• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Upcoming Tournament Changes (pre-release)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lovec Krys

@HolyElf In the short term maybe, but in the long run they might not be so eager to spend or even play when they see that the more they advance the more unplayable the game becomes.
And I don't thing that army of players forever in Orc chapter will pay anything.

CrazyWizard

Probably that might even benefit the company. I guess mid gamers are more potential buyers as they see something ahead than end gamers.

I think you are quite wong there, the biggest spenders are whales.
Blue cities like this arent beginners or mid gamers
1594477358067.png

1594477447693.png

DeletedUser3289

I would be more than glad if I am wrong and tournament personal rewards doesn’t get nerfed. (Spire formula is accurate + scary )

Ashrem

Overall, I lean towards liking the changes. My initial concern is that people who only have a couple of days a week to fulfill their tournament commitment to their team, and got it by doing 40 or 50 provinces two deep, will be paying through the nose to continue doing so. That could be offset a little by making the challenge rise more parabolic instead of a straight angle.

I'm not sure I support others that making the goods more random is removing strategy. It will certainly simplify it, as long as the goods requirements are sufficiently random across the necessary sample size that users can count on using close to the same number of each tier of goods. That makes the new strategy to accumulate an even stockpile instead of an uneven one.

I'm not a fan of rearranging the way opponent squad sizes are calculated. That's where I feel we are being penalized. People have put a huge effort into making their cities good at fighting tournaments for three years, and now you're not only wiping out much of that planning, but adding penalties for past work. We have no way to go back and un-level our wonders. This acts as a straight-up punishment for doing what worked best. That's a bad way to treat players.

CrazyWizard

@HolyElf In the short term maybe, but in the long run they might not be so eager to spend or even play when they see that the more they advance the more unplayable the game becomes.
And I don't thing that army of players forever in Orc chapter will pay anything.

My prediction is that under current the new tournament rules the best tournament cities will be elves, in the ors chapter using the smallest possible city something small like this and nothing more
1594478511331.png

DeletedUser3289

Last spire, on c16 city completing all 3 levels on spire, with 2x da : I lost 20% of the troops sent to battle. (192 squads). Not difficult battles but losses due to huge spire squad size.
And I get 6.875 days of instants(chests). If I train 30 squads a day without bear that’s 206 squads.
Spire cost escalation, almost breaks even with the troops spent.

If (and only if) spire like squad sizes start appearing in tourney 20-30+ provinces, it’s definitely a demotivating factor.

PS : I train more than 30/day. But just trying to highlight the issue.

eltina

there is a lot of negativity about the new tournament before it starts.
I have a hard time battle in the spire.
I never get the top.
so the only thing I hope is that battle in tournament will not be as difficult as in the spire.
I will look forward to next week and then I will have to comment when I have tried the new tournament.

DeletedUser2236

It will be interesting to see how it looks in real life, but i agree some of it sounds good and some bad.
If implemented poorly then it could see the biggest wave of veteran players leaving i think.

Yogi Dave

I see that the same elements that are used in the spire squad size computation are in play, but I must have missed the part about it being the same formula or even near the same one. Is that just speculation based on what Inno has done before?

Dony

King of Bugs
spire difficulty at map 3 is at province 9 round 1 as seen on images posted, everything after that is harder in tournament, double/triple more suqad sizes on enemy side (if i ignore the fact that in spire its 2 and 3 waves and you know what you are doing)
in sort, spire difficutly was much easier then this

Dony

King of Bugs
Is that just speculation based on what Inno has done before?
they show in the video exactly what affects it, expansions, boosts, research and AWs, there is no denying it will be exactly the same with 1 difference, how scaling from province to province will look like, but that will be linear as before (5% of SS up until now)

DeletedUser724

Super bad change

1. 1 fight instead of 4 fight in each province
enemy 1 hit, our loss will be much much greater..
our soldier can substain 1 to 4 hit b4 it gone
we do not like squad-size tech becos it increase army size
the new change ..INCREASE ARMY SIZE

there are tons of event quests related with solving "amount of encounter"
combining 4 encounter into 1 encounter will have a SUPER BIG PROBLEM

I mainly use "auto-fight", I do not think the amount of mouse-click is a big problem

This new amendment may have a chance greatly reduce mouse click as u do not need any mouse click as all your soldier already in hell b4 u use mouse to click ...BATTLE_OVER

2. battle-diffculties....completely non-sense
It is not all fellowship member doing a lot of provinces....
Big player may need to extend their provinces beyond 20 ...30 or even 40 in order to help fellowship to reach higher chest
The change in battle-diffculties has no impact to those "member who do not do a lot of provinces", they may just play in order to share all chests obtained, they may just do less than 300 points, the change in battles-diffculties will never give them any motivate to do more...
Increasing provinces with related battle-difficult will just kill big player and he cannot continue to do more provinces

This just KILL all fellowship who has problem in reaching chest 10. Today they can get chest 7, Tomorrom, they may stuck in chest 4 to 5

3. enemy type more random...
we want SIMPLE...some player do not find their SIMPLE soldier pattern.
SIMPLE means less time <--which is the most important for all player
we do not want to spend un-necessary time to handle
we have our city building, 5 min, 15 mins.....etc collection to handle
we also playing various game worlds with beta world
Having find our "soldier pattern" to handle most provinces of a type of tournament
we just set it to go with "auto fight"

Inno , now, pull our leg... every time, we need to study enemy soldier type and select proper soldier
carry out manual fight, wasting our time.....
WE DO NOT HAVE TIME ...it make tournament harder and harder

Verde

If these changes don't pan out, always an option to return to a basic city-building game ... ignore Spire, tournaments, events.
Not ideal, but it is an option.

Dony

King of Bugs
This just KILL all fellowship who has problem in reaching chest 10. Today they can get chest 7, Tomorrom, they may stuck in chest 4 to 5
fighting 8 provinces to 6 round should be easier based on images (you will have higher looses due highers our squad size if player wrongly or barely any looses if played properly), so 10 chest should be easier to get, we will see how negotiation will rise up
all this changes are for provinces 20+ for hardcore players

palmira

I really don't like these changes, from what I see, basically we will have 1 fighting feature on the game, played on the spire and the tourney, both penalizing the paying players for having bought expansions. I am OK here but live tourneys will be much more difficult if the spire is a prelude of what will happen. And how can we decide which temporary building to use if the troops are aleatory?

Dony

King of Bugs
Also i am wondering how passing ideas go to developers, we had a poll on this forums about 1 encounter which didnt had enough votes, and yet it got to developers and they implemented it, now the question is why bother with voting on ideas and not just pass all of them to devs through feedback? They will do whatever they want anyway.

DeletedUser1953

If you change tournament, can you suppress/reduce competitive reward, for example, now, the first player has 1000 ranking pt => a formula like the point tournament/10, it is very boring to do the end of tournament every time at sat 21.45-22.00 (CET).

CrazyWizard

Also i am wondering how passing ideas go to developers, we had a poll on this forums about 1 encounter which didnt had enough votes, and yet it got to developers and they implemented it, now the question is why bother with voting on ideas and not just pass all of them to devs through feedback? They will do whatever they want anyway.

It could have been passed on from another server.

Most epic changes ever! Finally not punished for squad upgrades!

Yeah instead we get punished in other ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.