• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Battle Troop selection

marcovaldo19

• Idea: modify the troop selection system
  • Problem: In any fight there are three troop types (barraks, training grounds and mercenary camp) but to choose them you have to move between three tabs. This can lead to choosing mainly from the first tab even if better troops are in the other tabs.
  • Solution: Use a screen like the one used in ARMY CAMP view.
    1621842328204.png
  • Effect: with a complete view of all troops, their quantity and mainly with the tooltips to see their abilities, players can make their choices better and easyer.

marcovaldo19

I'd really like to know your opinion about this idea because I feel it could be easily implemented in the game and would give great beneficts.
So please feel free to comment, I'm ready to replay any question you could have

CrazyWizard

• Idea: modify the troop selection system
  • Problem: In any fight there are three troop types (barraks, training grounds and mercenary camp) but to choose them you have to move between three tabs. This can lead to choosing mainly from the first tab even if better troops are in the other tabs.
  • Solution: Use a screen like the one used in ARMY CAMP view.
    1621842328204.png
  • Effect: with a complete view of all troops, their quantity and mainly with the tooltips to see their abilities, players can make their choices better and easyer.
even on the PC there is a limited amount of real estate.

I think the game is designed around 800*600 but even 720p might not be enoug pixels to add 2 extra rows of units in the screen.

marcovaldo19

I would love having them all shown, but it may be a problem at least on mobile to find room for them all? But then they could implement it only on browser?
I gave a look on the mobile and I think that with a little space reorganization (and in this game we are all masters in reorganization of space) it could be possible to find the space. in the first row (enemy) there are 8 spaces and we all know that actually 5 is the limit.
the enemies and your squadsize are represented as hexagons, so they can match in 2 rows. this should give enough space for 3 more rows of hexagons allowing all the required troops. I don't know if it is possible to resize the pictures and make them slightly smaller.

Last edited:

marcovaldo19

even on the PC there is a limited amount of real estate.

I think the game is designed around 800*600 but even 720p might not be enoug pixels to add 2 extra rows of units in the screen.
the battle screen on browser is a popup while in the app is a full screen. I don't see difficult to make the battlescreen a full screen also in browser, even if I don't think this to be really required.

Enevhar Aldarion

I gave a look on the mobile and I think that with a little space reorganization (and in this game we are all masters in reorganization of space) it could be possible to find the space. in the first row (enemy) there are 8 spaces and we all know that actually 5 is the limit.

You still can have up to 8 enemy squads when completing world map provinces, so that space is spoken for.

marcovaldo19

You still can have up to 8 enemy squads when completing world map provinces, so that space is spoken for.
you are right, sorry. I was not thinking.

the worst thing in the app is that fingers are more thick than mouse and the troop selection needs more space to ensure a proper selection on mobiles.

I use pc so my experience on app is near to 0. could it work with something like placing the three troops rows in three lines but disalligned?
something like

1__ 2 __ 3__ 4__ 5
_a__ b__ c__ d__ e
___A___B__C__D___E

every suggestion is wellcome