• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

City Unify AncWonders maximum production time and allow "early collection"

Prueba2

Hi,

- A good description of the suggestion (extensive, well described, what other game features would it influence and how, who would benefit from it etc)
Right now there are different production time frames for different AncWonders (Golden abyss => 3h, Endless excavation => 24h , Maze of Dark Matter => 3h, Elvenar Trade Center => 12h, ...) which make them quite difficult to collect efficiently (in some cases , GA and Maze, will always lose 5-8 hours of production EACH NIGHT)
My suggestion would be to put as maximum production time 24h for ALL of them and allow early collection after 6-8h.

- A motivation for the suggestion (so what would be the added value?)
It is quite frustating to lose mana every night in the Maze and having to be on schedule with Endless excavation to avoid losing one day production...
Some event buildings already have this feature, so it is not something completelly new, and also taking into account the amoun of effort, resources and timer required to upgraded the AncWonders, they should be good productionwise.

- Any downsides (if there are any)
It does not seem too difficult to implment, it may required some tinkering with numbers to avoid unbalance, but this way it would easier also for new players and more forgiving with time-schedule and RealLife...

Thanks

Last edited:

SoggyShorts

23h is WAY better than 24h because otherwise, you will lose a few minutes every day until you lose an entire cycle.
But, that's not really important because while I like the idea of universal collect times because I'm lazy, IMO this won't happen.

Free-To-Play games have a very simple business model: Charge players for impatience.
One of the keys to monetization is engagement because players simply can't spend money if they aren't logged in.
If players can set their whole city to 24h and collect everything at the same time then the time spent online/number of logins per day would drop.

The other side of successful monetization is to reward engagement. While we might view the loss of coins from missing GA collections during sleep/work, they see it as rewarding players for logging in at least every 3 hours, because again, you can only spend money if you are logged in.

Prueba2

@SoggyShorts , take into account early collection is also requested, so 24h should be okay ,as you would never haver daily lag...

Bored or tired players do not log anymore... ever...

Karvest

Long production (with or without early collect) is usually way weaker than short production. I'm afraid that if they implement it - they would also nerf those buildings... The only proper "early collect" mechanic that can suits both playstyles is implemented only in trader, which has collect bonus.

Prueba2

@Karvest, I do not think they will add a collection bonus.

For me it would be enough if current Golden Abyss 100% in 3h becomes aprox 800% in 24h (early collection 3-¿6? hours)
Then current Endless Excavation 100% in 24h becomes aprox 100% in 24h (early collection 3-¿6? hours)

As stated before, I imagine this would require some minor number adjustment for balance, but it seems a good change, and also ... come on! they are AncWonders they should be GREAT! not MEH!... when I see current Maze and make some numbers Mana Sawmill seems better up to Mave lvl 11... mostly because you will get best 4-5 collections of 3h... (ok, Maze improves desintegration, but with better MSawmill efficiency this is quickly overcome...

Karvest

They won't scale it from 100%/3h to 800%/24 with early collection either. You can look at workshops/factories productions to estimate such production time increase - it would be just 250-350% per 24h or so, which would be a huge nerf of those wonders for active players.
PS: Maze would be meh even if it would be scaled to 800%/24h with early collect...

SoggyShorts

For me it would be enough if current Golden Abyss 100% in 3h becomes aprox 800% in 24h
That's asking for a huge buff.
As you have said, the normal collection means missing 5-8h, so a realistic hope would be for a change to 24h with 500% and early collection.
But that raises the problem where active players do not get an advantage, and they should.
So as @Karvest pointed out, the only fair way would be something like the trader&seeds like
300% production +50% per collect with early collect in 3h or whatever.

The bottom line is that if you are hoping to get more coins per week from your Golden Abyss, inno won't give you that.

edeba

24 hour collection on paper looks like a daily collection intention and 12 hour collection looks like a 2x per day intention. What was the libraries at 21 hours? They work out to a daily collection.

21 hours for a daily and 11 hours for a 2x daily would be a great improvement to the daily and twice daily collections. Armories should be 11 hours. Early collection for things like the Elvenar trade center, Hero's Forge and the 12 and 24 AW would be great, even if they were only an our early. I think making the Golden Abyss a 24 hour collection would be a disaster. It gives a nice amount of coin through the day and at once/day you'd have an amount of coin that would often go to overflow, and you'd need more small coin boosts for when you run out of coin.

SoggyShorts

Sorry, which ones?
The first concern:
As you pointed out, the Golden Abyss pays out every 3h but you miss 2 or 3 payouts due to sleep.
So, using round numbers:
  • Currently, you get 100 every 3 hours, but only collect 5/6 of 8 times = 500 to 600 coins per day
  • With 24h and early collection, you would get all 800 coins per day.
That is an increase of 33%, so, to keep it fair you need to reduce the GA production by 33 to 60%

The second concern:
F2P games are designed to reward you more for logging in more often.
Right now
  • A player who logs in twice per day gets 200 coins
  • A player who logs in 4x per day gets 400 coins
  • A player who logs in all the time gets 600+ coins per day
With the proposed change all players always get 800 coins per day. This reduces the incentive to log in more often which means, statistically, that players would spend diamonds less often. (it's impossible to buy diamonds if you are offline)

Prueba2

The first concern:
As you pointed out, the Golden Abyss pays out every 3h but you miss 2 or 3 payouts due to sleep.
So, using round numbers:
  • Currently, you get 100 every 3 hours, but only collect 5/6 of 8 times = 500 to 600 coins per day
  • With 24h and early collection, you would get all 800 coins per day.
That is an increase of 33%, so, to keep it fair you need to reduce the GA production by 33 to 60%

It does not seem too difficult to implment, it may required some tinkering with numbers to avoid unbalance, but this way it would easier also for new players and more forgiving with time-schedule and RealLife...

The second concern:
F2P games are designed to reward you more for logging in more often.
Right now
  • A player who logs in twice per day gets 200 coins
  • A player who logs in 4x per day gets 400 coins
  • A player who logs in all the time gets 600+ coins per day
With the proposed change all players always get 800 coins per day. This reduces the incentive to log in more often which means, statistically, that players would spend diamonds less often. (it's impossible to buy diamonds if you are offline)
I understand your logic, but I would arguee that better Wonders would make players prone to spend diamonds on upgrading them... do not you agree?
Mere More logins do not directly translate into more purchases, better rewards usually do.

Last edited:

SoggyShorts

better Wonders would make players prone to spend diamonds on upgrading them... do not you agree?
I don't think that diamond spending on wonders (which is basically KP) is a significant portion of income.
More logins do not directly translate into more purchases
In fact, it does. There have been loads and loads of studies on this.
Not terrible, but I think that understates the balance issue quite a bit. Needing to cut the production by 33 to 60% is more than "tinkering" it's a huge slash.