• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

[UI] Make it possible to turn off "not connected to road" -signs

Are you in favor of this idea?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DeletedUser1607

Summary
Add an option to turn off the "not connected to road" icons.

Description
In the woodelf chapter all culture buildings produce mana, even the filler culture. To produce mana these buildings needs to be connected to a road.

Let's say I wanted to fill out empty spaces with Mana Fountains (which also happens to be the most effective non-premium/event culture building) in my city. I get enough mana from my Weeping Willows, so I wouldn't bother connecting these Mana Fountains to a road.

Now I would have these ugly "not connected to road"-signs all over my city..

Motivation
More user friendly, less confusing and less annoying.

Possible downsides
Would also disable these icons for other buildings, so you could miss them when rearranging your city.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser651

Agreed!!! We've been asking for this for a very long time!!

DeletedUser1817

Another issue with these buildings is that the developers choose to completely deactivate the hints (as on all disconnected production buildings would say some people, but these are not pure production buildings, they also have a cultural part; this is, by the way, an interesting new combination :)) while they would be needed for precise cultural bonus management (spell or NH duration left, if any, ...).

I would find much more normal that they keep a visible hint, just showing the cultural part of the standard hint.

Even though this is not, strictly speaking, a "bug", I would deem this a very poor design choice :(...

Last edited by a moderator:

ALdbeign

This would be an awesome addition to the game! being able to turn off "zzz"'s would also be nice (on live server, i have 5 armories and i really don't need that many orcs).

Marindor

Unfortunately this idea didn't get the minimum of 20 votes. Therefore it will now be archived.