• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

[UI] Player's City details in the Profile window

Are you in favor of this idea?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DeletedUser

Summary
Add more information in the Player Profile screen.

Description
The player's profile which is only for our personal view should have the details of our own city instead of having only the avatars and City name (which infact I think is being used by most to voice out their preference of the Building for neighborly help like shown in the visual aid)...

Visual Aid : a very Basic Mock-up display of my suggestion of the profile window (which is for our personal view only) :

NKLLF6f.jpg

Motivation
I think this will give us a picture / idea of our city / growth at a glance and will be useful addition to the game.

Possible downsides
We'd have to select carefully which info we'd want to have displayed so it doesn't become an info "overload" and more information means more server requests and therefore it could have a negative impact on server performance.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I am not really sure if its that easy to implement as it has to keep updating with the changes in our city every time we do changes in it but it for sure will b a nice addition if the dev's can make it happen ...Comparatively my making of this visual was much easier as its only cut & paste job ...LOL (hope u don't mind me "lol" at this tim:ewink:) ...thanks for the +1 ....

DeletedUser420

Nice job, but I'm ambivalent toward this. Mostly because of the amount of info I'm willing to give.

For the hoi polloi maximum would be my town name, boosted goods and a profile message box for 140 letters. This would be the info that anyone could access by left-click on my name in rankings, either immediately or as a third option (profile, send message, visit)

Where your idea would flourish is guilds. Guild mates would have access to my detailed profile (just add it under the public one), but with slight adjustments:
- main hall level
- total population instead of number of residencies (or both, but levels are unnecessary)
- total supplies production (plus number of workshops) in 1 day based on your unboosted amount of culture
- unboosted amount of culture
- level of barracks, squad size in training (useful than level of armories), squad size on the battlefield
- % of relics boost (number of relics), total 1 day production for each boosted good
- number of neighbors
This could also be available with left-click in ratings, but I really hope the devs are going to give us a neighborhood bar (like in FoE).

Or there could be an option in settings which level of info about yourself are you willing to share (1 - current, 2 and 3 as suggested here)

DeletedUser

Nice job, but I'm ambivalent toward this. Mostly because of the amount of info I'm willing to give.

For the hoi polloi maximum would be my town name, boosted goods and a profile message box for 140 letters. This would be the info that anyone could access by left-click on my name in rankings, either immediately or as a third option (profile, send message, visit)

Where your idea would flourish is guilds. Guild mates would have access to my detailed profile (just add it under the public one), but with slight adjustments:
- main hall level
- total population instead of number of residencies (or both, but levels are unnecessary)
- total supplies production (plus number of workshops) in 1 day based on your unboosted amount of culture
- unboosted amount of culture
- level of barracks, squad size in training (useful than level of armories), squad size on the battlefield
- % of relics boost (number of relics), total 1 day production for each boosted good
- number of neighbors
This could also be available with left-click in ratings, but I really hope the devs are going to give us a neighborhood bar (like in FoE).

Or there could be an option in settings which level of info about yourself are you willing to share (1 - current, 2 and 3 as suggested here)

Actually my suggestion is this whole info is to be only for the player's own reference ...Not for others to see ... So no... no one can see all this info but only us ....the owner of the city ....

What you are saying might be a new addition that can be suggested along with the guild system thread as it looks like a very good idea and one which will be useful for guild members ..

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser580

I am not really sure if its that easy to implement as it has to keep updating with the changes in our city every time we do changes in it but it for sure will b a nice addition if the dev's can make it happen ...Comparatively my making of this visual was much easier as its only cut & paste job ...LOL (hope u don't mind me "lol" at this tim:ewink:) ...thanks for the +1 ....

I have no problem with you. Your post that time was just strange. Thats all. Imma peaceful cause Im an elve! :D

DeletedUser58

I think this could be useful. I don't think it should be too hard to implement since the game already has to keep a record of your buildings and info, now it would just be presented to the player. +1

DeletedUser

+1

Here is what I suggested on other post, before seeing this suggestion...But I realize that suggestion above is more for profile for everyone to see...My suggestion is for personal view.

Hello and good day to all.

I think it would be useful to have a personal stats box(window).
In there I would like to see:
-diamonds bought
-number of expansions researched
-number of expansions installed
-productions made: ex: numbers of bed, bread, beverages, and all productions possible.
-money and supplies gained.
-numbers of buildings and what kind.
-how many neighbours discovered
-how many provinces discovered
-boosts
-and many more

DeletedUser

+1

Here is what I suggested on other post, before seeing this suggestion...But I realize that suggestion above is more for profile for everyone to see...My suggestion is for personal view.

LOL... its not for anybody else to see ...Its only for our personal view ...

I am not really sure why everybody gets that idea behind my suggestion being for everybody else to see?? ... I think i have mentioned it in my suggestion very clearly that its for our personal view / to let us understand our personal growth and these details will be in our own profile view (which nobody else can see except us) ...Even the mock up is shown in a window which only we - the players themselves- can see ... Please do tell me what needs to changed in the suggestion for everybody to understand that this suggestion is only for our personal view ... I do not want the dev's also to get the wrong idea ...

DeletedUser1095

Ddevil dear, maybe you need to put "only for our own personal viewing" in a large font and a bright colour at the very beginning of your very impressive post. For example "For our own personal viewing only, the player's profile should have the details of our own city, instead of having only the avatar ... " and then again: "Visual Aid : a very Basic Mock-up display of my suggestion - which no one but us would see: "

That might help! Or it might not :confused:

DeletedUser

Ddevil dear, maybe you need to put "only for our own personal viewing" in a large font and a bright colour at the very beginning of your very impressive post. For example "For our own personal viewing only, the player's profile should have the details of our own city, instead of having only the avatar ... " and then again: "Visual Aid : a very Basic Mock-up display of my suggestion - which no one but us would see: "

That might help! Or it might not :confused:

Done the necessary changes as per your suggestion ...Written the words " for our personal viewing "explicitly twice ..Hope atleast now its clear for anybody reading the suggestion ...:D:p

DeletedUser43

I have forwarded the idea of a statistics window that has been discussed in two open threads:
https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/players-city-details-in-the-profile-window.1346/
https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/statistic-page-for-user.2133/

The following answers to my earlier questions (click) have been forwarded:

Which information should be presented?
The following is suggested:
  • Amount of buildings, e.g. 16 residences, 4 workshops, 2 planks manufactories, 1 barracks, 1 trader, 1 main hall, 2 monster fountains. Maybe the levels of the buildings could be displayed as well. Maybe a link could be added, so the player would go to one of the corresponding buildings.
  • Total amount of bought diamonds.
  • Amount of expansions, both researched and placed.
  • Amount of produced productions, e.g. total amount of produced beverages.
  • Total amount of gained coins and supplies.
  • Total amount of discovered neighbours.
  • Total amount of discovered provinces.
  • Total amount of completed provinces.
  • Amount of squads per unit type.
  • Amount of fought encounters. Maybe the won and lost battles could be displayed as well.
  • Amount of negotiated encounters.
  • 2D city map.
  • Percentages of building types in your city, e.g. 30% culture buildings, 10% military buildings, 30% residences, 20% workshops, 10% manufactories.

Where should the information be presented?

The following is suggested:
  • Main hall.
  • Player profile.
  • Places that correspond with the given information, e.g. military information in the barracks, building information in the main hall, world map information on the world map.

Both ddevil's and Thuncal's mock-ups have been forwarded. I have made sure to comment that the statistics window should be for personal viewing only. ;)

DeletedUser

Awesome I much prefer the first set of information to be shown