• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Not a Bug Unappropriate lines in 4K resolution

• Thread starter Deleted User - 8093
  • Start date

Deleted User - 8093

Game version: v1.47-(2d75fb643) (2018-01-18 16:51)
Game world: Beta 1
Browser/IOS/Android + version: Chrome 63.0.3239.132
Flash Player version: 28.0.0.137
Operating System: Windows 10
Screen resolution: 3840*2160
Account name: ledjeuf
Humans or Elves: Elf

Reproducibility: 5/5

Current situation:
With my new 4K screen with native resolution 3840*2160, unappropriate lines have appeared in various places in game.
The most inconvenient lines are in the dropdown list of "Accept offers" of the Trader as you can see in screenshot below.

Expected situation:
There should not be these lines in unappropriate places, like with the 1920*1080 resolution I had before.

Reproduction Steps
Switch to resolution 3840*2160
2. Go to the tab "Accept Offers" in the Trader
3. Look at the dropdown lists: there are unappropriate lines

Screenshots of the bug:
Trader.jpg

DeletedUser1681

I agree shouldn't happen.

I have experienced similar behaviour when I have zoomed within the browser, from default 100%.
Another possible factor is if you have in screen settings changed the scaling of text from 100% to something else. My laptop has 125% and I have those "gridlines" appearing, though not quite as annoyingly as you do.

Deleted User - 8093

Indeed, in my Windows settings, the default and recommended value for the scaling of text in my resolution is 150%.
I tried to change it to 100% and indeed these lines have disappeared but the text is very small, I can barely read it...
So you're right, the problem seems to be relative to the scaling of text.
However, I think it should be good to fix it.

DeletedUser1681

I tried to change it to 100% and indeed these lines have disappeared but the text is very small, I can barely read it...
My laptop had the same text setting initially - 150%... and same thing happened to me also, at 100% text was way too small. However when I changed it to 125% text became quite readable (depends on your eyesight ofc). I still have those gridlines, but less annoyingly - a bit like excel table. Take note however that changing the text scaling might also affect the size of your city that you can see on your screen at one time, and same on world map.
However, I think it should be good to fix it.
o/ me too.

Kersepitje

QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
lines when browserzooming have been reported multiple time in the past.
So far they always turned into not a bugs. Examples:

https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/inde...ince-map-does-not-fit-fullhd.5413/#post-36456
https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/inde...drop-downs-since-last-update.4786/#post-33133

There might be hopes for the future tho. When elvenar browser version moves away from flash, there might be a chance these line will be gone.
However i cant make any promises, for me flashfree are also just echos of the future...