• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

[UI] Game time clock or time zone calculation

Are you in favor of this idea?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DeletedUser651

Summary
Add a "Game Time" clock and base all notifications on that time.

Description
Problem: So many things are listed as having occurred at a certain time, such as notifications, when someone gave you neighborly help, etc. All of these things are listed as having occurred in some time zone but not the individual player's time zone.

Solution: Have a game clock so everyone knows what time it is currently in Elvenar time (I think this would be more fun as I like the idea of doing a little math to know what time zone a particular place is because it makes the game feel more exotic).

Motivation
More user friendly and times will be the same everywhere. Particularly needed on servers with multiple time zones (e.g. Beta and US). Also gives a nice extra magical touch to the "World of Elvenar".

Possible downsides
Code needs to be checked and adjusted in all places.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser58

I think I prefer version 1 as well. It should be easier to implement and would be more fun. :)

DeletedUser236

I like idea number 1 as well! :D Will unite the players a little and you can easily see how long ago you received help etc.

DeletedUser1777

As I'm already in "Elvenar Time", there is no need for me for an extra watch. I even wasn't aware there is an issue with that :eek:
I guess it's only developers lazyness, that the correct timezone isn't set up for every gameworld ;)

Anyway, as long as you hide this new gametime in messages or somewhere else, I'm fine with it. I don't want to have it all the time visible.

To have a visible watch might be psychological bad, as you are reminded a little more, how much time you waste while playing Elvenar.
I hardly believe this would be wished by Inno, they want us to stay as long and often into the game as possible. So our relationship to the game gets stronger and we are more tempted to spend some extra Diamonds ;)

SoggyShorts

how much time you waste while playing Elvenar.
I hardly believe this would be wished by Inno, they want us to stay as long and often into the game as possible. So our relationship to the game gets stronger and we are more tempted to spend some extra Diamonds ;)
Like trying to find a clock in Las Vegas =)

DeletedUser1548

Will it fix also Tournament times or still during winter we'll have it 1h earlier?
Just asking...

DeletedUser1817

Just adding a clock in the game screen would be a great improvement, especially when you play in full screen mode (which I prefer, but sometimes cannot, one reason being that I have to regularly check the time - other main reasons being that I have to regularly switch to the forum, the beta1 world or Paint to to save screenshots). It would be useful that, as a system option, the user can choose which time is displayed: local time or Elvenar world (server) time. I do not think everyone feels the same way as @Bobbykitty regarding this choice, so let us choose ;).

If the devs think they can prevent us checking the time when we want or need to, they are gravely deluded ;)... In a computer game, the system clock is rarely more than one keypress or click away! It is just annoying :(, because of the confirmation dialog, to have to switch between windowed and full screen modes...

Marindor

This poll unfortunately did not meet the minimum requirement of 80% in favor of the idea. Therefore we will now archive this thread.