lvl 4 to 5.

DeletedUser317

In my tech tree, when i unlocked the tier 2 factories says, Crystal can be from 1-3, Scrools from 1-5 and silk from 1-3.
I playing with elves and my boosted good is scrools and i can upgrade only to lvl 5 further upgrade need research, infortunaly i not build cristal or silk factories to confirm the levels limit.

DeletedUser136

I've got sort of the same thing happening... I can not upgrade silk (my boosted good) from level 7 to level 8 without research being required, but I can upgrade both my scrolls and my crystal from level 7 to level 8 without it.

I would think they would all have the same leveling requirements, but it seems the research is only required for the boosted good at this moment. If it's not a bug, the only explanation is we don't need the research because we can't produce enough non-boosted goods as it is.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser629

The reason why you can upgrade certain buildings to a higher level before you need to research advanced factories, is because of the size of the buildings. For elves, the size of the scrolls factories change after level 5, the silk factory gets bigger after level 3, and the crystal factory gets bigger after level 6 Same with Tinker's silk factory, which requires more space, while scrolls can be upgraded to level 9, and crystal even to level 10 before you will need superior manufactories researched.

You can check the sizes here

https://beta.wiki.elvenar.com/index.php?title=Goods

summary: scrolls first research level 1-5. advanced 6-9. superior 10-15
silk first research level 1-3. advanced 4-7. superior 8-15
crystal first research level 1-6. advanced 7-10. superior 11-15

This goes for Elvish manufactories only, the human ones have different sizes, will add those later on.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser136

I still like my answer of "the only explanation is we don't need the research because we can't produce enough non-boosted goods as it is"

:)