• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Research unit promotion names

DeletedUser1362

as I see the new era a new question popped.

But b4 I start i must say 1 thing: This topic is about naming tech tree not about statistics.

Are Developpers without ideas for names? Why graphics and names for units cant change?
What i mean is:
Sword dancer, Sword dancer I, Sword dancer II, etc...

Developers, would it kill you to name units diffrently with diffrent graphical layout for units?
Sword dancer -> Swirling Sword -> Swordmaster, etc?

and to each name graphic would change acordingly to its name.
I think its way better then current system.

DeletedUser43

The unit names will change when you research the second promotion of the unit (in the Dwarven chapter of the research tree). The new unit names will be:
  • Human: Storm Barbarian, Blessed Paladin
  • Elven: Sword Acrobat, Steel Golem
We hope you like these new names! :D

To come back to your idea: are you happy with this name change, or would you like for the change to happen earlier (with the first promotion of the unit)? In other words: do you want a name change for e.g. Sword Dancer II / Axe Barbarian II as well?

DeletedUser1362

u dont get what im saying
in the reserch tree the REASERCH name is: Palladin, Palladin I, Palladin II
Would it be hatrd torename the reserch tree name for sth else? like i proposed?

DeletedUser

Caelian is right. How hard is it to rename the research box to storm barbarian instead of barbarian II.

DeletedUser967

Agree with you guys. In my opinion names like Axe Barbarian I, Axe Barbarian II etc (imagine 10 next promotions to Axe Barbarians X ? - I don't) doesn't make sense. You should make new names for EACH promotion of each unit - it is not hard to do - I KNOW IT IS NOT trust me ;)

You have 2 options in this case, or think and do it yourself IG or let us to make names for each promotion and you can choose the best and other make yourself. Maybe you think it is good for actual stage but if you still want to make new promotions instead new units then imagine situation when some next promotion will be Axe Barbarian XVIII or XXXVIII - big OMG - too long.

:rolleyes:

DeletedUser629

Agree with you guys. In my opinion names like Axe Barbarian I, Axe Barbarian II etc (imagine 10 next promotions to Axe Barbarians X ? - I don't) doesn't make sense. You should make new names for EACH promotion of each unit - it is not hard to do - I KNOW IT IS NOT trust me ;)

You have 2 options in this case, or think and do it yourself IG or let us to make names for each promotion and you can choose the best and other make yourself. Maybe you think it is good for actual stage but if you still want to make new promotions instead new units then imagine situation when some next promotion will be Axe Barbarian XVIII or XXXVIII - big OMG - too long.

:rolleyes:

They changed the name of the axe barbarian to storm barbarian, so you don't have to worry about axe barbarian X ;)

DeletedUser967

Goryn true but only for dwarven promotion, we still have Axe Barbarian I and II. Why do not change these names too? And not only for AB but for each unit. :(

DeletedUser283

indeed, the problem is not with the name of the unit in the barracks once it has been successfully researched, but rather with the name of the research item itself :)

DeletedUser

It is ridiculous that I have axe barbarian II and paladin II now I think of it. Please change it all research and barracks. My men are veterans by now

DeletedUser967

I know it is game but I think everyone want some reality in games, imagine when you running on battlefield during some war and you scream: Human I and Human II come back! Human XXXVIII fire! <- I can't imagine :p

DeletedUser867

Yeah, and who ever heard of the 101st Airborne, or the Big Red 1, or V Corp, or the Third Army, or the Seventh Fleet?

DeletedUser283

@Katwijk, it is different;
numbering divisions and regiments in an army is just a way of identifying them
what we are talking about is "sword dancer", then "sword dancer 2.0" then "sword dancer 3.0" in the research menu instead of giving these new units different names, like the names they finally get in the barracks :)

DeletedUser778

Don't forget all the Terminators:
T-70, T-400, T-500, T-Infinity, T-600, T-700, T-800, T-888, T-900, T-950, T-1000, T-1001, T-1002, T-XA ... :D
http://terminator.wikia.com/wiki/Terminator.
Oh and King Phillip II and III of spain, Louis XIV of france, ...

I have no problem with how it is right now, because it's plain and simple, but I wouldn't mind if it will be changed. ;)

DeletedUser967

@Katwijk, it is different;
numbering divisions and regiments in an army is just a way of identifying them
what we are talking about is "sword dancer", then "sword dancer 2.0" then "sword dancer 3.0" in the research menu instead of giving these new units different names, like the names they finally get in the barracks :)
No, it is not different. But okay, when you are in work, you use "John come here" or "Worker XXII come here" ? :confused:

DeletedUser778

Some other trivial stuff:
150px-Elves_sworddancer.png
All fine here
200px-Elves_SwordDancerII.png
No more Swords but 2 emty scabbards... looks like SD II goes hand to hand combat...
200px-Elf_sword_upgraded2_big.png
One big sword looking like a blunt weapon, but 2 scabbards that look not really made to carry such a big weapon.

Looks like the designers don't know realism :p

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser967

Last design - maybe this sword reduce size while hiding to scabbard? - maybe designers don't know realism or WE don't know fantasy? :confused::confused:

Hard to guess :cool: