• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Not a Bug Update announced on screen with link to beta forum

Dorfl the Clay

Game version: v1.176-beta.5-(df60604) - html5 (2023-05-09 13:58)
Game world: Beta 1
Browser/IOS/Android + version: Firefox 112.02.2 (64 bits)

Operating System or Mobile Device: Windows 10
Screen resolution: 1680x1050
Account name: Dorfl the Clay
Humans or Elves: Elf

Reproducibility: 1/5 = happened once, today at 8:00 am GMT

Current situation:
On screen an announcement appeared about a coming game update, with link to the beta forum for information, but on the beta forum there is no information about a pending update available, nor about the update itself

Expected situation:
Updates are announced on beta first with time, date and information about the upcoming update

Reproduction Steps

1. Happened only once, then the announcement disappeared and no update followed or happened, can't reproduce

Last edited:

Enevhar Aldarion

Yes, this happened many times in the past couple of years and there is never an active link to be directed to. I think this is just a default message that shows at the top of the game screen in the 8-10 minutes before players are kicked out of the game and the update starts. It is annoying, but I never reported it before.

Dorfl the Clay

I think this is just a default message that shows at the top of the game screen in the 8-10 minutes before players are kicked out of the game and the update starts.
My 'bug' report was not only to point out that the link led to no information, but also that the announced update never happened. Until now, every time I saw this 'headsup' in the past, the link did lead to information on an impending update and an update did take place!