• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

User Interface [UI] Arrow keys for city navigation

Are you in favor of this idea?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Elderflower

Summary
Implement a way to navigate through your city by using the arrow keys.

Description
I am glad I can use the arrow keys to move around the world map but I would also like to be able to use them to navigate inside a city - especially when giving neighbourly help.

Motivation
Sometimes my neighbour's city is quite big and they have indicated that they would like their Builder boosted. It can take a bit of time moving around the city with a touch pad to find the Builder's Hut. Since the improved aggregation of players on the map I find Neighbourly Help takes a lot of time anyway so would appreciate anything that speeds up the process.

Possible downsides
None.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dhurrin

+1
I dont use the arrowkeys much myself, but in my FSs many people have asked about this. It would make the game easier to navigate for them.

DeletedUser1681

you cant accidentally collect spells if you can use arrow keys to move :D
Yes, and that's why I've been missing this option ;) Anyway, even if there's no such big mistake like the world map "start scout oops" to be made I still sometimes like to do things in certain order and not click other things on my way there. For me this is about moving around in my own village.
I'm actually surprised that some people have voted against this, it's not like you would have to use the arrow keys if you don't want to. Or is there some downside I can't spot ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Sir Squirrel

I didn't even know you could use arrow keys to move on the world map. I could see it being hard to move around with a touch pad, so this would be a great help to players without a mouse.

DeletedUser1899

Yep many a time click dragging around someone's city have I accidently clicked the wrong help.. Also many a time in my own city have I accidently clicked drag and collected something I did not want to collect... +1 for me

Marindor

Hi everyone,

Unfortunately implementing this function would take up too much time for now, since it's a lot more difficult than it seems. Therefore the idea is rejected for now.