• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Cannot reproduce Troop boosts not working

satchmo33

I've placed 5 (6?) troop boosts for this tourney and they're not working. I'm used to them (in live) really making a significant difference in troop depletion in playing tourneys. Here....it's like they're not even there. 8-{
~satch

Karvest

Code:
    Units Health:      +75,00%
    Light melee:       +0%
    Light ranged:      +50,0%
    Mages:             +100,0%
    Heavy melee:       +0%
    Heavy ranged:      +0%
Not a really big boost for 20+ provinces. Especially for trash elven mages in ch8.

Pauly7

So he had 3 * UUU, 1 * ELR and 2 * MMM.

I don't think that's the right profile for a gems tournament. It would be more successful (in my opinion) to have 4/5 * MMM and no others.

Pauly7

4/5 MMMs won't work well for ch8 elves.
Hmm, just more of them? I've never had an elf city.

His problem is that something that was working previously is not working now. My guess is that's because there's a bit of a scatter-gun of boost buildings here, but gems is probably a really tough tournament for a chapter 8 elf. It's hard to do it without mages so all you can do is make those things as hardcore as possible.

Karvest

elven mages will get hit way more often than human ones, and without UUUs it could be very painful.

Enevhar Aldarion

I don't know. The past few weeks I have had the bad luck to have zero health boosts for my troops and I could really tell the difference in losses between no boosts and having one or two UUU or a DA out. So if she is having problems with three UUU out, maybe something really is glitching.

CrazyWizard

I have had in the past an instance where combat buildings did no longer work (I noticed it since my 1 shot actions where no longer even close to a 1 shot anymore) It took many many relogs before it was fixed again.

I have no clue what made those combat buildings fail, but I know it is possible for it to happen. and as I cannot reproduce it I havent made a bug report, but it's viable that someone experiences the same thing.
Since in most cases it might not be that obvious it might be this bug that I experienced a while back might happen more often than we know, but it mostly goes unnoticed.

How many of us play manual with 240+% attack boosts and therefore notice it?
I rarely do, except for that specific week where I did and noticed it.

I have had 2 gem tournaments I recorded and 1 of them was considerable easier than the other, but was that ty a failing combat building or just worse luck with enemies / map obstacle combos?
Who could be to blame? this makes a possible bug like this very hard to detect.

Marindor

Unfortunately we have not been able to reproduce any bugs in this area. For now we'll archive this thread. If you have any more concrete reproduction steps, please let us know.