• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

User Interface [UI] Colour in the unused bit of the gold and supplies bar

Are you in favor of this idea?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DeletedUser2411

Summary
Add color in the unused bit of the gold and supplies bar.

Description
Add color in the unused bit of the gold and supplies bar so it become more obvious how close you are to having filled the storage. If it was say yellow, orange, lightish grey or something you would be far more likely to notice when it is almost full and avoid losing some of the gold or supplies collected.

Motivation
Black on almost black doesn't leave it very obvious which means you have to explicitly look to notice, especially for players with visual problems.

Possible downside
Esthetics / UI

Last edited by a moderator:

edeba

I've had that 1 short of full as well after sweeping through a collection, and then you click on another building for collecting and essentially waste that collection. I think this is a bug so you should report it in the bugs, and you are probably correct that it happens with rounding.

DeletedUser2411

I've had that 1 short of full as well after sweeping through a collection, and then you click on another building for collecting and essentially waste that collection. I think this is a bug so you should report it in the bugs, and you are probably correct that it happens with rounding.

I'm not exactly sure of the circumstances the bug occurs, just that an entire sweep that should clear the quest easily doesn't and that the storage is always 1 short of being full when it occurs, not entirely sure that it was one short before the sweep since I only notice the bug after sweeping but suspect so since usually when doing a sweep it that fills the storage it only clears enough buildings to fill it and it is always full.

I'd still like it to be more obvious visually when the bars are almost full though and it should be easy to do, I often play from my couch on my TV and black on almost black from a distance is impossible to distinguish even when delibrately looking, if it was a different colour I'd be likely to notice it is full even without explicitly thinking to check. Losing gold isn't that big an issue due to having large number of buildings that give it but losing supplies is given they are rarer, especially on event quests that need a certain amount and you click a wonder that should easily clear it and only end up getting a few hundred and have to use an instant to complete to finish it.

I wish the full amount counted towards the quests even if it doesn't go into storage due to it being full although I'd rather it be easier to notice if storage is full. Less of an issue on my big account which rarely fills supply storage although gold does quite often which costs me some KP I could have bought if I'd actually noticed storage was almost full but recently started a new city and losing stuff there can hurt.

DeletedUser2003

I'd still like it to be more obvious visually when the bars are almost full though and it should be easy to do
Coin and supply bar modified.png

Something like this?

DeletedUser2411

Yes, that would be a lot easier to notice when close to full without having to deliberately think to check although Innogames probably wouldn't go for something so bright, I think an orangey brown colour would probably fit with the existing dull blue colour, an alternative might be to keep it black but change the surround for the top bit from the blackish sort of brown to a little brighter wood type background

DeletedUser2003

I tried to match the KP color. I think it's easier to see the remaining capacity and easier on the eyes, and probably an easy coding change, if the Devs were so inclined.. :oops:
Info Bar.png

DeletedUser2411

That is very close to what I was thinking, devs would probably want it be a little darker though if they went it.

edeba

More attention is needed for visual issues... Seems to me that a lot of the players in my groups are older... I sure don't see what I used to so ...

Marindor

Hi guys,

This idea unfortunately didn't get the minimum amount of voters. We will now archive it.