• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

User Interface [UI] Tooltip for culture amount in other player's cities

Are you in favor of this idea?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DeletedUser395

Summary
When visiting other players, implement a tooltip when hovering over cultural buildings to see how much culture they give, for NH purposes.

Description
Elves don't know which human culture building gives the most culture and humans don't know which elvish culture building gives the most culture. Therefore it would be great if every culture building would show its amount of culture it gives when I'm hovering over it when visiting other players.

Motivation
Being able to perform better Neighbourly Help, player engagement.

Possible downsides
None.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Hello diepaula :)
We're all in the same situation: I don't know if a day, the game'll permit us to do what you've well explained. The same happens in FoE ;)
We'll see...

DeletedUser43

The first idea is a new idea that continues on this imlemented idea (click) about mouseover texts in neighbouring cities. I'll give this thread the same prefix, "User Interface".

The second idea is proposed (and forwarded) earlier in this thread (click) about enabling and disabling neighbourly help options. I've crossed out the corresponding of your post and I've removed the corresponding part of your thread title. Please support the second idea in the thread about enabling and disabling neighbourly help options and only use this thread to discuss the first idea. :)

DeletedUser1095

+1 for the mouseover text idea (are those little informational texts called tooltips?)
+1 for the other idea too, but I'll go to the other thread to say that :cool:

DeletedUser1596

I don't know if I get it right, but elven and human culture buildings are the same for quite some time. Isn't this idea outdated?

SoggyShorts

I don't know if I get it right, but elven and human culture buildings are the same for quite some time. Isn't this idea outdated?
You're just not seeing it from a FTP newbie angl:egrin:
Most players don't check the wiki and memorize the stats on buildings that they haven't unlocked, or will never buy.

DeletedUser1657

You're just not seeing it from a FTP newbie angl:egrin:
Most players don't check the wiki and memorize the stats on buildings that they haven't unlocked, or will never buy.

Regardless of race it is common people get uncertain as to the highest culture value item, even worse now with event buildings that scale based on era. People also often don't learn premium building culture values. If I understand it correctly this would tell us the value on hover over so you could check some buildings to see which is highest and then make your decision.

This could become redundant if the other idea for improving neighbourly help comes about but it is likely this will be easier to implement. Even if the other idea is implemented this can still be helpful when scouting other peoples towns to see what is ahead to better understand designs. I assume I am not the only one who checks out others towns for design ideas...or maybe I am:oops:

DeletedUser1681

There was a thread earlier this year after summer solstice where people complained that they had no idea of the value of an event building to the owner of the city because the value depended on where the owner was in research when receiving the prize. I often do click event buildings like the daunting pumpkins because it gives good culture to me, only to realize later that I had no idea what it gave to the owner.

Last edited by a moderator: