• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

User Interface [UI] City Background changes with each chapter

Are you in favor of this idea?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DeletedUser1665

Summary
Different City background per chapter.

Description
Each time you entered a new chapter on the Research Tree, the background of your city changes. Something like a dusty landscape for Orcs and a spooky old landscape for Sorceress.

Motivation
This would both help people and their fellow members to be able to identify what chapter your in. It would also give players extra incentive to get to the next chapter or continue playing.

Possible Downsides
None, other than required dev time.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1877

Interesting thought, would have no effect on game play, so not impact on future plans, yet could well improve morale of the players.

+1

DeletedUser118

Since they already denied us having our own skins/looks for the buildings in our city, I highly doubt this idea will get much positive response by the devs.

DeletedUser1075

But it is an interesting idea. Not sure how much dev work it would be, if it were tied to the chapters and so a once and done kind of thing for coding and creative.

DeletedUser1075

It is a nice idea, but frankly there are other much more compelling ideas which I'd like to see prioritized first.

DeletedUser2115

I'm afraid I agree with Wowwie. As long as Flash is controlling our game, this would increase load times significantly. My vote is a no unless something can be done to improve load times and/or Flash disappears.

Jackluyt

Nice idea!
But an awful lot of work for the graphics team.

The thought struck me though - the game is supposed to develop your city from small to bid in stages - and it stays in the same place. Changing the background each time means your city has moved somewhere else - which is at variance with the story line.

Perhaps a better idea would be to redesign only the open space top left - and pop in a logo figure of some kind for that chapter?
A character - or an emblem??
21371393_10210043268498891_527840795368110656_n.jpg

Marindor

Thank you all for voting. This idea didn't meet our minimum requirements of 20 votes and 80% in favor so we will now have to archive the thread :)