• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

User Interface [UI] Scout timer in HUD

Are you in favor of this idea?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DeletedUser651

Summary
Add a timer in the HUD with information about your scout.

Description
Implement a timer in the HUD for your Scout, so you can always easily see how long your Scout still needs, without having to go out of your city to find him on the World Map.

Motivation
More user friendly, helps planning your game.

Possible downsides
None.

Last edited by a moderator:
Would receiving a notification that says your scout has finished scouting (much like the notifications you get when e.g. one of your buildings is motivated or when one of your trades is accepted) also be sufficient, or do you really want the timer?

DeletedUser778

I would like to have a timer to not forget about my scout.
If in the evening I am about to log out and see my scout will finish in 10 minutes, I will wait to send him out again.
If I get a notification, I see in the morning I wasted a good bunch of scouting time.

If the devs don't wanne mess around with the hud, I could also imagine including the popup window info from unscouted provinces
p9UksqW6JlPm.png

in the popup window from the world map.
sAKrPEuJEvhI.png

So one can easily check the scouting time from within ones city. Without the need to go to the world map and then to the scout.

But a timer would still be my favorite :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1231

Put a notification once the ended scout is not the solution which I prefer because it risks to get lost in the middle of the other notifications and because if we see her it is already too late :p

I prefer the system of timer which is more effective.
On the other hand I do not think whether it is useful that this timer is posted permanently, it would be enough to see her for example if we cross the cursor on the icon world map, that shall avoid us having to go every time on the card (which is sometimes very long to display) and to go on the edges of our provinces acquired to see finally the remaining time of scouting

DeletedUser651

The timer is much better. For all the reasons stated above and because if I don't get the notification I am going to have to go to the world map anyway to see how much time the scout has left and anything that prevents me from having to go to the world map the better.

DeletedUser1596

Would receiving a notification that says your scout has finished scouting (much like the notifications you get when e.g. one of your buildings is motivated or when one of your trades is accepted) also be sufficient, or do you really want the timer?

I would be OK with just a little indicator (not a notification) next to a culture meter. Now, that we know that having a scout working 24/7 is not good for the game, there is no point in keeping track of every minute of his time.

DeletedUser1777

Maybe an indicator with two colours:
green (idle) and red (busy) with a mouseover when you would like to check the remaining time for the scout?

From my side it would be more important to improve the selection for the next province to scout.
At the moment I'm shuffeling around the world map and check the costs + time, type of province and sometimes the neighbour which would be discovered.

With every scouted province the process is taking longer, as there are more and more provinces to check. You know, the map is getting bigger and bigger (no matter if you are overscouted or not) :rolleyes:

DeletedUser118

Maybe an indicator with two colours:
green (idle) and red (busy) with a mouseover when you would like to check the remaining time for the scout?

From my side it would be more important to improve the selection for the next province to scout.
At the moment I'm shuffeling around the world map and check the costs + time, type of province and sometimes the neighbour which would be discovered.

With every scouted province the process is taking longer, as there are more and more provinces to check. You know, the map is getting bigger and bigger (no matter if you are overscouted or not) :rolleyes:

A reason why a smaller version of the world map is also pretty much needed. ;)

I still prefer the timer idea. I don't really care if Inno thinks I've scouted too far. I will do what I think is best for myself. Therefor I would really like to see that timer so I can send my scout out into the world whenever its ready again. :)

DeletedUser1596

...or a scouting queue. Pay in advance for a next province to scout while your scout is busy elsewhere and there will never be any need for timers and indicators :)

DeletedUser

No. There are other things that are more important and need to be implemented, fixed first.

Buttrflwr

I Voted yes on this, but I REALLY would like a pop up confirming my scout, or a cancel scout button more. Just sayin..

DeletedUser118

Well, it needs to be something showing all the time, since it wouldn't make sense to have it pop up one time and then never again. This way ppl might miss it and the whole thing wouldn't be of big help at all. What we need is a clear sign that the scout is available again and ready to be used.