• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

World Map Turn inactive players into visitable 'Ghost Towns'

DeletedUser538

[Summary] - Turn the vacant spaces on the map caused by the removal of inactive players into visitable "ghost towns" with e.g. only a 'spooky' main hall that is available for neighborly help.

[Details] - I guess details are not necessary, since the suggestion is real simple ;)

[Reasons for implementing] - With the current system of completely removing towns of inactive players their active neighbours lose the ability to get the reward of neighborly help of towns they discovered. Imho this is an unfortunate side-effect because due to this:
• active players are put at an extra disadvantage;
• it may be very discouraging for starting players to see lots of waste land.

[Impact on other game features] - Neighborly Help

DeletedUser

I don't get it with you people. For months you've complained about inactivity, now they're doing something about it, and then people complain they can't get any coins from their dead neighbours anymore. Those spots will be filled over time with players who will hopefully be more active. patience is a virtue.

DeletedUser

I don't get it with you people. For months you've complained about inactivity, now they're doing something about it, and then people complain they can't get any coins from their dead neighbours anymore. Those spots will be filled over time with players who will hopefully be more active. patience is a virtue.
+1 !

DeletedUser

I don't get it with you people. For months you've complained about inactivity, now they're doing something about it, .....

It is as always: tears tears tears.... :p New things are always bad and the usage of the own player brain is overrated.

DeletedUser

This is actually a good idea, having a half empty neighbourhood isn't really an improvement (it will be empty for quite a while I guess). Ghost towns however, that are replaced once there is a replacement, are a way better approach. Those cities could be grey on the map, so you know that you don't get anything back from them, but they can still contribute to your income.

--

OP is not complaining about the possible replacement with active players, but about the empty neighbourhood right now. That's two parts of the new system, one is good, one is rather "suboptimal". You're welcome to see them as two different things. ;)

DeletedUser338

Well, at least they're putting new players closer to us on the map now. That's something we can be happy about :p

DeletedUser

I've not seen anything about that on my map...I'll check it...:eek:
No, there are no changes yet...:eek:

DeletedUser338

They'll come slowly but certainly. Patience, young Padawan.

DeletedUser

I'm patient: I play to Elvenar during my free time from work, so there are no problems...I'm not a big player, so I can wait all the time they need :D

DeletedUser

Will be great what the player ask, we need to conquer more tiles without it, please:
Turn inactive players into visitable 'Ghost Towns'

DeletedUser538

Sigh... still lots of green grass in my hood...

Plus I keep on exploring new provinces without connecting to any other player - I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Not very encouraging :(

DeletedUser

No, NormaJeane, unfortunately you're not alone...
In my map, actually I've more empty slots than neigbours: a disaster :(

DeletedUser252

I had that too for a long time, but since a couple of weeks I have brandnew neightbours and some of them are actuely playing!

DeletedUser927

There are just a few people around my city, but with my fellows I get all of the help I need :p