• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Undocumented changes

PrimroseSylvia

Seems it also has been modified in Live servers (changed with v1.153?)
In live is still present 1 pop, at least in chapter lower than 16
IQEXyMW.png
[/spolier]

Karvest

nope, it just don't show unchanged values. if you try to upgrade ch17 - ch18, it will probably show "-1" on the right side

Marindor

Hi guys,

The info I got back about this is that the population 1 was given for technical reasons that don't exist anymore. Sorry for missing this change in the Release Notes.

Laurelin-Beta

When did the weeds disappear from around the city borders, on mobile? It looks  much better this way, thanks :)
@Lelanya : I don't know if this is what you mean by 'weeds', or whether there is some other kind of 'weed-like' effect in the mobile client which the browser client still currently lacks, but I do remember something similar occurring maybe a year ago (certainly quite a while, anyway). At that time, some mobile players stated (on the EN Forum) that the foliage graphics (trees, archways, statues, bushes, etc.), which were/are usually randomly scattered around City borders, had all disappeared, leaving their City standing in a field containing nothing but flat grass.

Several of those players also said that they preferred to see the foliage and so on because the bare grass terrain looked stark and featureless, and the City looked rather 'lonely', especially when it was still very small (the effect wasn't as noticeable in respect of larger Cities which take up more space, especially because it's apparently rather difficult to scroll around the City field on the mobile client, so few players do that very often).

A small discussion developed, with browser players stating that their foliage graphics remained the same as usual (as my browser graphics still do), with the conclusion that the disappearance of the mobile foliage graphics was probably an attempt by Inno to reduce the system resource usage of the mobile client, but there was no official answer on the change.

I think (but may be wrong? - I wasn't paying that much attention!) that one or two of the replies from mobile players may have stated that they did NOT have the graphical change, at that time, with a reply or two along the lines that perhaps the graphics/no graphics difference between players meant that the whole thing was some kind of A/B test, which Inno is known to use in some cases - but again, I'm not sure.

If this is what you mean by the 'weeds' having disappeared, and it's only just happened in your own mobile client, then perhaps it was an A/B test at that time, with the result being that Inno has decided to remove the foliage from all (or more of) the mobile clients in the present version?

Then again, if 'weeds' on mobile actually means something else entirely, then I'm sorry to have wasted your time with this half-page of text...! ^_^

Last edited:

Skillpowers

When did the weeds disappear from around the city borders, on mobile? It looks  much better this way, thanks :)
im not sure where those "weeds" are but i only play on my PC , but right now the building space is 13x13 but its already designed to go into 14x14 when the time comes around , so maybe its in those locations thats the weeds have dissapeared?

Laurelin-Beta

Alternatively : the more the game heads towards mobile-only (I'm just waiting for the removal of Manual Combat - and all that it entails - but I suspect that, at least, may never happen, since it will take a LOT of courage!)... the more dumbed-down it will get. Just as do all PC-games-turned-mobile-cash-cow (five years ago, according to gaming industry stats, an average F2P browser & mobile game earned approx. 5 x as much on mobile as it did on PC - for the exact same game client - and there will be a bigger difference now). Also : there will be more 'mobile-friendly' chunky cartoon graphics incoming, depending on how much the present graphical style (a) costs to design, and (b) achieves in 'popularity points' - ref. the near-death-level-cyanosed new cheesily smiling blonde-permed Human 'Elven' milkmaid Sorceress. It's - horrendous to watch what it is. Bah.

Tomtimmon

Alternatively : the more the game heads towards mobile-only (I'm just waiting for the removal of Manual Combat - and all that it entails - but I suspect that, at least, may never happen, since it will take a LOT of courage!)... the more dumbed-down it will get. Just as do all PC-games-turned-mobile-cash-cow (five years ago, according to gaming industry stats, an average F2P browser & mobile game earned approx. 5 x as much on mobile as it did on PC - for the exact same game client - and there will be a bigger difference now). Also : there will be more 'mobile-friendly' chunky cartoon graphics incoming, depending on how much the present graphical style (a) costs to design, and (b) achieves in 'popularity points' - ref. the near-death-level-cyanosed new cheesily smiling blonde-permed Human 'Elven' milkmaid Sorceress. It's - horrendous to watch what it is. Bah.
I can actually relate to that. I never manual fought and once the app came out I found it faster loading on my Chromebook and faster to reset my 10 cities ;-).

eltina

I APP

push on the AW icon in botton.
my AW, now I Can see stars and the level on my AW,
85FD0A04-402D-4259-9199-2138B73D98B8.jpg

maybee the same Can bee change
when I look other AW in city, and there are in rune phase, I Can not see the level.
if I in the feature Can see the level I Can help my FS and tell that nead af Upgrade or maybee the AW is in level 30.
AAF096FF-49AA-40BD-9F18-53AAA9116E06.jpg

Last edited:

Buttrflwr

So when did Inno change the spire rules? Now when you join a new FS, you have to wait until the NEXT week to gain FS rewards even when you joined the day BEFORE the spire started? I have not seen this before in live. When did they do it on Beta?? And WHY??